Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Video Game Forum (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388070)

utmt40 11-30-2005 01:21 AM

Video Game Forum

I would love to see a Video Game Forum. That would be Freaking Fabulous!!!!

11-30-2005 02:54 AM

I agree!!!

YES!

send_the_msg 11-30-2005 04:13 AM

Re: I agree!!!

perhaps a video games, movies and music forum. but oot hosts those subjects nicely.

utmt40 11-30-2005 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps a video games, movies and music forum. but oot hosts those subjects nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but wouldnt it be nice to have one place to go for those things?

BradleyT 11-30-2005 01:15 PM

Yes it would.

MarkL444 11-30-2005 01:30 PM

Re: Video Game Forum

too specific

AngryCola 11-30-2005 02:45 PM

No.

utmt40 11-30-2005 03:29 PM

Seriously, if they can make a bad beat forum then a video game forum wouldnt be a big deal.

AngryCola 11-30-2005 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, if they can make a bad beat forum then a video game forum wouldnt be a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

The variance forum serves a useful purpose. A video game forum would only serve to further dilute OOT. There's no need for that.

B00T 11-30-2005 04:30 PM

Anything entertainment-wise with substance, should have its own catergory seperated from OOT.

I am guessing: television shows, movies, video games, and music can have its own forum to leave OOT to the discussion of sex, products, food, advice, stories, or other random [censored].

Soul Daddy 11-30-2005 04:41 PM

Leave OOT alone.

AngryCola 11-30-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leave OOT alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It's already been diluted enough.

Boot:
[ QUOTE ]
Anything entertainment-wise with substance, should have its own catergory seperated from OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your opinion, and I strongly disagree with it. We don't need lots of little forums for each and every niche. That would defeat much of the fun of OOT. Honestly, if you really want a video game forum, there are plenty of them out there.

Soul Daddy 11-30-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your opinion, and I strongly disagree with it. We don't need lots of little forums for each and every niche. That would defeat much of the fun of OOT. Honestly, if you really want a video game forum, there are plenty of them out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Spot on. Not only would it compromise OOT, there is really no point. There really is very little content that could go in most of these little sub-forums. Most worthy thread ideas end up in OOT (minus the 74 XBox 360 threads). You'd end up getting a few new threads a day, most of them garbage and very little worthwhile content. Look at sports, a topic that is essentially 24-hour news. Sometiems that forum goes dead for hours at a time.

Vavavoom 11-30-2005 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would u please LEAVE OOT alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 03:39 AM

I don't think that it's necessary, all of those things fit in with OOT. This is a poker forum, not a general discussion forum.

Bad Beats was added because there was no other forum suitable for bad beat posts.

craig r 12-01-2005 06:19 AM

Maybe if we have a video game forum, we should have a seperate category for each game platform, including PC. I know how annoyed I would be having to hear about the Game Cube, when I really only care about PlayStation2.

I also think if we are going to take Video Games from OOT, we should also have seperate forums for "masturbation" threads and "sex" threads.

And, oh, how could I forget, a seperate forum for each drug; i.e. marijuana, coke, meth, etc...

If we did the three above things the forum would be perfect.

craig

p.s. Anybody think we need a "paper clip/staples" forum? Sometimes I don't know which to use. Like, when I filed my quarterly taxes, I was lost. But, if we had a forum for this, I would have been good to go (Okay, I am joking, I don't file quarterly taxes).

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 06:50 AM

Craig,

That's insane, paper clip/staples is way too narrow.

What we should have is a "bindings & adhesives" forum , so that it could include discussion of paper clips and staples, as well tape, glue, and other items used for holding things together.

craig r 12-01-2005 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Craig,

What we should have is a "bindings & adhesives" forum , so that it could include discussion of paper clips and staples, as well tape, glue, and other items used for holding things together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't even think of that. But, what do you mean by holding things? Like binders, trapper keepers, etc? Or did you mean boxes and the like?

Maybe we should have a suggestions forum for just you and I. I think we have a firm grasp on what is necessary and what is not. I do moderate two forums already, but this one shouldn't be too hard.

craig

B00T 12-01-2005 08:40 AM

Just for the record I meant one forum for all 4 topics combined. The last thing anyone needs is 45 catergories for everything under the sun especially stuff that doesnt pertain to poker.

