Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   NYC's Cartoon Network off-the-air for the holidays (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394525)

DoubleDown 12-08-2005 10:41 PM

NYC\'s Cartoon Network off-the-air for the holidays

out of business for the holidays

sure it mightve been overpriced, but it was great to have them available at your beck and call 24h a day. their gimmicks with the hamburgler and the scratch-off lottery tckt inside every package of hydroponic goodness were enjoyable. the reliability of their convenience & quality will sorely be missed ... (right up until the next guy hawkin looney toons & powerball tckts with his cali chronic steps up to cover the market)

12-08-2005 10:46 PM

Re: NYC\'s Cartoon Network off-the-air for the holidays

[ QUOTE ]
out of business for the holidays

sure it mightve been overpriced, but it was great to have them available at your beck and call 24h a day. their gimmicks with the hamburgler and the scratch-off lottery tckt inside every package of hydroponic goodness were enjoyable. the reliability of their convenience & quality will sorely be missed ... (right up until the next guy hawkin looney toons & powerball tckts with his cali chronic steps up to cover the market)

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes me sad... and is further evidence that the "drug war" is just another way to keep people unhappy.

those are true "christmas trees".

tonypaladino 12-08-2005 10:49 PM

Jeez, this is going to be a serious hit to the supply in the city.

12-08-2005 10:51 PM

if that picture is any indication, they werent even selling the good stuff... where's the resin?

looks like non bricked schwag.. althuogh it could just be not so trimmed.

tonypaladino 12-08-2005 10:52 PM

"how investigators seized "a large quantity of drug customer lists.""

Uh Oh

12-08-2005 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if that picture is any indication, they werent even selling the good stuff... where's the resin?

looks like non bricked schwag.. althuogh it could just be not so trimmed.

[/ QUOTE ]
It definatly looks better than unbricked swag, but I agree it probably wasn't trimmed or cured properly. It looked kinda moist. We get better [censored] from Canada than that(MN is out of control when it come to smuggling from Canada, I don't personally smuggle but I know thats where it comes from). What an operation. Kinda like pizza delivery on steriods.

tonypaladino 12-08-2005 11:16 PM

We generally get lowish quality [censored] here.

willie 12-08-2005 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're insane

70 miles upstate adn we have plenty of goodness

you really have that hard of a time gettin your hands on sour diesel down there?

much better ganja than i was gettin in buffalo- which was the standard bc--not bad but not the sickness.....

orange county new york has some decent ish floatin round

(but we don't have a delivery service- that crap is too freakin cool.

tonypaladino 12-08-2005 11:27 PM

Um,

I'm not gonna travel 70 mile for weed.

12-08-2005 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear that. Competition is pretty fierce around here and the market seems flooded most of the time. Those seem to be pretty good economic conditions for the consumers. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

12-08-2005 11:29 PM

yeah, thats what smuggling is for.

Everyone complains abuot how bad southern stuff is, but very recently I've had my hands on Shiva Skunk, Pot o Gold, and Hawaiian Haze ( I think it was mixed with haze) and thats some good stuff.

Frankly, Im kinda shocked that NYC isnt way up there, but I guess it could be difficult in a big city... houston is nearly as big, but much more spread out.

willie 12-08-2005 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um,

I'm not gonna travel 70 mile for weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously

i just find it really odd that better pot hasn't migrated to the mecca of the world but lies miles up the road.

12-08-2005 11:41 PM

Maybe he just doesn't know the right people. It probably can be found but the people that have it don't (smartly) have a delivery service.

bennyk 12-09-2005 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he just doesn't know the right people. It probably can be found but the people that have it don't (smartly) have a delivery service.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are countless delivery services in NYC. The better ones give you a choice of grades.

12-09-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are countless delivery services in NYC. The better ones give you a choice of grades.

[/ QUOTE ]

what, like 8th grade, hs freshman or sophomore?

nyc is such a den of iniquity

tonypaladino 12-09-2005 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's absolutely possible that I just don't know the right people.

Voltron87 12-09-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's absolutely possible that I just don't know the right people.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not a big weed smoker, but im pretty sure this is the case.

people in new york have tons of money, its a big market for everything, weed definitely included. if there wasnt fine hash being sold someone would take their minivan and make some trips. it would be worth it, market forces would work their magic.

mrkilla 12-09-2005 09:29 AM

sucks, glad my delivery guy was "out of network coverage" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-09-2005 09:31 AM

The DA is going for a life sentance for the seven or so guys that got busted. So now we pay for their meals and housing for the next 40-50 years.

mrkilla 12-09-2005 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to the wrong delivery service...

