Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How do i respond to a river c/r (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393138)

Sightless 12-07-2005 01:07 AM

How do i respond to a river c/r

no real reads, my 2nd orbit at the table or so.
MP Seems decent, didnt do anything out of the ordinary
His C/R at the river confused me, and I was really unsure how to respond to it.

Any advice?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="green">HERO?? </font>

numeri 12-07-2005 01:12 AM

Re: How do i respond to a river c/r

I don't know what others will say, but I don't see a lot of value in a 3-bet. We have to call a cap, but we're rarely good when we do. Seems like a fine place to just call the check/raise.

Koss 12-07-2005 01:27 AM

Very weird hand. Normally I would say just to call here but this guy bet the flop. If he had a hand he wanted to slowplay why would he bet this flop? The river doesn't change a whole lot. I just don't get his play here. I'd assume AK is good here and go ahead and 3-bet it. His play isn't consistent with any standard donk lines for better hands.

deepsquat 12-07-2005 01:33 AM

Im just calling. No idea what he could have sorry.

Kumubou 12-07-2005 01:49 AM

If that 3 really helped him, more power to him. I do not know why, but this reeks of someone trying to pull something on you. That is one hell of a brick to be pulling that stunt on. I do not think he flopped two pair and turned a cute boat, as that board is not the time to start getting tricky with strong but vurnlerable hands.

Maybe it's just me failing to avoid the trap of ME LIKE HAND ME RAISE, but I see no reason to not 3-bet here.

-K

12-07-2005 02:13 AM

I don't rule out the threat of a fullhouse.
K9/KT: he calls both preflop bets, bets flop but gets scared of the straight or better. Turn, makes the fullhouse and decides to do the delayed checkraise, hoping to trap both of you.
K3: Bets flop, but figured to slow down because of your aggression. Turn looks good, then river looks even better, decides to trap.

Seems weird for a donk to play the QJ, TT, or 99 that way though.

Stork 12-07-2005 02:44 AM

I'd 3-bet it. He could easily have a ten and think now that there are two kings out it's impossible for you to have one too.

numeri 12-07-2005 02:52 AM

For the people who want to 3-bet: do you call a cap? IMHO, if you 3-bet this, it should be with the intention of folding to a cap. Since I certainly couldn't do that, I just call the raise.

Jinx 12-07-2005 06:16 AM

Folding to a cap after you 3 bet is almost always wrong. The pot's huge and you can never rule out someone going wild with something you beat, even from usually straight foward players. That being said I just call.

Koss 12-07-2005 08:38 AM

Nothing that ever happens at Party 1/2 would make me 3-bet and fold to a cap. This guy has already played his hand very strange, and by the time he caps you'll be getting something like 17-1. This hand is going to showdown.

Koss 12-07-2005 10:01 AM

Just to clear this up, I advocate the 3-bet simply because of the limit and the site. Some of the river play I have seen at party 1/2 will leave you shaking your head wondering what is going on. It wouldn't suprise me if villain has Tx or something here. Maybe this is just me coming off of a session packed full of strange play, but I have been raised on the river by bottom pair too often to make me not 3-bet here. Until I have some sort of read that this guy isn't a tard, based on the play of this hand I'm assuming I'm ahead still and throwing in another bet. 2 orbits isn't enough IMO. So I 3-bet.

Wynton 12-07-2005 10:10 AM

I vote call, expecting either to see K10 or something much worse. And considering you're new to the table, the info you gain from seeing the sd is important.

12-07-2005 12:05 PM

I agree that on Party there is a really good chance (maybe even 40%) that villain has Kx or something bizarre. Despite that, the chance that villain has either the straight or a boat is higher than the chance that he calls/caps with something weird, so I just call.

krimson 12-07-2005 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that on Party there is a really good chance (maybe even 40%) that villain has Kx or something bizarre. Despite that, the chance that villain has either the straight or a boat is higher than the chance that he calls/caps with something weird, so I just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep but only on Party right? Because party is rigged! RIGGED!!!

Sightless 12-07-2005 12:53 PM

Just in case anyone cares here is what happened in www.rot13.com

V 3org uvz, naq ur pnyyrq zr naq ghearq bire DWb naq V jnf fghaarq nf vg jnf gur ynfg unaq V rkcrpgrq naq nsgre ybfvat 80OO zber va 1/2 V zbirq onpx .5/1 sbe n jrrx be gjb.

krimson 12-07-2005 01:19 PM

Just post results in white if your going to. I'm not at all surprised with the result. Poorly done slowplay's are pretty common at those limits.

POKhER 12-07-2005 01:56 PM

Did he have KT? Im calling this. 3betting is stupid if you base your decision on the site being played at.

Folding to a 3bet sucks also, So call.

Koss 12-07-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3betting is stupid if you base your decision on the site being played at.

[/ QUOTE ]

With no reads on an individual player, I will play hands much differently at Party 1/2 than I will at Ultimate Bet 1/2. The average player at both sites are so different that you have to make different decision based on this alone sometimes.

POKhER 12-07-2005 04:19 PM

Well i play party, so say im MP... man thats a costly error.

I'd be carefull with these "Site" assumptions. Same with guys saying "The table was loose passive". They could be playing a tag whose been card cold for the past 20 minutes(Or whilst they were busy multitabling they missed the action).