Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Value bet ? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398843)

Erik779 12-15-2005 05:16 AM

Value bet ?

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ?

Final Pot: 12.25 BB.

Alobar 12-15-2005 05:22 AM

Re: Value bet ?

bet the flop

I check the river...I dont like my chances if I get called here. I supposed UTG could just be a huge fish with 99 and button has the FD, but i think you are better off checking and see how the action goes, if UTG bets, and button calls im folding tho.

imported_leader 12-15-2005 05:40 AM

I'd check and call one back including overcalling. I'm leading the flop though.

12-15-2005 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check and call one back including overcalling. I'm leading the flop though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obliky 12-15-2005 11:47 AM

I would lead this flop..as you checked i guess a c/r is ok as it protects your hand.

On the river, im having a hard time agreeing with a check/call. I know what i would do here..i would insta bet/fold.

However, the more i look at it the more i agree with check/calling.
I think my mind is set in value-bet mode as im playing very low limits at the moment where the majority of unknowns are fish and so wouldnt (usually) try to steal here with a busted flush draw or overcards.

Therefore im saying that i would bet/fold against fish who are likely to call here with a pair of 5s or less but who wouldnt try to steal with busted draws and the like.

Whereas i would check/call against reasonably aggressive villians who are likely to have one final stab at taking down the pot with hands that have no SD value.

12-15-2005 12:35 PM

c/r the flop is goooood. value-bet the river

aargh57 12-15-2005 01:03 PM

I think that I check/call the river against two opponents. Any butsted draw will fold and the Q will call. The only probable thing you beat is a smaller pp.

ErrantNight 12-15-2005 01:05 PM

checking that flop sucks.

Redd 12-15-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since EN started posting here it has generally become easier to reply to posts.

12-15-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I thought villain was the last aggressor pre-flop. In this case I change my mind.

ErrantNight 12-15-2005 06:34 PM

I'm not sure what that means... but I think I like it...

should I? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TheKentock 12-15-2005 07:26 PM

Grunch

A read on Button would help a ton, since he cold-called preflop and I want to know his range.

Ok, so a complete lack of initiative on UTG's part tells me he has a flush draw that missed, or some overs that didn't connect, or both. So I'm not too worried about him. The question is, is button unsure of his kicker to his queen, or was his a purely positional bet with no pair or a low pair?

I would lean towards being afraid of his kicker, simply because there aren't that many people who cold-call preflop that position bet into 3 opponents. But I'd have to know more about his tendencies before committing to a line. For now I'll say that a check/call is best here, since I loathe getting raised by a tricky button on the river.

Erik779 12-16-2005 05:49 AM

I checked the river, and the others checked as well.

UTG had 88 and Button had 96o [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I Should have bet the flop though