Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Miguel Tejada Demands Trade (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394482)

kenberman 12-08-2005 09:11 PM

Miguel Tejada Demands Trade

Get on the horn you Red Sox!!!

12-08-2005 09:43 PM

Re: Miguel Tejada Demands Trade

Manny for Miggy

Makes sense no?

kenberman 12-08-2005 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Manny for Miggy

Makes sense no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Manny + cash + prospects, more likely

12-08-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Manny for Miggy

Makes sense no?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people consistently undervalue Manny?

The only reason the Sox would have been willing to take less than full value is because they had no choice with him asking out. With Tejada asking out that's irrelevant. If anything else goes with Manny in this deal it should be a fungible prospect.

battschr 12-08-2005 09:52 PM

All I want for Christmas is Miggy on the Cubs.

kenberman 12-08-2005 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Manny for Miggy

Makes sense no?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people consistently undervalue Manny?

The only reason the Sox would have been willing to take less than full value is because they had no choice with him asking out. With Tejada asking out that's irrelevant. If anything else goes with Manny in this deal it should be a fungible prospect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tejada is a better player than Manny, and he makes much less money

Jim Kuhn 12-08-2005 10:07 PM

Tejada at shortstop Eckstein at second base?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Jack of Arcades 12-08-2005 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tejada at shortstop Eckstein at second base?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eckstein is the better defender.

TheRover 12-08-2005 10:26 PM

Yankees should trade for him and sign Nomar. That way they can have three shortstops better than Jeter.

benza13 12-08-2005 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Manny for Miggy

Makes sense no?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Manny + cash, no prospects, but there is no way Manny would accept this trade. Plus, I don't see the Sox sending him within the AL East. Although I wouldn't mind seeing it happen, I just think its very doubtful.

cdxx 12-08-2005 10:31 PM

wtf? how was nomar ever better than jeter?

if the yankees somehow got tejada in a trade, then i see jeter in CF. if the red sox somehow got tejada for manny, i would be very very scared.

sublime 12-08-2005 10:36 PM

wtf? how was nomar ever better than jeter?

he clearly was back around 2000ish. people underestimate just how bad jeter was in the field.

cdxx 12-08-2005 10:45 PM

people forget just how bad nomar was in the field. he had a great arm, but remember when he couldn't catch a ball to his right?

Jack of Arcades 12-08-2005 10:54 PM

Nomar can't even play SS anymore.

TheRover 12-08-2005 11:03 PM

relax.

sublime 12-08-2005 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people forget just how bad nomar was in the field. he had a great arm, but remember when he couldn't catch a ball to his right?

[/ QUOTE ]

nomar was a MUCH better fielder than jeter circa 2000. as for offense:

EqA

jeter .269
nomar .283

jeter .295
nomar .299

jeter .325
nomar .322

jeter .301
nomar .327

i will use the UZR ratings from 2000-20003 to show you that a) nomar was a good fielder b) jeter was an awful one

2000-20003

nomar +4
jeter -28

i am not arguing that jeter has not been a better player over his career, and obviously jeter is worth much more right now. however, from 97-2000 nomar was clearly the better player.

technologic 12-08-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Manny for Miggy

Makes sense no?

[/ QUOTE ]

doubtful a trade takes place between two AL east rivals...

ThaSaltCracka 12-08-2005 11:20 PM

I want him wearing a compass on his hat next year.

nolanfan34 12-09-2005 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Miggy!! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

ThaSaltCracka 12-09-2005 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Miggy!! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]it would be a perfect fit for us too. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

nolanfan34 12-09-2005 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]it would be a perfect fit for us too. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't happen though, we have no one to trade, and the front office LOVES Betancourt at SS. They're convinced he's the next Vizquel.

Guess the M's shopped Meche to the O's, and they weren't interested. Maybe Reed and Pineiro though?

ThaSaltCracka 12-09-2005 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the front office LOVES Betancourt at SS. They're convinced he's the next Vizquel.

[/ QUOTE ] This makes no sense. They LOVE him because they think he is the next Vizquel?

Jim Kuhn 12-09-2005 01:03 PM

Isn't Vizquel considered to be one the best fielding shortstops since Ozzie? He also has 2300 hits for his career. In his prime I think he was way underrated and one of the top shortstops in the major leagues. He was the prototypical 80's and 90's shortstop. Good fielding, speed and base hitter.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u

Clarkmeister 12-09-2005 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't Vizquel considered to be one the best fielding shortstops since Ozzie? He also has 2300 hits for his career. In his prime I think he was way underrated and one of the top shortstops in the major leagues. He was the prototypical 80's and 90's shortstop. Good fielding, speed and base hitter.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u

[/ QUOTE ]

Vizquel ruled.

Boris 12-09-2005 01:31 PM

OMG! are you kidding me? You think Eckstein plays better defense at SS?

Jack of Arcades 12-09-2005 04:56 PM

Boris,

Eckstein's got pretty good range. People underestimate him because he lollipops all his throws to 1B.

Boris 12-09-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boris,

Eckstein's got pretty good range. People underestimate him because he lollipops all his throws to 1B.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. But I still don't see how this makes him a better defender than Tejada.

[censored] 12-09-2005 06:51 PM

it's hard for me to imagine a scenerio where Tejada is traded to another AL East team. I don't think the Redsox trade ManRam and I think Tejada stays put as well.

sublime 12-09-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's hard for me to imagine a scenerio where Tejada is traded to another AL East team. I don't think the Redsox trade ManRam and I think Tejada stays put as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

bugstud 12-09-2005 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cubs

Aceshigh7 12-10-2005 12:24 AM

Tejada sure would look good in Astros pinstripes. I wonder if Taylor Bucholz, Adam Everett, and cash would be enough to get it done.

pokerdirty 12-10-2005 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just heard on ESPN "30 at 30" that the BoSox have offered the trade.

You think Manny whines in Boston....imagine him on a sub-.500 team after being on the Red Sox these past years.

cdxx 12-10-2005 10:33 PM

does manny have a no-trade clause?

benza13 12-10-2005 11:11 PM

No no-trade clause specifically, but he's a 10-5 veteran now (10 years in the league and 5 with the same team) so that results in him having a say on any trade. So, Manny won't be going Baltimore (unfortunately, love to see Miggy on the Sox).

cdxx 12-11-2005 12:03 AM

this deal would be pretty one-sided for the sox i think.