Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Party High Stakes Winners and Losers (datamined) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394779)

Enon 12-09-2005 05:57 AM

Party High Stakes Winners and Losers (datamined)

Over past 2 months about I've been datamining the party 50/100 and 100/200 games as much as possible and I've accumulated 288k hands so far at these limits. I plan to continue datamineing these games and will report back now and then with the latest results. This database is not for sale fyi.

The only thing I ask in exchange for this service is lots of speculation and gossip about particular players level of play, identities etc. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

One more quick note, the biggest loser in the 1/2 game also happens to be the same fellow who ran sickeningly hot playing a 44/15/1.4 style in the 30/60 game for months.

http://students.washington.edu/goldman/Party50.JPG

http://students.washington.edu/goldm...ty50losers.JPG

http://students.washington.edu/goldm...100winners.JPG

http://students.washington.edu/goldm...y100losers.JPG

Derb (aka Brizganc)
http://students.washington.edu/goldman/Brizganc.JPG

psyduck 12-09-2005 06:30 AM

Re: Party High Stakes Winners and Losers (datamined)

Very interesting. Should definitely fuel some good 'friendly' discussion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mc1023 12-09-2005 07:16 AM

lol that's where Igot_2outs went... I'm not surprised at all that he's the biggest loser in the 1/2..

Paluka 12-09-2005 08:19 AM

HoltyBolty must have deep pockets

12-09-2005 08:49 AM

Interesting resulsts for kukavica.

Also notice that DERB isnt 30/15 but a healthy 25/15. He plays quite differently in his BB at 100/200 compared to 50/100 too(small sample size there though).

I also find saglums stats interesting. He should be run over with those stats imo. But I guess he is very good at using his tight image.

nichtgut 12-09-2005 09:18 AM

Hi Enon!
Any chance you could post a list sorted by BB/100?
Thanks
NG

Peter_rus 12-09-2005 09:20 AM

I'm glad i finally turned my luck at 50/100 to win around 200BB in 1 session to move out from -130BB+ downswing there, so i'm not in the list of outsiders:-)

Also i'm a bit surprised with Subservient and DrDumass results as i thought they rule.

And congrats to steveg12 and nutzinface6. You really deserved to win.

Enon 12-09-2005 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Enon!
Any chance you could post a list sorted by BB/100?
Thanks
NG

[/ QUOTE ]

So you can see a bunch of insane winners who've played only a few orbits? If I'm actually able to create a list with greater than like 5k hands or more, and then sort by BB/100 I'd be more than happy to oblige when I report back in a month or two.

DeeJ 12-09-2005 09:40 AM

I think the thing that brings reality in your face here is to see Kukavica make the top 7 for 50/100 but the bottom 2 for 100/200, played over 20k games in each.

Huh? Huh! you want to make money without variance? don't play limit hold'em [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

HiatusOver 12-09-2005 02:44 PM

And to think I pretty much convinced SteveG to start playing Internet Texas Hold em and then was the driving force in plugging his many, many, many, many, MANY leaks. Now he is the obviously the best poker player in the world. Makes me so proud

Munkster 12-09-2005 02:52 PM

Re: Subservient
That's interesting because I have him on my buddy list w/ a note saying he calls river raise w/ j high. This is during one of my 30/60 sessions with him. In fact, he appeared to be a big fish during the sessions I had with him.

f

Boris 12-09-2005 03:01 PM

I wanna be bobkozniuk

Steve Giufre 12-09-2005 03:44 PM

Yes this is true, Id probably be playing 4-8 at Hawiian Gardens right now eating bad seafood if it wernt for your expert advice. A better guy would probably send you some royalties or something. Good thing for me I'm a rotten prick and have no intention of doing so. Thanks, though.

Mempho 12-09-2005 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the thing that brings reality in your face here is to see Kukavica make the top 7 for 50/100 but the bottom 2 for 100/200, played over 20k games in each.

