Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Where were you? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=268771)

bernie 06-08-2005 05:10 PM

Where were you?

Not sure if this topic has been brought up. I haven't seen it. Repost from another group.

[ QUOTE ]
I was reading a newspaper article that brought up an interesting point. 9/11 was our generations JFK assassination. If you ask your parents they probably still know where they were and what they were doing and where they were when they found out that he had been shot. So I ask you where were you and what were you doing when you heard about the first plane hitting the tower?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was listening to Stern while waking up and heard his crew freaking out. Then I turned on the news. Even though it was tape delayed, it felt like it was live. I remember delivering that day and not seeing a plane in the sky. Which is very odd where I live. I remember driving on the freeway past some military bases and seeing the gaurds with machine guns at every exit. I've never been to NY so, in a way, it was very surreal to me. Kind of like a typical east coasters' view on the San Francisco earthquake.

b

jakethebake 06-08-2005 05:11 PM

Re: Where were you?

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this topic has been brought up. I haven't seen it. Repost from another group.

[ QUOTE ]
I was reading a newspaper article that brought up an interesting point. 9/11 was our generations JFK assassination. If you ask your parents they probably still know where they were and what they were doing and where they were when they found out that he had been shot. So I ask you where were you and what were you doing when you heard about the first plane hitting the tower?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was listening to Stern while waking up and heard his crew freaking out. Then I turned on the news. Even though it was tape delayed, it felt like it was live. I remember delivering that day and not seeing a plane in the sky. Which is very odd where I live. I remember driving on the freeway past some military bases and seeing the gaurds with machine guns at every exit. I've never been to NY so, in a way, it was very surreal to me. Kind of like a typical east coasters' view on the San Francisco earthquake.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at work. Watching CNBC. And saw the 2nd one hit live.

asofel 06-08-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I had pulled an all nighter coding the backend of my current employers main website. 8 hours or so of staring at the screen, knowing we went live the next day, and worrying I wouldn't make it. My roomates woke up and were watching tv when i heard them start with the 'holy [censored]' comments. I walked out to the living room and was hoping it was just some [censored] up dream...

Add to the fact that I was at Georgetown then, and you could climb to the rooftop apartments, look out, and see the pentagon burning. Complete this with the additional fact that some faculty were on board, and kids around campus who had family on board were just bawling....yeah, not fun...

Dead 06-08-2005 05:12 PM

I was jerking it in the shower, and getting ready to go to school for 2nd period.

Voltron87 06-08-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was jerking it in the shower, and getting ready to go to school for 2nd period.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

I was pahking tha cah in the habah.

IndieMatty 06-08-2005 05:16 PM

a few blocks away, walking out of the subway. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Peca277 06-08-2005 05:19 PM

Just got out of my International Politics class and was ready to go back to sleep when I turned on CNN. I was at a SUNY school so it was very lucky that none of my residents lost anybody close.

Soul Daddy 06-08-2005 05:19 PM

I was at home sleeping. The phone just kept ringing and I ignored it for a while. Then I realized that something must be wrong, because no one I know would even think to call me before noon.

GoodAnarchist 06-08-2005 05:20 PM

i was skateboarding and grinding the rails on top of the world trade center.

Dead 06-08-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

I was pahking tha cah in the habah.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's unacceptable. And you should know that I have that line trademarked.