Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   same guy won back to back $200k's on full tilt (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394458)

12-08-2005 08:34 PM

same guy won back to back $200k\'s on full tilt

it was a rumor at first, but it looks like someone from ftp's staff has confirmed it. impressive accomplishment indeed, considering 1200+ players in each.

http://pokerforums.fulltiltpoker.com...-play4065.html

ansky451 12-08-2005 10:55 PM

Re: same guy won back to back $200k\'s on full tilt

[ QUOTE ]
it was a rumor at first, but it looks like someone from ftp's staff has confirmed it. impressive accomplishment indeed, considering 1200+ players in each.

http://pokerforums.fulltiltpoker.com...-play4065.html

[/ QUOTE ]

There was already a post on this.

Besides, one time, I won back-to back- to back- to back, 5,000 person tournaments. I made like a million dollars in that stretch. Yawn.

A_PLUS 12-08-2005 11:26 PM

That does make me wonder what the greatest MTT forum hot streaks have been. I remember 2005 going on a sick tear last spring-summer, CSC just missed back to back super-wednesday final tables, I know Rizen hit a sick heater recently.

You know, besides your other-wordly million dollar rush. But we all know you got hit in the face with the deck

ansky451 12-08-2005 11:53 PM

I don't know about our hot streaks, but Dblgutshot had back to back 3rds in the Stars 500k I beleive. Or maybe it was brainwash. I can't remember.

[ QUOTE ]
But we all know you got hit in the face with the deck

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was no luck I'd win every one.

yvesaint 12-08-2005 11:54 PM

rizen is just on a constant heater, like, all the time

12-09-2005 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

ansky451 12-09-2005 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

[/ QUOTE ]

We can't both win, and I don't chop, so... one of us is lying!

Jurollo 12-09-2005 12:59 AM

Rizen's current tear has definately dwarfed Gavin's run pre-WSOP this spring, and trust me I was skeptical at first too.
~Justin

12-09-2005 01:14 AM

what's rizen's hold?

prana 12-09-2005 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, If I had won a million I'd have better things to do than dis someone for posting a hand on this site, more power to you for expecting people to post their problem hands and then hearing your [censored] comments about winning a ticket and saying their hands aren't important. I hope for your own personality that you are joking here.

whiskeytown 12-09-2005 04:24 AM

I remember the Teecoy rush - that was a hell of a run..

RB

ansky451 12-09-2005 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, If I had won a million I'd have better things to do than dis someone for posting a hand on this site

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. Wow.

Yeah, uh congrats on being the only person who thought I was being serious.

[ QUOTE ]
, more power to you for expecting people to post their problem hands and then hearing your [censored] comments about winning a ticket and saying their hands aren't important.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what all that means.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope for your own personality that you are joking here

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope for your own personality you understand silly poker forum humor, and don't flip out at someone with incoherent jibberish.

Have a nice day!

HiatusOver 12-09-2005 05:48 AM

Id be willing to bet JV's Sunday run is the best Sunday run a member of this site has ever seen

shaniac 12-09-2005 06:12 AM

I once went back to back in the $11 rebuy first place and 3rd on consecutive nights sometime in 2004. Pretty [censored] sweet.

But I agree with HiatusOver that JV's ongoing run in online MTTs dwarf's anyone else's. Can someone give me a rundown on Rizen's?

ClaytonN 12-09-2005 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I once went back to back in the $11 rebuy first place and 3rd on consecutive nights sometime in 2004. Pretty [censored] sweet.

But I agree with HiatusOver that JV's ongoing run in online MTTs dwarf's anyone else's. Can someone give me a rundown on Rizen's?

[/ QUOTE ]

imagine 2005's run last year but more victories in 109+ events and less in rebuys.

12-09-2005 06:34 AM

Didn't Rizen also have concurrent party/stars 500k FTs a few weeks back?

bugstud 12-09-2005 06:38 AM

anyone can run hot. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

zambonidrivr 12-09-2005 10:23 AM

RIGGED. He's probably a majority share holder in the company... or is banging annie duke one of the other sponsers.

A_PLUS 12-09-2005 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RIGGED. He's probably a majority share holder in the company... or is banging annie duke one of the other sponsers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Annie Duke is with UB, besides I heard Ansky is banging her

Sam T. 12-09-2005 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone can run hot. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I keep telling myself.

schwza 12-09-2005 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Annie Duke is with UB, besides I heard Ansky is banging her

[/ QUOTE ]

he'd be banging all the chicks if it weren't for luck.

Rizen 12-09-2005 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine wasn't a Sunday run, so in that sense it doesn't compete with JV's run. Contrary to what was said here I've never been in two 500k FTs at once, and in fact have never been at a FT in a 500k [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My run was basically I FTd the Party Friday Special 2 out of 3 weeks (I skipped the second week, so it was back to back for me) finishing 1st and 6th. Shortly after that I went on a run where I made 8 FTs in 10 days (and I only played 7 days in that run, trying to catch up on sleep after being up late every night and working every day) that included:

6th, 2nd, and 2nd in the Dise 60k (now 75k) rebuy.
1st in the nightly UB 100+9
4th in the Stars 45k
6th in the 200k Sat on Party
1st in the Party for Free on Sunday.
2nd in the 35k guaranteed 100+9 on Party.

That is the single best run I've ever had (and probably ever will have) that did include a total of three Sunday tournaments, but none of them any of the 'big ones'. I've really been running hot for the last 3 months or so overall.

I'm kind of proud that my run has sustained itself for 3 months and has included final tables in a variety of large tournaments and formats. I have no idea what exactly JV's run consists of, but anyone who can FT multiple of those big Sundays is on one hell of a run in my book.

-Rizen

Shameless plug for my poker blog:

http://rizenpoker.blogspot.com

woodguy 12-09-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id be willing to bet JV's Sunday run is the best Sunday run a member of this site has ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is JV record during this run?

Regards,
Woodguy

Rizen 12-09-2005 03:20 PM

Also, not to brag, but for comparison's sake in addition to that 10 day stretch I've probably had over a dozen additional FTs in the last 3 months in events with a 10k+ prize pool. That doesn't include winning my PCA trip in a DS. Outside of that insane 10 day stretch though I'd like to think that my FT rate for the last 3 months isn't TOO far off what my normal FT rate is for how many tournaments I play.

-Rizen

Shameless plug for my poker blog:

http://rizenpoker.blogspot.com