Huh? Huh! you want to make money without variance? don't play limit hold'em [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would certainly agree with you. Limit hold 'em has always had its share of variance but it was nearly as bad pre-boom. Now, there are very few true passive games. There is very little way to beat aggro games without running into substantial variance. I'm also noticing that fold equity is getting lower and lower in a general sense. When I originally started playing low limit poker years ago, I found the no fold 'em hold em games to be that of tremendous (a relative term to the low stakes played) ups and downs. As you moved up, however, you could find a great deal of value from rocks even though the games tightened up. Now, with the aggro games, you must make your money off the rare nuggets (fish) that show up with a major, major flaw. Other than that, you're long-term results are going to be some major swings. I'm winning, but the swings are large and the games are difficult.

elmo 12-09-2005 04:00 PM

Can you kill him for me please? He has destroyed me in the blinds.

Enon- is this Oct-Nov data?

skp 12-09-2005 04:48 PM

I used to play with a guy named Bipster in the Planet 20-40 game circa 2000. If PT was around then, his stats would have been 80/25/4.0 or somethig like that. If it's the same guy, I see that his VPIP is still about 31 but he appaers to have toned down his maniacal ways and is in fact showing a profit.

Subservient losing bucks surprises me. I held him in high regard in the 30 games when he played there. Of course, you have only tracked him for about 6K hands so his negative results don't mean squat.

Interesting stuff but in all honesty, this post belongs in the NVG forum.

Klepton 12-09-2005 04:49 PM

did anyone else think bucfan was fish?

i always regarded him as 'trying to be a tricky player, but plays too many hands preflop'

krishanleong 12-09-2005 04:54 PM

Over such a short sample, to some degree we are seeing the luckiest and unluckiest players. Can't really infer to much about skill. (Except to confirm perhaps your experience from playing with them)

Krishan

NYplayer 12-09-2005 05:09 PM

what percentage of the data over this time period do you feel you've captured? this seems quite imcompete from what i know.

poker1O1 12-09-2005 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over such a short sample, to some degree we are seeing the luckiest and unluckiest players. Can't really infer to much about skill. (Except to confirm perhaps your experience from playing with them)

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, I'm kinda surprised not to see too many people with 20K+ hands. I woulda thought that the amount of playing time and BB/100 would go hand in hand.

Enon 12-09-2005 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you kill him for me please? He has destroyed me in the blinds.

Enon- is this Oct-Nov data?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I started datamining a few days after the split (which was early Oct right?) and I took these screenshots a few days ago.

Btw, if anyone has a bunch of datamined hands around early October or prior, I'd be very interested in getting them and merging those hands into this database.

Enon 12-09-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what percentage of the data over this time period do you feel you've captured? this seems quite imcompete from what i know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've missed a few days total but for the most party I've had the tables going 24/7. Even when I've played the 50 game and those hands were imported into my personal database, I manually exported those hands and imported them into this one.

I've asked for SteveG and my brother to confirm the accuracy of the data compared to their own databases and it was pretty damn close.

cnfuzzd 12-09-2005 05:48 PM

nice work. I would be interested in seeing, if you wanted to post it, a screenshot of this data sorted by hands played. While we wouldnt be seeing the *biggest* winners and loser, we could probably have a more intelligent discussion about who is winning and who is losing in that game.

peace

john nickle

mmcd 12-09-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i always regarded him as 'trying to be a tricky player, but plays too many hands preflop'

[/ QUOTE ]

He's on my buddy list. I think he's likely either running really well now or spent several months on tilt.

skp 12-09-2005 06:21 PM

Bucfan on your buddy list? Man, you guys are tough critics...I don't recall much wrong with his game.

IndieMatty 12-09-2005 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like he's tightened up a lot in these games

andyfox 12-09-2005 06:30 PM

Rotten prick or not, congratulations. Well done. We should feel honored that you're asking for advice in the other thread. Truly.

