Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   a development (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393672)

Jason Strasser 12-07-2005 07:46 PM

a development

ub 100-200

FoxwoodsFiend 12-07-2005 07:50 PM

Re: a development

don't get too excited. i'm sure KKF123 is going to bleed this game dry before anybody else even gets a chance to play

AZK 12-07-2005 08:12 PM

oh man

12-07-2005 08:45 PM

jesus

green plastic ~28k asddf2000 13k

asdf2000 says "im going all in every hand from now on"

and he does for 3 hands.

finally plastic calls with 88 and wins 26k pot vs 87

hedgeyerbets 12-07-2005 08:45 PM

good god did anyone just see that?

mikeyworm 12-07-2005 08:47 PM

i swear to god when i saw that i looked into how quickly you can get lots of money into UB.

Fallen Hero 12-07-2005 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus

and he does for 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

adsf is a nice guy and a nice player too, he just felt like [censored] around [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] he does that a lot

12-07-2005 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus

and he does for 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

adsf is a nice guy and a nice player too, he just felt like [censored] around [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] he does that a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone willing to donate 13k is a nice guy in my book

BigBiceps 12-07-2005 10:10 PM

Strassa,

Did you have a set of 7s vs that set of 4s that runner runnered a flush a few minutes ago?

FoxwoodsFiend 12-07-2005 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus

and he does for 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was really ridiculous is how long it took GP to call. First the guy goes all-in for 3 hands in a row after saying he would even over the top of a GP preflop raise, and then he openraises all in? How do you not instacall w/88 there?

12-07-2005 10:15 PM

FF,

better spot argument

slickpoppa 12-07-2005 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus

and he does for 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was really ridiculous is how long it took GP to call. First the guy goes all-in for 3 hands in a row after saying he would even over the top of a GP preflop raise, and then he openraises all in? How do you not instacall w/88 there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Were there other people left to act behind him?

FoxwoodsFiend 12-07-2005 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus

and he does for 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was heads up. And as for the "better spot" argument I don't believe in blinding myself up until I get QQ+ and hoping he doesn't get bored before that.

Furthermore, Ozzy87 was about to sit down so he would have to worry about competing for the chance to get the guy's money

soah 12-07-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus

and he does for 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's entirely possible for people to plan to resume normal play... but then they happen to pick up a monster on their next hand. (I learned that one the hard way.) 88 isn't that big of a favorite over a random hand... if you figure there's a 75% chance he has a random hand, but a 25% chance that he only has 99-AA/AK, I'd imagine your +EV is gone.

ginko 12-07-2005 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus

and he does for 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was heads up. And as for the "better spot" argument I don't believe in blinding myself up until I get QQ+ and hoping he doesn't get bored before that.

Furthermore, Ozzy87 was about to sit down so he would have to worry about competing for the chance to get the guy's money

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea let's see you call 13k with 88 preflop. Its a coinflip to 9T, completely dominated by a bigger pair, and something like J2 has outs.

AZK 12-07-2005 10:33 PM

you're an idiot. It was a no brainer at the time if you were watching.

Allinlife 12-07-2005 10:34 PM

wait for better spot theory should be valid when stakes are that high

12-07-2005 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus

and he does for 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea let's see you call 13k with 88 preflop. Its a coinflip to 9T, completely dominated by a bigger pair, and something like J2 has outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a pretty easy call if you think the guy is really going in with a random hand, though Captain makes a good point.

12-07-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus

and he does for 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not advocating folding 88 there. I would call.

You asked why he took so long to call, and I gave an answer.

If Ozzy87 had not sat down at that moment, Green Plastic may have folded 88.

PassiveCaller 12-07-2005 10:46 PM

UH.. 88 is like 69% against a random hand and this was truly a random hand situation. If you can't call there then it's time to take up something besides Poker.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-07-2005 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait for better spot theory should be valid when stakes are that high

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...if you have the bankroll for a game this is absolutely untrue.

Prevaricator 12-07-2005 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a pretty easy call if you think the guy is really going in with a random hand, though Captain makes a good point.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is, asdf2000 said that if he won, he would leave.

GP only gets one shot, so if the other guy has two overcards, calling is not a big victory. So, if he has a hand that is a slight favorite vs a random hand, he should muck it in favor of a better spot. still, i agree that 88 is an instacall in that spot.

ginko 12-08-2005 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're an idiot . It was a no brainer at the time if you were watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't watching. And I wasn't saying not to call, I can just understand his hesitation.

You need to chill out. Get some pus.sy or smoke some weed.

ninjia3x 12-08-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UH.. 88 is like 69% against a random hand and this was truly a random hand situation. If you can't call there then it's time to take up something besides Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

how can you be sure that it is random?

IHateCats 12-08-2005 04:53 AM

The debate wasn't whether he should call but whether he should insta call and I don't see anything unreasonable about pausing for a few seconds when calling $13k preflop with 88. Doubtless he came to roughly the same conclusion that while not great, 88 is indeed a substantial if not prohibative favorite over a random hand which after 3 all ins this seemed likely to be.

Jason Strasser 12-08-2005 04:59 AM

No i flopped top set.

BigBiceps 12-08-2005 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No i flopped top set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was a horrible beat, but is that the normal way to play top set 3 handed out of position?

I thought that you had 77 hoping to get action from a big king, when you bet the pot out of position like you had AK and then he is only going to be able to call if he has AA, 77, 44? Or were you defending against a possible flush draw?

Would you have bet the pot here OOP with any hand even if you missed?

I am a low limit player at full ring so I don't really know the strategy in the high limit short handed. I was just watching, but I am trying to understand the logic behind your play there.

I woul have bet too in that situation in the low limit games, but I would make my normal continuation bet that is underbetting the pot as I would with any hand in that situation.

Sponger15SB 12-08-2005 01:23 PM

Does anyone think UB adding 100/200 could almost be bad for the games?

All the good 100/200 players from prima could start invading that game and the 50/100, etc.

Spladle Master 12-08-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]