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Craig,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't even think of that. But, what do you mean by holding things? Like binders, trapper keepers, etc? Or did you mean boxes and the like?

Maybe we should have a suggestions forum for just you and I. I think we have a firm grasp on what is necessary and what is not. I do moderate two forums already, but this one shouldn't be too hard.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess binders fit it, but boxes would have to be in the "storage and shipping" forum. That could be for boxes, envelopes, shelving, file cabinets, and the such.

craig r 12-01-2005 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Craig,

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess binders fit it, but boxes would have to be in the "storage and shipping" forum. That could be for boxes, envelopes, shelving, file cabinets, and the such.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. Hopefully Mat will agree. But, do you think we would need to break "storage and shipping" into seperate forums as well?

craig

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 09:30 AM

If Storage & Shipping is broken, then to be really concise it should be

1. Short Term & Temporary Storage
2. Long Term Storage
3. Domestic Shipping
4. International Shipping

craig r 12-01-2005 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Storage & Shipping is broken, then to be really concise it should be

1. Short Term & Temporary Storage
2. Long Term Storage
3. Domestic Shipping
4. International Shipping

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat and Chuck are sure going to be busy. Hopefully some of the posters in the forum will have the different rates based on different companies. But, maybe 2+2 could become a Fed-Ex affiliate or something like that.

craig

craig r 12-01-2005 10:03 AM

You know, the more I think about this, the more I realize it is just a pipe dream. There can never be enough forums for what we want. So, maybe we should leave it as it is. Well, except for maybe the "David Sklansky" forum someone mentioned in another thread. I mean, how can you not give a forum to one of the greatest poker authors and discussors of necrophilia?

Okay, and I still think we should have a section for all dating/relationship questions. I mean, if I wanted dating advice, I think 2p2 is the place to go. Who knows more about relationships than a bunch of people who are on their computers all day playing poker and discussing online strategy games?

craig

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 10:09 AM

"I mean, if I wanted dating advice, I think 2p2 is the place to go. Who knows more about relationships than a bunch of people who are on their computers all day playing poker and discussing online strategy games?"

Nice

diebitter 12-02-2005 08:42 AM

I say leave OOT alone too. Each subject has too little going on to justify it (even all 4 together would have too little).
I'm a film nut, for example, but I get the feeling if I posted to a 'film forum' here, there'd be me and maybe 5-6 other guys just chewing over the finer points, and it'd soon get boring and unused. The joy of OOT is the damn thread can go absolutely anywhere, instead of being a relatively academic place to discuss things. It's a much richer discussion (and dare I say it - learning) environment for it.

Phoenix1010 12-02-2005 05:02 PM

Video games are for nerds.

sthief09 12-02-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if we have a video game forum, we should have a seperate category for each game platform, including PC. I know how annoyed I would be having to hear about the Game Cube, when I really only care about PlayStation2.

I also think if we are going to take Video Games from OOT, we should also have seperate forums for "masturbation" threads and "sex" threads.

And, oh, how could I forget, a seperate forum for each drug; i.e. marijuana, coke, meth, etc...

If we did the three above things the forum would be perfect.

craig

p.s. Anybody think we need a "paper clip/staples" forum? Sometimes I don't know which to use. Like, when I filed my quarterly taxes, I was lost. But, if we had a forum for this, I would have been good to go (Okay, I am joking, I don't file quarterly taxes).

[/ QUOTE ]

you are dead on. we definitely, without a doubt, need a marijuana forum

craig r 12-02-2005 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Video games are for nerds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, now we could have a forum for those who think video games are for nerds and one that doesn't think they are.

craig

MelchyBeau 12-04-2005 02:10 PM

should the video game forums be broken down into game type (FPS RTS RPG etc.) or console? and if console, how far back are you going to go. I still play NES games for instance.

Melch

Isura 12-04-2005 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would u please LEAVE OOT alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JoshuaD 12-05-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am guessing: television shows, movies, video games, and music can have its own forum to leave OOT to the discussion of sex, products, food, advice, stories, or other random [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we shouldn't. This is a poker forum. It's designed for the discussion of how to play poker. Including those forums will bring in the wrong sorts of patrons, and will raise the noise level here.