12-09-2005 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The DA is going for a life sentance for the seven or so guys that got busted. So now we pay for their meals and housing for the next 40-50 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you angry at the guys, instead of the government who wastes billions of our tax dolloars on this [censored] propaganda war?

mrkilla 12-09-2005 09:39 AM

change your number if your worried, the services only keep, first name # and address.
Also there going to be raiding about 23890239047530489257 apt if they do this so stop worrying.
On top of that what they going to do Knock on your door , Hi its the police , go any weed on you.

mrkilla 12-09-2005 09:40 AM

no we hate the goverment for this, i think his point its now stupid that these guys are in the system and were going to pay for it.
They'd be better off busting up a coke ring IMHO

ChipWrecked 12-09-2005 09:47 AM

Anybody check the pics of the other dope? Makes me nostalgic for the days of Bozo acid.

12-09-2005 09:52 AM

**crys**

Voltron87 12-09-2005 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you angry at the guys, instead of the government who wastes billions of our tax dolloars on this [censored] propaganda war?

[/ QUOTE ]

not to get this moved to politics, but the part of the government which drives this is the supposedly right wing part...

mrkilla 12-09-2005 11:00 AM

no supposidly, it is whats behind this, less we forget are buddy Bill was Fond of Blow Jobs and Bong hits
Also Regan started this crap and his Christian Collition, Say No to Drugs , The good Soon fo the VP has to continue

Stoopid republicans

ChipWrecked 12-09-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no supposidly, it is whats behind this, less we forget are buddy Bill was Fond of Blow Jobs and Bong hits
Also Regan started this crap and his Christian Collition, Say No to Drugs , The good Soon fo the VP has to continue

Stoopid republicans

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to speculate that you have no shortage of drugs.

mrkilla 12-09-2005 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

12-09-2005 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stoopid republicans

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it started in the 1900-1910's and gained significance after prohibition fell. it was started by a power-hungry treasury bureaucrat who needed to use something to scare the populous.

IndieMatty 12-09-2005 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sucks, glad my delivery guy was "out of network coverage" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

mrkilla 12-09-2005 11:53 AM

yes yes and more recently by the alchol lobbyist as well as bigger plastic vendors to stop the sale of hemp etc etc
The Point is that the current right wing administration has been more arrogant about weed then most have in the past 30 or some odd years. This as more and more Medical Laws are passed and even a "tolerance" policy in denver. As well as the studies that ...oh never mind don't be me started [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway you look at it blame republicans...:)

First NYPD busts up the poker scence her ein NY now this crap, what they going to take away next that's fun.

xadrez 12-09-2005 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally [censored] ridiculous. This makes my blood boil. Rapists and armed robbers get out on probation in less than 10 years and marijuana dealers get life.

Throwing these people in jail for life will do nothing but continue a futile battle.

RunDownHouse 12-09-2005 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm honestly curious. Say these guys get life. Then pot is legalized in 5 years. Will a judge commute (sp?) their sentence, or a governor do the same? Aside from whether or not it would be possible - although I'd still like to know that - would it be a good political manuever?

DoubleDown 12-09-2005 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First NYPD busts up the poker scence her ein NY now this crap, what they going to take away next that's fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

for real, havent they done enough?

as an aside; what everyday items do you have delivered on a regular basis?
for myself, its:
-laundry & dry cleaning
-produce & grocery
-DVD movies
-food from here nearly everyday
-EtOH

i think the grocery delivery is prob the most useful item on that list. now its time to hunt down a replacement svc for what the pigs have shut down on me. (any suggestions via PM would be appreciated)

BottlesOf 12-09-2005 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Say these guys get life. Then pot is legalized in 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is quite a parlay. What odds will you offer? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cdxx 12-09-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know the right people. is there a quality delivery service in DC/Metro? PM me

mrkilla 12-09-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm honestly curious. Say these guys get life. Then pot is legalized in 5 years. Will a judge commute (sp?) their sentence, or a governor do the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats all there guilty of then yes , but I'm sure they'll trump up some tax evasion charges or something else to keep them around.You can go look at examples or prohabition gnagsters and such

pokerlaw 12-09-2005 02:29 PM

at least there are still plenty of places. yeah, while the whole war on drugs is complete and utter bullsh*t - cartoon had been around so long that they had plenty of time to get out of the business and still be really rich.

mrkilla 12-09-2005 02:59 PM

yea pretty much the same , only thing i "pick up" is the booze at the local bar
I acutally never used cartoon, I don't know if my guys got a "cute" name. I never asked. Similar delivery methods though