Steve Giufre 12-09-2005 06:50 PM

Thanks a lot Andy. I hope we can meet up again soon and play some poker.

Enon 12-09-2005 07:08 PM

More data sorted by hands played

[ QUOTE ]
nice work. I would be interested in seeing, if you wanted to post it, a screenshot of this data sorted by hands played. While we wouldnt be seeing the *biggest* winners and loser, we could probably have a more intelligent discussion about who is winning and who is losing in that game.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea!

http://students.washington.edu/goldman/50tophands.JPG

http://students.washington.edu/goldman/100tophands.JPG

NYplayer 12-09-2005 07:26 PM

well, it looks like no one has over 60K hands in 2 months. i know of a few people who have played well over 60K hands in the last 2 months in those games and who have also won over 100K in the last 2 months. not showing up though so i quesiton the data.

Enon 12-09-2005 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, it looks like no one has over 60K hands in 2 months. i know of a few people who have played well over 60K hands in the last 2 months in those games and who have also won over 100K in the last 2 months. not showing up though so i quesiton the data.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, for some reason I thought I had been datamining for the past 2 months when I had only actually started at the beginning of November.

Dammit. Would be nice if anyone else out there has data from the month of October that they would be willing to share with me.

Paluka 12-09-2005 07:41 PM

Re: More data sorted by hands played

Based on how few people have really good bb/100 over a good chunk of hands, I'd say the 100/200 game doesn't look so great.

roy_miami 12-09-2005 07:54 PM

Thats impressive that drspud has won so much with a W$SD of only 49%. He must be getting a lot of bets in when he has the best of it and getting to showdown cheap when he's behind.

Enon 12-09-2005 08:11 PM

I feel pretty dumb now for posting this.

I've been informed by a few sources that the data isn't an accurate portrayal of even the the month that I've been datamining it. According to GAescapee, Kukavica is up 40k amount over about 7k hands yet is down a massive amount over 20k. I don't get it.

Nevertheless, I will continue trying to datamine this game as much as possible and may try to set up a single computer with the main fuction being datamining various high limit games online 24/7.

Are there any programmers out there willing to assist in a project like this who could create a program that manually reopens certain poker tables when they get automatically closed by PartyPoker? Does something like this already exist?

Peter_rus 12-09-2005 08:17 PM

W$SD of 49 doesn't mean you're losing player. I had have numbers below 50% up to 30/60 limit (where i start to fold more) and was a winner at all limits.

astroglide 12-09-2005 08:20 PM

it exists. it's called partymine. i agree that this post is better-suited for nvg.

newhizzle 12-09-2005 08:33 PM

i mined these games pretty much constantly for about 2 weeks or so, but you probably have more hands than i do

i have noticed that i have some very different numbers than you, at least on my stats, i just had to open a new database because my old one filled up, but if i only look at the old one, going from about 11/10(the day i started at 50/100) to 11/29(the day my database filled up), i have played about 4 thousand more hands at the 50 game than your list says i had and won a lot more than is says i did, and in my new database(since 11/30) i have about 3,000 more

i didnt play enough hands at 1/2 to show up in the other list

so a lot of these numbers are probably off, still i like the idea, hopefully you can perfect it using partymine or something in the future

joes28 12-09-2005 08:33 PM

I still thought it was interesting.

Paluka 12-09-2005 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it exists. it's called partymine. i agree that this post is better-suited for nvg.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a high stakes mod, I think this post is fine for the forum as long as long as the discussion is mostly intelligent stuff between usual high stakes posters.

Enon 12-09-2005 08:52 PM

One more quick note:

I don't want to make any money off this database but I think it would be really cool, especially with people in the giving mood this time of year, to sell the database and donate all the money to charity.

Anyone have any ideas to set up a payment service in a way that would ensure confidence that all funds went to charity and not me?

I'll think about this more later tonight and provide update later.