Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New deposit promo for Paradise, what do you think??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=48488)

wdbaker 10-10-2003 11:58 AM

New deposit promo for Paradise, what do you think???

Just got it this morning and thought I should notify all you bonus whores.
Wanted some input on how long you think it would take to clear this under these conditions.

Hello wdbaker!
Paradise Poker is proud to be advertising during the exciting World Poker Tour broadcasts on the Travel Channel. With our upcoming ads, many new poker players are sure to discover Paradise Poker and make it their online poker destination of choice.

To celebrate the launch of our new ads, we are adding a 20% BONUS to Paradise Poker chip purchases made on Saturday October 11th, Sunday October 12th, and Monday October 13th.

Promotion Details: Maximum bonus over the 3 days is $100. The Bonus Amount will be added to your Pending Bonus account where it will be held and automatically released to your cash account based on these easy requirements: For each raked game you play you receive 1 point and at 100 points we will move $10 from your Pending Bonus account to your cash account. You will continue to collect points until you receive 100% of your Bonus money.

Sincerely,

Your Paradise Poker Marketing Team

Dates: Saturday October 11th 12:01am EDT to Monday October 13th 11:59pm PDT. There are no deposit fees using VISA, MasterCard, FirePay or NETeller.

crockpot 10-10-2003 12:01 PM

Re: New deposit promo for Paradise, what do you think???

this looks the same as their current conditions for clearing first deposit bonuses (which have been changed from the original one of 200 raked hands for any amount).

it definitely ranks as one of the harder ones to clear, but at a typical 50 hands/hr. it's still worth $5 per.

Cyndie 10-10-2003 12:56 PM

wasn't Paradise's single promotional claim to fame an occasional deposit bonus that was so easy to clear that it was far and away the best ever?

When will they have one of those?

jek187 10-10-2003 01:00 PM

Can you ever make a post not entirely consisting of questions?

squiffy 10-10-2003 01:02 PM

You have to play 1000 hands to get your $100 bonus released. That is probably achievable, but much less attractive than the 500 hands that Party requires for a $100 bonus.

So you need to play hands equalling 10 times the number of bonus dollars, which is twice as much as the 5 times the number of bonus dollars that Party requires.

And Paradise seems much tighter whenever I watch. I am afraid to play there.

Cyndie 10-10-2003 01:06 PM

Why? There is always something more I would like to know. I cannot think of a single reason to stop asking quesions(sic)

jek187 10-10-2003 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why? There is always something more I would like to know. I cannot think of a single reason to stop asking quesions

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying to completely quit asking questions. But 90% of the questions you ask are semi-rhetorical bullshit that do nothing but clog the forum.

This is part of the reason there are so many posters that dislike you.

lorinda 10-10-2003 01:18 PM

But 90% of the questions you ask are semi-rhetorical bullshit that do nothing but clog the forum.

and 90% of the answers have been posted before.

Lori

Vehn 10-10-2003 01:36 PM

Satan & Hitler are having a heads up no limit snow angel match as we speak.

Unfortunetly I was caught between 'whores and have to pull some money from Party to try and catch this one. If I make it in time I can have the elite 3-tables, 3-site 'whorefest going. I emailed support to see if they'll give me a 1-2 day extension, they've usually done that in the past.

Homer 10-10-2003 01:43 PM

Blah

This bonus will take twice as long to clear as the Party bonus (1000 hands vs 500 hands).

In the past, Paradise's bonuses only took 100 hands to clear.

-- Homer

tiltboy 10-10-2003 01:46 PM

This is my post of the year nomination for many reasons. It has a bit of truth, a hint of snippiness, and a dash of irony.

pokerwhore 10-10-2003 01:50 PM

other 10% talks about something not even related to the post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

wdbaker 10-10-2003 03:14 PM

I am sure glad that I started this thread [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Maybe next time I leave off the part of the subject title that says "what do you think???"

lorinda 10-10-2003 03:22 PM

I think it will be the start of a campaign that will drive Paradise above Party in a matter of a few months.

I also think that if my first thought is right, it will be a good time for bonus lovers everywhere.

Lori

tdiddy 10-11-2003 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you ever make a post not entirely consisting of questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe she's seen one too many episodes of Jeopardy.

Cyndie 10-11-2003 07:00 AM

ROFL...please see post in True poker bonus clearing n/m

that is an order...not a question! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well, really more of a request.

daryn 10-11-2003 09:54 AM

ok, now i have to say something..

why would you type the word "quesions" and then put (sic) after it.. were you quoting someone else?

i also noticed you did it in another thread (or maybe this one, i don't know) where you spelled potent as "potant" but i searched the thread and there was no other instance of this spelling.

?

justus 10-11-2003 09:58 AM

they had spelled the word incorrectly and then went back and edited it.

Cyndie 10-11-2003 10:20 AM

You are welcome to find some examples...Perhaps it would help. n/m

Cyndie 10-11-2003 10:25 AM

Like what?

and if so, I have actually tried to direct people to prior links, but often it is just easier to answer the question. You are certainly welcome not to read anything I write, but how does it clog things up?

daryn 10-11-2003 10:26 AM

ty justus N/T

lorinda 10-11-2003 10:49 AM

Re: Like what?

