Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Play along - Blind protection (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398197)

POKhER 12-14-2005 08:37 AM

Play along - Blind protection

So you on the BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and its folded to SB who raises.

Now SB is tight 21/11 hes a fairly solid tag who went a bit to far with AA to a turn raise on XX99 once vs a passive(Called him down) but other than that we've not seen much of him.

think he see's us as a new player but who knows how toplay tight and fairly aggressive but a tad weak interms of value bets. He also knows we fold BB quite often. Our stats are currently 16/11

You.... ?

3 replies and the flop or no flop shall be discovered.

therockofgibraltar 12-14-2005 08:52 AM

Re: Play along - Blind protection

call? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Transference 12-14-2005 08:56 AM

Call it, a decent TAG is raising with close to any 2 here. These are very suitable cards to defend with, plenty of ways to hit the flop.

12-14-2005 08:57 AM

I have an unorthodox blind protection plan until I can grasp the more formal theories (only playing 6-max consistently for 2 weeks now) - but based on your reads I call the raise and fine-tooth comb the flop for continuability. For me the one premium card and the soooootedness tell me to call. If they were connected or a one-gapper I would consider a 3-bet.

POKhER 12-14-2005 09:04 AM

And so we go forth too the land of the cards...

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets out, Our Hero?

12-14-2005 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets out, Our Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise/fold to a 3-bet? No chance at a flush now and I do not like a two-tone flop with the A here. I do not see the benefit in a call so I'd rather take it down here, fold to TAG agrression, or try for a free card on the turn.

spydog 12-14-2005 09:21 AM

Call down. Raise if you improve.

Peter Harris 12-14-2005 09:25 AM

man, i'd raise here, but i like Spy Dog's line better.

I'd raise, curse and call a 3bet and then fold a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K turn. Calling down will be a better line.

Transference 12-14-2005 09:31 AM

I like to show down decent mid pairs against TAGS HU as often as possible, in other words im not inclined to fold because of the overcard.

If we raise the flop he folds nothing we beat nor anything that we really want to knock out.

I think our hand holds up just fine against villians range and I call.

POKhER 12-14-2005 10:32 AM

So you call, and the magical turn card lands and the bets double and everyone gets excited and bluffers get scared and OOP players are wishing they had position and ......

SB bets out, Our Hero Calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan bets, Hero...

oreogod 12-14-2005 10:32 AM

call preflop, but 3bet if he steals a lot. If I play better than the sb and he consitently steals I 3bet top 30ish percent of my hands, or 60-70 percent of the hands i will play. As it is, just call.

Flop, HU pot, pretty sure u have to call down, one of those situations where u make or lose money...play wa/wb, let him bet his bluffs/smaller pairs/etc or his ace. If this was multiway (more than a few players) u might be able to find a a fold (anybody agree w/ me here? This really depends on how many are in though).

Actually, question: say this flop is 3handed. Same action w/ a limper that called preflop to act behind u....what is your action? (seriously, everyone should do Bonus/Hypothetical questions in thier threads...they rule. Also I ask alot of questions because Im trying to help others out, some are pretty basic and I know the answers, some Im just curious what will be said, etc.)

Redd 12-14-2005 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SB bets out, Our Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise/fold to a 3-bet? No chance at a flush now and I do not like a two-tone flop with the A here. I do not see the benefit in a call so I'd rather take it down here, fold to TAG agrression, or try for a free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO it's important to see a showdown here unless the board gets really, really ugly. So I wouldn't take any line that involves a reasonably likely fold.

12-14-2005 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SB bets out, Our Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO it's important to see a showdown here unless the board gets really, really ugly. So I wouldn't take any line that involves a reasonably likely fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought about it that way before (I should have since it is more +EV that way!) Thanks Redd!

12-14-2005 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Villan bets, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

now I'm wishing I had folded to the steal, but I'm here to learn, here goes...

Hero folds. We are not improved by the K, we have no redraws left, we have a pair less than middle pair, the bet has doubled, and the pot is not big enough to continue.

POKhER 12-14-2005 11:52 AM

Villan doesn't steal often and have NEVER SHOW DOWN garbage. Hes pretty dam solid from what we've seen.

OREO - It changes the whole hand if a limper in involved, we can give credit to SB for a bigger hand as he wouldnt BLIND STEAL with a limper. His raise is most likly a premium hand or a PP. I'd maybe peel the flop and fold to villans turn bet now. Hard to say as to many things would change.

P.s. This hand isn't played by me. I shall explain all upon conclusion.

POKhER 12-14-2005 02:18 PM

Decisions people, bump.

zephed 12-14-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Villan bets, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

now I'm wishing I had folded to the steal, but I'm here to learn, here goes...

Hero folds. We are not improved by the K, we have no redraws left, we have a pair less than middle pair, the bet has doubled, and the pot is not big enough to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd probably fold the turn after the K falls too.

POKhER 12-14-2005 04:58 PM

Ok, Well it turns out hero put on his scuba gear and hit the river.

A 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] landed and villan checked, hero checked.

Villan showed 24o and apparently... Felt like a goof ball.

The name of this villan will remain a mystery and he's probably very embaressed about this play.

I think hero misplayed it, and im not sure if villan overplayed a COMPLETE BLUFF vs a weak hero... probably.

i wont reveal hero or villan indentity, but i may PM hero.

hemstock 12-14-2005 05:25 PM

I think it's fine unless maybe the river. If I was villain I'd play any pocket pair this way and also any good Aces and Kings, so I think calling down is the best line here. River should be a clear value bet although I'm not sure what am I doing when he raises even I dont think he will raise very often.