Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I - Registration (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386720)

chuddo 11-28-2005 11:39 AM

MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I - Registration

<u>MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I</u>
(with no affilliation to 2+2 Publishing)

Buyin: $1,500
# of players: 32

Format:

Single Elimination 32-man tourney. The bracket will be formed after signups and will be randomly generated.

The matches will be played at UltimateBet on the .25-.50 HU No Limit tables.

Each Player will begin with 100 BBs ($50).
Each player will have 2 reloads that will be taken only when they have reached $0.
The match will be over when one player has won all 300 BBs from the other player.

Players that are matched up will be given an adequate time frame to have their match, with the results being posted and confirmed in the official thread for that round.

It is also a good idea to save the match hand histories, in the off-chance event of a dispute, and for discussion.

It will also be appreciated if prior to the match, notice is given in that rounds thread so that people have a headsup to watch the match.

The Final Four matches will have 1 more added reload, bringing the total 400 BBs.

The Championship match will add yet another, bringing the total to 500 BBs. If both players championship players agree to lower this amount to 400 or the inial 300, they may.

The losers in the Final Four will have a consolation match to decide 3rd place, which will also feature a total of 500 BBs, unless they both agree to use lower.

-------
Payots:

Total Prize Pool: $48,000
1st: 20,000
2nd: 12,000
3rd: 8,000
4th: 5,000
5th-8th 700
= $47,800

$200 will be used from the pool for trophies/awards.

Also, for each match you win, you win the other players $150.

-------

In order to register for this tourney, the entry fee must be escrowed to me. I can accept transfers on the following:
-UltimateBet
-PartyPoker
-PokerStars

If none of these options are available, I can also accept a Neteller Transfer, provided you also eat the 1.2% transfer charge.

Payouts from the tourney will be handled through the best method for the particular player.

NOTE: If you would like the initial $150 in chips transferred to you on UB for the tourney, you need to transfer a total of $1,650 when registering.

In order to register, you need to post in this thread that you are registering, and PM me with which method you are going to use.

We will work out your transfer through PM.

Once you are signed up, I will append your name to this this.

--------
One last point: This tourney is an Invitational, and therefore discretion will be used regarding who is allowed to enter.

This is being done solely to ensure that the 32 spots are filled by more regular members, and doesn't contain say 10 people with 15 posts.

If there are any openings left, then it will be more extended and open.

**** Registered Players ****
1. ...?

flawless_victory 11-28-2005 11:42 AM

Re: MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I - Registration

yall niggas prepare to go broke.

flawless_victory 11-28-2005 11:42 AM

holla.

durrrr 11-28-2005 11:43 AM

Re: MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I

in.

chuddo 11-28-2005 11:44 AM

Re: MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I

PM me to get registered.

VanVeen 11-28-2005 11:44 AM

In.

captZEEbo1 11-28-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Each player will have 2 reloads that will be taken only when they have reached $0.

[/ QUOTE ]This part of it seems crazy to me.

durrrr 11-28-2005 11:54 AM

i propose every1 sends chuddo 1505... he should get a little cheese for setting this up. Im gonna- just a thought.

(i know this $$ wont mean much to him... but just seems the right thing to do).

chuddo 11-28-2005 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]This part of it seems crazy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was because it may have gotten complicated to ensure that neither player exceeded a total of 300 BB in reloading.

turnipmonster 11-28-2005 11:59 AM

what sort of time frame are we talking here? like we'll have a week to play each match maybe, or less time?

thabadguy 11-28-2005 12:01 PM

When will these matches take place?

captZEEbo1 11-28-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is being done solely to ensure that the 32 spots are filled by more regular members, and doesn't contain say 10 people with 15 posts.

If there are any openings left, then it will be more extended and open.

[/ QUOTE ]
This part of it I have an idea: Let's say there's like 28 forum regulars and 8 people that aren't regulars but want to play. They can play a HU match for the spot into the tourny.

AceHiStation 11-28-2005 12:02 PM

I'd like to signup... but I'm out of town December 31st-January 8th... problem?

chuddo 11-28-2005 12:02 PM

the matches will take place after everyone is registered, and the brackets are set up.

there will be a thread for each round that will keep updates on how the round is going.

it is up to the two players matched up to set up a good time for them to play within a reasonable time frame.

prior to playing, a headsup should be given in that rounds thread, so that anyone can observe the match.

thabadguy 11-28-2005 12:02 PM

Define regular?
Post count&gt;500???

chuddo 11-28-2005 12:04 PM

post count really isn't really a big deal.

95% of the people are going to be auto-approved and allowed to register.

If there is someone considered a bit iffy or new, then they will be asked to be held off on registering, and then permitted to if there is room for them.

11-28-2005 12:06 PM

When are these taking place? I would love to spectate these.