I meant 90% of the answers to the questions you ask relentlessly

You only have two answers and you reply to every post with one of them alternately.

Lori

Mike Haven 10-11-2003 11:01 AM

i think your use of "sic" the way you intended it is a little unnecessarily spiteful, mary, in trying to draw our attention to someone's spelling, even though most of us don't care, and assume a typist's, rather than a spelling, error

however, never having been good at Latin, (apart from amo, amas, amat), i looked up the meaning of sic in my pocket dictionary

after seeing it as you wrote it in your post i was a little surprised to read that sic means, "thus: used to indicate that an odd spelling or reading is in fact accurate"

we all live and learn, don't we? [rhetorical quesion (sic)]

Cyndie 10-11-2003 12:46 PM

I will certainly look it up, but it is used frequently that way.

: intentionally so written -- used after a printed word or passage to indicate that it is intended exactly as printed or to indicate that it exactly reproduces an original <said he seed [sic] it all>

The first one on important/impotent was a true joke. The second was truthfully in response to what I believe to be somewhat spiteful on his part.

In any case, I do not believe "spite" is even close to the correct level of intensity for my correction, perhaps "pique" or "annoyance."

wdbaker 10-11-2003 02:21 PM

All, I just posted this in another thread re: this topic but since this was originally about the subject line I thought that I would repost here and try to get you all back on track.

UPDATE
In my first two hours, 1 hr on .50/1.00 to get used to two tables and there software cause haven't been there for a while, and 2nd hour on 1.00/2.00 which is very tight, I made $67 total $20 on .50/1.00 games and $47 on the 1/2 games and about $10 per hour in bonus playing two tables for a grand total in two hours of $87.00

Games are way tight compared to Party though so if your going over there, tighten it up and as always when you get em, be agggggresssive

jek187 10-11-2003 02:37 PM

Re: 2 examples from this thread

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't Paradise's single promotional claim to fame an occasional deposit bonus that was so easy to clear that it was far and away the best ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really want the answer to this? They have had many promotions in the past. Run a search on it. Then you can answer your own question that nobody cares about.

But besides that, you make the implication that Para only had one promotional claim to fame. You use your questions to get subtler points across. You don't care for the answers, and specifically in this case, all you wanted to accomplish was do a little bad mouthing of a site that essentially told you to take a flying fu*k at the moon when you approached them w/your great Poker Vault.

[ QUOTE ]
When will they have one of those?

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell is anyone here supposed to know the answer to that? If you really care, email support and do your own research.

Jim Easton 10-11-2003 04:22 PM

jek, I think your dislike for Cyndie is leading you to read more into her post than she meant.

[ QUOTE ]
They have had many promotions in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they have. As far as I know, it has always been "play 100 hands to clear it", hence her statement that is was "so easy to clear that it was far and away the best ever".

[ QUOTE ]
all you wanted to accomplish was do a little bad mouthing of a site

[/ QUOTE ]

No bad mouthing here, just a note of the change from the easiest bonus to clear to a more difficult bonus to clear.

Yes, I must admit I do not hate Cyndie/Mary. In fact, I like her. I know her to be a decent and honest person.

jek187 10-11-2003 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have had many promotions in the past.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, they have. As far as I know, it has always been "play 100 hands to clear it", hence her statement that is was "so easy to clear that it was far and away the best ever".

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, please note that she said "wasn't Paradise's single promotional claim to fame an occasional deposit bonus that was so easy to clear that it was far and away the best ever."

This still implies that they've never run a promo worthy of "promotional fame" besides a depo bonus. What about the WSOP promo where they chummed the waters so nicely? How about the str8 flush in hearts on Valentine's Day? These are both famous promos. More so, IMHO, then their old depo bonuses.

The way she worded the question, does not put Para in a good light. If she wanted to "note of the change from the easiest bonus to clear to a more difficult bonus to clear" then she should just note it. Not doing so, brings up the question, "Why would she phrase things like this?" The obvious answer is that she has an ax to grind w/Para. Maybe there's another reason. Who knows.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I must admit I do not hate Cyndie/Mary. In fact, I like her. I know her to be a decent and honest person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate her, but I sure as hell don't like her either.

And if someone who lies, censors, and spams is "decent and honest" then I guess I agree with you there.

Jim Easton 10-11-2003 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This still implies that they've never run a promo worthy of "promotional fame" besides a depo bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it does.

[ QUOTE ]
What about the WSOP promo . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Several sites had WSOP promos.

[ QUOTE ]
If she wanted to "note of the change from the easiest bonus to clear to a more difficult bonus to clear" then she should just note it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the way I read her post. I believe your inferences are affected by your opinion of her.

[ QUOTE ]
And if someone who lies,

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't known her to lie.

[ QUOTE ]
censors,

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Do you mean on her website? It is a commercial site, she can delete (censor) whatever she wants. Like 2 + 2, there is absolutely no obligation be concerned with "freedom of speech" issues.

