Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Seahawks prediction (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401319)

bernie 12-19-2005 12:12 PM

Seahawks prediction

After watching them struggle against a mediocre Titans team, I see them losing their first playoff game after running the table the rest of the season.

The Colts game next week is a joke since the Colts lost. They really have nothing to play hard for. Greenbay sucks this year.

Sorry, but I'm just not convinced that they're 'there' yet. If they win their first playoff game, then I can entertain the thought.

b

ThaSaltCracka 12-19-2005 04:59 PM

Re: Seahawks prediction

you should try being optimistic for once Bernie.

lastchance 12-19-2005 05:01 PM

At home against Atlanta/Minnesota.... There's no way the Seahawks blow that game, right?

ThaSaltCracka 12-19-2005 05:03 PM

No way, both of those teams are garbage.

Soul Daddy 12-19-2005 05:09 PM

It's just your connection with their past talking. They can't win every game by 40 points.

bernie 12-19-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just your connection with their past talking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. They've barely eeked out wins against mediocre opponents. Even against some bad opponents.(SF comes to mind) They likely still won't be tested for the next 2 games.

I'm not sold on them yet. Especially with the powderpuff schedule they've had.

b

bernie 12-19-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should try being optimistic for once Bernie.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're my 2nd favorite team. I'd like to see them go. I'm just not going to give them high marks given the schedule they've played. I don't see them as a dominating team that everyone makes them out to be.

b

lastchance 12-19-2005 05:20 PM

We have a first round bye, we're the best team in the NFC, as long as NYG/Chicago take up the top two seeds (facing NYG/Chicago in the first week would suck), we're fine.

wh1t3bread 12-19-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At home against Atlanta/Minnesota.... There's no way the Seahawks blow that game, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. First of all both those teams probably won't make the playoffs (The vikings do have a better chance than the falcons). Second of all the Seahawks will get a first round bye, which means their first game won't be till the second round. Even if the Vikings or the Falcons make it they won't get past round 1.

Soul Daddy 12-19-2005 05:24 PM

I think you should give as much weight to their 83-3 performance over the previous two weeks as you are giving to this one.

bernie 12-19-2005 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should give as much weight to their 83-3 performance over the previous two weeks as you are giving to this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who'd they play during those 2 weeks? A terrible 49ers team and a Philly team in total disarray.

b

lastchance 12-19-2005 05:41 PM

But I really want those teams to make it, over the Cowboys, the Redskins, TB, or Carolina (all of which I think the Seahawks probably win, but might find a way to lose).

NFC breaks down like this right?
Seahawks, Bears, Giants
Everyone else that might get in the playoffs

ThaSaltCracka 12-19-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who'd they play during those 2 weeks? A terrible 49ers team and a Philly team in total disarray.

b

[/ QUOTE ]dude they DOMINATED the two teams.

Soul Daddy 12-19-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]dude they DOMINATED the two teams.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. It's not like NFL teams are routinely losing by 20+ points. Even the bad teams tend to keep things fairly close more often than not. Especially at home.

12-20-2005 02:25 PM

Did you actually watch the game? The Titans were looking very impressive, especially McNair. Any given Sunday.

Jeremy517 12-20-2005 06:23 PM

- The Giants had to go to overtime to beat the Eagles in week 14.
- The Colts only beat the Browns by 6
- The Bengals only beat the Browns by 3

Etc etc etc. Yawn. Any given Sunday, especially on the road (or against rivals in the case of the Giants and Bengals examples listed above).

samjjones 12-20-2005 06:25 PM

I don't think the Seahawks can beat the Giants again.

Jeremy517 12-20-2005 06:42 PM

The Giants got a gift on the Shockey "touchdown" or else Feely wouldn't have even been in position to miss three field goals.

bernie 12-20-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you actually watch the game? The Titans were looking very impressive, especially McNair. Any given Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most decent offenses have looked at least somewhat decent against the Seahawks. Have you watched any other Seahawk games? Primarily when they aren't playing a team with only 2 wins? They struggle. Usually in the 2nd 1/2. Almost like last year except this year they are just eeking out the victory. This is also usually after blowing around a 20pt lead.

b

Jeremy517 12-20-2005 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most decent offenses have looked at least somewhat decent against the Seahawks. Have you watched any other Seahawk games? Primarily when they aren't playing a team with only 2 wins? They struggle. Usually in the 2nd 1/2. Almost like last year except this year they are just eeking out the victory. This is also usually after blowing around a 20pt lead.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

"usually after blowing a 20pt lead"? In only one game this year have the Seahawks blown a 20 point lead, and that was the second game of the year (and they didn't even actually lose the lead). There haven't even been any 15-point blown leads since.

