Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3/6: Call-CR Blind defense with AA (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402317)

imported_leader 12-20-2005 08:38 PM

3/6: Call-CR Blind defense with AA

MP: 20/10 over 65 hands no real read

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls with the intention of CR almost any flop.

Hate this? Talk about it in here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4225972

Flop: (4.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (10.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets with the intention of calling a raise</font>

pokergrader 12-20-2005 08:46 PM

Re: 3/6: Call-CR Blind defense with AA

Looks like 99-AA, and you are a 80/20 favorite against that range. I like it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn over A2s or AT here from time to time, but I think it is much more likely he has an overpair or set.

kross 12-20-2005 08:50 PM

The turn is the tricky spot. Since you slow-played the AA preflop, your flop C/R probably tells him you have a T, so he may think his AT/JJ-KK are the nuts. So it's hard to interpret the meaning of his turn raise. So overall, the 3-bet is probably okay, not sure.

If he raises the river after all that previous action, you still think your 1-pair is good? Granted, folding for one bet in this big pot with aces sucks, so I'm not sure what I would do if he raised the river, but can calling a raise be automatic?

gehrig 12-20-2005 08:54 PM

good

AA is the second nuts here

kross 12-20-2005 08:58 PM

I think the turn if fine, I'm just wondering if we still like our hand if villain then raises the river. After the turn action, I think our hand is good. If he raises the river, he would have to have exactly 99, nothing else makes sense. So I guess we have to pay off.

gehrig 12-20-2005 08:59 PM

if villain raises the river i dont like AA but youre getting huge odds to call

12-20-2005 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good

[/ QUOTE ]

???

AA is behind 55, TT, 33, 44, 99, T5, T3, T4, T9, 53, 54, 95, 43, 94, 93, and A2. So it's actually the 17th nuts by my count.

I like post-flop here, and I guess I'll keep my pre-flop thoughts to myself.

Edit: And 76, so it's the 18th nuts.

imported_leader 12-21-2005 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
good

[/ QUOTE ]

???

AA is behind 55, TT, 33, 44, 99, T5, T3, T4, T9, 53, 54, 95, 43, 94, 93, and A2. So it's actually the 17th nuts by my count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one hand on that list is a realistic hand for villain. TT. As for preflop, there's a thread with extensive discussion about the call-cr blind defense method.

Redd 12-21-2005 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
good

[/ QUOTE ]

???

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one hand on that list is a realistic hand for villain. TT. As for preflop, there's a thread with extensive discussion about the call-cr blind defense method.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing this with AA is miles away from doing it with AK. IMO You give up tons of value by not getting bets into the pot.

imported_leader 12-21-2005 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doing this with AA is miles away from doing it with AK. IMO You give up tons of value by not getting bets into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This exact thing was already discussed in the other thread.

12-21-2005 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO TT and 99 are also realistic and there's an outside shot of A2s given that you have "no real read". Not that this should change your line... I was just pointing out that you don't have the 2nd nuts.

I've said elsewhere and I'll say here that I don't mind the call/c-r approach, but I think it's ill suited to pocket pairs.

imported_leader 12-21-2005 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO TT and 99 are also realistic and there's an outside shot of A2s given that you have "no real read". Not that this should change your line... I was just pointing out that you don't have the 2nd nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's very unlikely that 99 is raising the turn and calling a 3-bet. This would be a rather large mistake. A2s is quite a bit outside the range what most people raise from MP. Certainly those hands are more likely then the others but TT is the only hand on that list that is definitely in his range.

I've said elsewhere and I'll say here that I don't mind the call/c-r approach, but I think it's ill suited to pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-21-2005 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's very unlikely that 99 is raising the turn and calling a 3-bet. This would be a rather large mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my bad, I didn't realize we were playing against a player who played mistake free poker.

Just kidding, man... I'm worried that I came across as a complete prick in my original response to this thread. I know most of the hands I listed aren't realistic, it's just that I started listing the hands that were beating us, and the list ended up being longer than I expected. But I still don't think you should dismiss a hand from an opponent's possible holdings just because his play would be a mistake with it.

If you never expected your opponents to make mistakes, there wouldn't be much reason to play poker.

imported_leader 12-21-2005 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's very unlikely that 99 is raising the turn and calling a 3-bet. This would be a rather large mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my bad, I didn't realize we were playing against a player who played mistake free poker.

Just kidding, man... I'm worried that I came across as a complete prick in my original response to this thread. I know most of the hands I listed aren't realistic, it's just that I started listing the hands that were beating us, and the list ended up being longer than I expected. But I still don't think you should dismiss a hand from an opponent's possible holdings just because his play would be a mistake with it.

If you never expected your opponents to make mistakes, there wouldn't be much reason to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it's impossible just unlikely. This guy seems, on the face of it, to have some idea what he's doing PF. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that he makes less large mistakes post flop then someone with LAG or LP stats on average. Not to mention that given his stats, this isn't the kind of post flop mistake he would be inclined to make since he looks a little weak tight so far.

imported_leader 12-21-2005 01:32 PM

Results

He called my raise with QQ. MHIG

krishanleong 12-21-2005 01:37 PM

Perfect through river. Betting the river is the default. When I'm feeling like superman (or if I'm confident of a read) I'll check raise.

Krishan