[ QUOTE ]
and spams

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerScene was more than a bit overzealous.

[ QUOTE ]
"decent and honest" then I guess I agree with you there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going on an image, I base my opinion on numerous personal dealings with her, including some involving significant sums of money.

lorinda 10-11-2003 06:24 PM

I don't think it does

I think it does.

Several sites had WSOP promos

Paradise was first, by over a month.

I believe your inferences are affected by your opinion of her.

I admit I have the same opinion of her, but I see the post the same way as Jek.

I have.

PokerScene was more than a bit overzealous.

No comment.

I base my opinion on numerous personal dealings with her, including some involving significant sums of money.

I have had exchanges other than those on this board, but none involved money.

Lori

jek187 10-11-2003 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

What about the WSOP promo . . .

Several sites had WSOP promos.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point here was that they'd have other famous promos.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

If she wanted to "note of the change from the easiest bonus to clear to a more difficult bonus to clear" then she should just note it.

That's the way I read her post. I believe your inferences are affected by your opinion of her.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's reasons like this that she should just state what she means. These kooky questions with underlying implications are the original source of the issue.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I have. Either believe me or not. Even I'm not going to air this dirty laundry.

[ QUOTE ]
??? Do you mean on her website? It is a commercial site, she can delete (censor) whatever she wants. Like 2 + 2, there is absolutely no obligation be concerned with "freedom of speech" issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not one to think that freedom of speech applies here. But when she deletes legit posts just because they don't reflect on her advertisers well, I don't think that's decent, regardless of whether she has the "right" to or not.

[ QUOTE ]
You are going on an image

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm going on an image of someone who lies, inappropriately censors, and spams. I wouldn't trust her w/20 FPPs much less "significant sums of money." But that's just me. To each his own.

Jim Easton 10-11-2003 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it does

I think it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

An honest difference of opinion here, which is why I think it is unfair to slam her for what he thinks she might have meant.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This supports my point.

jek187 10-11-2003 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

This supports my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, I'm willing to admit that I don't like Mary, and it *could* influence my judgement of her writings. I am trying to be objective, as I'm sure you are. However, I think that your like for Mary could be influencing your opinion the opposite direction.

So, I would like to hear a neutral poster's thoughts on the subject. And yes, I realize one poster is too small of a sample size, but maybe some truly unbiased opinion here would be nice.

Jim Easton 10-11-2003 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point here was that they'd have other famous promos.

[/ QUOTE ]

A "claim to fame" is something unique. Their "bonus clearing" was significantly faster than anyone else's.

[ QUOTE ]
It's reasons like this that she should just state what she means.

[/ QUOTE ]

In her way, she did. She just didn't do it the way you would have.

jek187 10-11-2003 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A "claim to fame" is something unique. Their "bonus clearing" was significantly faster than anyone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Para's WSOP promo and their Valentine's day promos were unique. In fact, moreso than the 100 hand depo bonus as that is matched by both Absolute Poker and Golden Riviera (a Prima skin.)

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

It's reasons like this that she should just state what she means.

In her way, she did. She just didn't do it the way you would have.

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't do it like me, or most of the other logical people around this place. Which brings me back to my original point. There are numerous reasons why she is disliked by many here. This happens to be one of those reasons.

Jim Easton 10-11-2003 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim, I'm willing to admit that I don't like Mary, and it *could* influence my judgement of her writings. I am trying to be objective, as I'm sure you are. However, I think that your like for Mary could be influencing your opinion the opposite direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could? I'm certain our personal opinions of her influence how we see her posts. It is human nature.

zamora 10-11-2003 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I would like to hear a neutral poster's thoughts on the subject. And yes, I realize one poster is too small of a sample size, but maybe some truly unbiased opinion here would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have absolutely no idea what this is about so i guess i can be viewed upon as a neutral poster with an unbiased opinion.

my opinion is that you and others are acting like complete jeks (sic) towards cindy.

i donīt know who cindy is and i have no idea what she has done to you guys and girls at this forum - but based purely on her posts i canīt understand why you are giving her such a hard time.

one thread was started because someone just wanted to get of his chest how much he disliked this person and others are picking on her because they think that her posts somehow implies that the almighty paradise poker may not be the nuts when it comes to promotions.

if people came down this hard on me i would probably get a little upset and sad even though nobody actually knows who i am or what kind of person i am.

again, i donīt know the backgroud to this. i guess that it started in the long and tiresome spam/affiliates/promote your own site - debate that where dominating the forum a couple of weeks ago. i did not read those posts.

if it is true that cindy is a liar, a spammer and whatever, could someone then please openly say what she has done and how she has caused any harm to people, so that she could defend herself towards those accusations.
OR
settle this among yourselves. it is not cindyīs questions that are clogging up the forum, it is the people replying to her posts with nothing else on there mind but to tell her what an awful human being she is.

that is my opinion. i think you are all good posters that are contributing a lot to this forum. but until i am told otherwise i think you are out of line this time.

peace.