Your second-half assessment isn't any more accurate. During their 10-game win streak, the Seahawks have outscored their opponents by 63 points in the second half. During the 10-game streak, in only one game did the Seahawks get outscored by their opponent in the second half.

It sounds like the only Seahawk game that you watched was the Atlanta game in week 2...

Pudge714 12-20-2005 10:17 PM

The Seahawks did what the Chargers did they suffered from lloking ahead syndrome. They figured they would beat the Titans and than go to Indy and play them.
Also they jumped out to 14-0 lead and then took there foot off the accelerator. Then when the Titans took a ten point lead they responded right back, I think you are over reacting.

bernie 12-20-2005 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your second-half assessment isn't any more accurate. During their 10-game win streak, the Seahawks have outscored their opponents by 63 points in the second half. During the 10-game streak, in only one game did the Seahawks get outscored by their opponent in the second half.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im referring to when they play better teams. Not the crap ones that have littered the schedule. Although, SF made a nice comeback in their first meeting.

b

bernie 12-20-2005 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Seahawks did what the Chargers did they suffered from lloking ahead syndrome. They figured they would beat the Titans and than go to Indy and play them.
Also they jumped out to 14-0 lead and then took there foot off the accelerator. Then when the Titans took a ten point lead they responded right back, I think you are over reacting.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of my point. They tend to let off the accelerator and let teams back into the game.

We'll see after their 1st playoff game.

b

Jeremy517 12-20-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im referring to when they play better teams. Not the crap ones that have littered the schedule. Although, SF made a nice comeback in their first meeting.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

They outscored the Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys in the second half also.

BadBoyBenny 12-21-2005 12:23 AM

Carolina will be a tough game for them. If they get anyone else, they should be a big favorite.

This assumes that Chicago and NYG are #2 and 3 and won't see them until the NFC Championship.

If the Steelers lose, these guys will be my team.

Pudge714 12-21-2005 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of my point. They tend to let off the accelerator and let teams back into the game.

We'll see after their 1st playoff game.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
In the playoffs teams rarelly step off the gas.

ThaSaltCracka 12-21-2005 07:28 PM

For all the haters

andyfox 12-22-2005 01:53 AM

I still think they're the best team in the NFC. The Giants might be the best on a given Sunday, but the Seahawks have been the more consistent outfit. Really, who, until the Superbowl could beat them in a playoff game? The Giants would have the best chance, and perhaps the Bears. But who else?

lastchance 12-22-2005 01:55 AM

But there's a "Seahawks" choke factor, akin to the "Manning" choke factor.

In all seriousness, the Panthers could beat them if the Seahawks had an off day.

12-22-2005 02:26 AM

What a great season we have. An unbelievable, coulda been 16-0 dominant team in the AFC destined to win the Super Bowl in a game against 3 teams that "can" be good but choke all the time. One of the teams doesn't even know how to score. Hopefully Rex will change that for us though.

lastchance 12-22-2005 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What a great season we have. An unbelievable, coulda been 16-0 dominant team in the AFC destined to win the Super Bowl in a game against 3 teams that "can" be good but choke all the time. One of the teams doesn't even know how to score. Hopefully Rex won't change that for the bears though.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

Seahawks need all the weak opposition they can get in the playoffs.

12-22-2005 06:19 AM

The Seahawks and Giants have relied on home field more then any other team. Luckily for the Seahawks it doesn't matter because they will have home field, but the Giants road wins consist of the niners, and needing OT to close out Mike Mcmahon, Ryan Moats and the eagles. If the Giants find a way to win their last 2 games and get that first round bye then I like their chances, otherwise theres nothing there that tells me they can win 2 playoff games on the road.

As for the Seahawks theres no one that will say they are more overrated then me, but since they play so much better at home they have a pretty damn good chance.

The dark horse in all of this will be Carolina since they have gone on the road in 2 tough places and gone to the super bowl. They really werent that much better that year in the regular season then they are now, they just turned up the heat in the playoffs.

B Dids 12-22-2005 12:18 PM

The Seahawks offense looked fantastic for the first two drives. We then got burnt because the Titans o-line, which is good, player exceptionally and we're playing our 3rd corner.

Once the game got iffy, our D manned up and our offense kicked it back into gear.

This game only made me feel better about our changes.

Also- winning on the road in the NFL is hard. Luckily that won't be a problem for us in the playoffs.