Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Should I see the flop or just let it go now (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392399)

private joker 12-06-2005 02:39 AM

Should I see the flop or just let it go now

PF 3-bettor in the hand in question is a bit over-aggro, 29/8/3.25, whereas the PF capper is unknown. But he seems a bit on the weakish/tightish/thinkingish side based both on a hand where he angrily complained about folding overpair KK on a board with heavy action because he feared a set and QQ took it down, and on this amusing NC hand, where he was the BB:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Js Ad (four of a kind, threes).
MP3 has Td Tc (four of a kind, threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 5.60 BB. MP3 wins 5.60 BB. </font>

Anyway, here's the hand in question:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero...

Nick C 12-06-2005 02:45 AM

Re: Should I see the flop or just let it go now

I guess the odds you're getting aren't so bad. But I don't like playing just for a straight. And versus two cold-callers, a 3-bettor, and a capper, I'm worried that's what I'd be doing.

So I think I'd fold.

toss 12-06-2005 02:47 AM

Seems like you'll get 9:1 at best if you're lucky. My cards are hitting the muck. Too much risk of domination too.

BWebb 12-06-2005 02:48 AM

I'm guessing BB capped as the hand history only shows a call.

Nick C 12-06-2005 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like you'll get 5:1 at best if you're lucky. My cards are hitting the muck. Too much risk of domination too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we've already invested 2 SBs, it's more like 9:1 if we're lucky.

Nick C 12-06-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the second hand.

toss 12-06-2005 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like you'll get 5:1 at best if you're lucky. My cards are hitting the muck. Too much risk of domination too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we've already invested 2 SBs, it's more like 9:1 if we're lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've no idea what you're talking about [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

*Walks away whistling.*

BWebb 12-06-2005 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the second hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! Yeah, fold.

Nick C 12-06-2005 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*Walks away whistling.*

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

private joker 12-06-2005 03:07 AM

9:1 sounds good on paper, but KQo is a payoff hand and subject to terrible reverse implied odds, right? Still, maybe I can get away from it postflop if I don't flop something great. But what if I flop something like 2 spades and a gutshot, etc... it's a tough decision, hence the post. Keep talkin'.

toss 12-06-2005 03:56 AM

The pain of playing it makes me want to fold. Now if they were sooted...

SackUp 12-06-2005 05:14 AM

Me no likely. I'm tossing preflop.

1) Chances that we are dominated is very high.
2) Getting away even if we are dominated might be damn hard.
3) KQ is a crappy multiway hand and we are oop in a 5 player pot.

Even with the huge pot I really don't think we can play this when basically just gunning for a straight.

Shillx 12-06-2005 05:28 AM

How often will you flop a doozy?

By the looks of it, you will flop either a straight/OESD/2 split/trips just about 7% of the time. All of these hands comblined figure to win $$ postflop on average, so you would need a bit over 13:1 to call here (if they broke even postflop, less if they win). Of course it depends how much $$$ you can pull with these hands postflop and how well you can manage lesser flops like gutshots and one pair hands. I don't know if a good player can call, but if you do call, you have to be very careful and not trap yourself postflop with a weak hand. Playing for the big flop might sound like a weak way to play in a huge pot, but you can ill afford to make mistakes with this kind of underlay. I guess I would fold here.