Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Are *'s taking it too far? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397994)

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:27 AM

Are *\'s taking it too far?

The common misconception on 2+2 is that it was built for OOT, but let us not fool ourselves, 2+2 will and always be a poker forum.

As you browse the general poker forums you'll see posters (some good, some bad) with *'s in their name. I find it extremely moronic that posters who come to post on a poker forum are being banned and "given strikes" that can ban them from the whole of 2+2 because Astroglide thinks their "OOT" posts aren't funny enough.

I think the *'s are a good system and should be given to people who use offensive material and breaking the basic ToS...

NobodysFreak 12-14-2005 12:27 AM

Re: Are *\'s taking it too far?

Eihli 12-14-2005 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for proving my point...

mason55 12-14-2005 12:29 AM

What I'm curious about is why people don't use the stars at the bottom of the thread to rate it instead of typing them in as replies. The rating thing at the bottom is way cooler.

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I'm curious about is why people don't use the stars at the bottom of the thread to rate it instead of typing them in as replies. The rating thing at the bottom is way cooler.

[/ QUOTE ]

*'s are a strike system, people are given *'s because astroglide deems the posts not worthy. If someone gets 3 they are banned from all of 2+2.

12-14-2005 12:30 AM

Try reading the Rules Of OOT.

mason55 12-14-2005 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*'s are a strike system, people are given *'s because astroglide deems the posts not worthy. If someone gets 3 they are banned from all of 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. I thought the stars under people's names were for good posters like the ones at the bottom. Everything makes a lot more sense now.

James Boston 12-14-2005 12:32 AM

Why do you care?

MonkeeMan 12-14-2005 12:32 AM

this is the life we have chosen.

NobodysFreak 12-14-2005 12:32 AM

You asked for it.

TheMainEvent 12-14-2005 12:33 AM

Perhaps you could give us an example of a poster banned by astro who the majority of posters in his home forum consider to be a significant loss.

12-14-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was amazed to discover this existed. Then I busted up laughing when I noticed this post had 3 stars. Quality.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, Rear Admiral Obvious. Im sure that mason needed this sort of clarification from you.

To address the "point" of your post, people can make a choice to not post in OOT. If you post in OOT, you follow the rules. If you don't you become a star.

[censored] 12-14-2005 12:35 AM

The common misconception is that your opinion matters. It doesn't. If you don't like the rules of OOT the solution is to not post in OOT. By posting you agree to be governed by our rules, this works for 90% of the posters. The rest get banned.

Aloysius 12-14-2005 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the life we have chosen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahhaa.

BTW - As noted in the stickie, through hard work and persistence, one can un-star themselves. I look forward to many hot girl threads with pics in the near future.

Regards,
-Al

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:37 AM

Would asking someone who has gotten 3 stars to refrain from posting on OOT again work. If they don't adhere to that rule, then you ban from them from the entire network?

TheMainEvent 12-14-2005 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would asking someone who has gotten 3 stars to refrain from posting on OOT again work. If they don't adhere to that rule, then you ban from them from the entire network?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you tell a woman with 3 black eyes?

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you tell a woman with 3 black eyes?

[/ QUOTE ]

to duck?

Dynasty 12-14-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The common misconception on 2+2 is that it was built for OOT...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not aware that anybody who matters has this misconception.

Klepton 12-14-2005 12:39 AM

when i opened this thread, i seriously hoped the first 3 posts after it was

and

i was slightly dissappointed.

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The common misconception on 2+2 is that it was built for OOT...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not aware that anybody who matters has this misconception.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok it was a bad post...

[censored] 12-14-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, 3 *'s = banned from 2+2. So basically a person with 2 *'s would be wise to either A) not be a jack ass or B) not post in OOT

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, 3 *'s = banned from 2+2. So basically a person with 2 *'s would be wise to either A) not be a jack ass or B) not post in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

Well based on the stickie at the top, Isn't it possible for someone to obtain 3 stars in a single reply/post?

Voltron87 12-14-2005 12:42 AM

I am still unhappy that I don't have a 2nd star but astro has me on "1 more strike status". So mods, i'd like the star that I've earned. anything else is just unfair and deceitful to the OOT community who sees my title.

NobodysFreak 12-14-2005 12:44 AM

looking back that's really the only response required.

Eihli 12-14-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well based on the stickie at the top, Isn't it possible for someone to obtain 3 stars in a single reply/post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying it shouldn't be possible for someone to get banned in 1 post?

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:45 AM

Guy's stop bumping this post so it can dissapear before i get a *...

razor 12-14-2005 12:46 AM

Woolygimp,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and why should we care about people that are capable of making a 3 * post?

12-14-2005 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guy's stop bumping this post so it can dissapear before i get a *...

[/ QUOTE ]

ok

MyTurn2Raise 12-14-2005 12:52 AM

it's a privately funded forum...we make an implicit agreement to abide by their rules for a chance to exchange discourse. If the site management wants the * system, I am willing to put up with it.

I think my star was kinda weak (my post was clearly directed at college students who don't care about the NSFW and it was tame NSFW at that), but am surprised I did not earn two for forgetting the NSFW tag and using OOT instead of the classifieds.

astroglide 12-14-2005 12:54 AM

bump

kipin 12-14-2005 12:57 AM

BIMP

tonypaladino 12-14-2005 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bump

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

La Brujita 12-14-2005 01:15 AM

I honestly don't understand why his opinion doesn't matter.

Being a moderator is not being the owner.

If Mason came and said what you said I would totally agree.

tonypaladino 12-14-2005 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Being a moderator is not being the owner.

If Mason came and said what you said I would totally agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look up "agent" in a business law dictionary

La Brujita 12-14-2005 01:19 AM

Tony,

I would be willing to wager a rather large amount I know more about business law than you.

Voltron87 12-14-2005 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tony,

I would be willing to wager a rather large amount I know more about anything than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

except entry level retail jobs

tonypaladino 12-14-2005 01:20 AM

Brujita,

If you're willing to make that wager then I'm sure you do.
Relax.

Tony

kipin 12-14-2005 01:20 AM

E-fight!

What's the line?

mmcd 12-14-2005 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
E-fight!

What's the line?

[/ QUOTE ]