Ulysses 11-28-2005 12:14 PM

1. Rather than only reload at zero, how about a simple "cannot buy in for more than $150 total" ? It's not very hard to track how much you're in for in a given game (and if you play just this table, UB will have this handy stat available for you on your account page). In an ideal world, we'd be able to buy to cover, but given the constraints we are working with, I think we should at least be able to always have a full buyin (until we reach the rebuy limit) in play. Otherwise, I think it gives an unfair advantage to the guy who wins the first couple of medium pots.

2. I'd much rather have all "known" players here who play at high stakes keep the $1500 themselves and deal w/ transfers when they lose, rather than give one person $50k to hold on trust alone. chuddo, Zeebo, flawless, ML4L, etc - (I could go on), I'm more than happy to trust that they'll transfer $1500 at the end after I take them all down. I just think that's a way more comfortable setup than having everyone send $1500 to one player. (and newer members can be required to escrow w/ chuddo to play)

holla

stoxtrader 11-28-2005 12:18 PM

I would like to improve my shorthanded NL play and this seems a very good way. If there is space, please count me in. I understand completely if I'm not included, as I rarely contribute in this forum.

durrrr 11-28-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Rather than only reload at zero, how about a simple "cannot buy in for more than $150 total" ? It's not very hard to track how much you're in for in a given game (and if you play just this table, UB will have this handy stat available for you on your account page). In an ideal world, we'd be able to buy to cover, but given the constraints we are working with, I think we should at least be able to always have a full buyin (until we reach the rebuy limit) in play. Otherwise, I think it gives an unfair advantage to the guy who wins the first couple of medium pots.

2. I'd much rather have all "known" players here who play at high stakes keep the $1500 themselves and deal w/ transfers when they lose, rather than give one person $50k to hold on trust alone. chuddo, Zeebo, flawless, ML4L, etc - (I could go on), I'm more than happy to trust that they'll transfer $1500 at the end after I take them all down. I just think that's a way more comfortable setup than having everyone send $1500 to one player. (and newer members can be required to escrow w/ chuddo to play)

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

both good points. I agree w/ the 2nd one somewhat- maybe a few people could hold 10k each (you, chuddo, zeebo, flawless). Its not that I (or anyone else entering) distrust chuddo or ne1 else... rather its just that this is all being done online- and an online reputation is worth a lot less than 48k to most people.

captZEEbo1 11-28-2005 12:21 PM

HEY NO OFFENSE CHUDDO BUT I DON'T KNOW YOU AT ALL I'M NOT SURE IF I FEEL COMFORTABLE THAT YOU'RE IN CHARGE. IF YOU GUYS WANNA ESCROW ME MONEY AND I'LL HOLD ON TO HALF OF THE PRIZE POOL THAT COULD WORK TOO. I'VE DONE TRANSFERS WITH A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT FORUM REGULARS FOR UP TO AROUND 20K OR SO (STRASSA, AZK, DURRR, THEBADGUY TO NAME A FEW)

Yeti 11-28-2005 12:21 PM

Ok, sounds good.

chuddo 11-28-2005 12:22 PM

diablo:

i agree on your 1st point, and think it will be changed to allow for rebuying at any point, as long as it does not exceed 300 BBs total (or 400 for semis and 500 for final).

the 2nd point not so much on. i am willing to run everything and make sure everything goes smoothly, but to do so i would like to have the prize pool under me as well, as it will prevent any headaches in making sure people are compensated. it would just make it easier for me. "oh you finished 8th? here is your 700". "got 2nd? here ill transfer your 12k"

stoxtrader, i am sure there will be sufficient room for you.

chuddo 11-28-2005 12:26 PM

splitting up the prize pool to be escrowed to various members would work as well.

but in the off tiny chance someone did screw someone, that would kind of leave me F'd as well. so i am not going to risk myself being attached to someone else screwing someone.

if other parties want to take over the whole thing and handle it however they wish, that is fine with me.

but i do wish to run it, but i am only going to be comfortable if only i am personally responsible.

captZEEbo1 11-28-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if other parties want to take over the whole thing and handle it however they wish, that is fine with me.

[/ QUOTE ]I'll run it and split up the holding $ with some other guys.

kurosh 11-28-2005 12:32 PM

48k is a lot of money to entrust to one person.

Ulysses 11-28-2005 12:32 PM

Chuddo,

I understand that it is easier for you that way. However, it is also the only way for you to decide to say "f this joint" and take off $50k richer. Not saying you would do that, but I've seen far more unlikely things happen over far less money.

I would be more in favor of something like all participants sending you $50 and you coordinating transfers (ML4L, send $700 to TBG and $800 to Zeebo) as rounds finish. This way, you would basically get a free buyin to the tourney, and $1500 seems to me like a nice chunk of change for organizing this. Maybe that's too much or too little, I dunno, others can comment on that, I was just throwing out a general idea.

Ulysses 11-28-2005 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but in the off tiny chance someone did screw someone, that would kind of leave me F'd as well. so i am not going to risk myself being attached to someone else screwing someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, man, be reasonable here. When TBG says "f all you guys, I am not transferring $1500 to anyone this was RIGGED MAN RIGGED" everyone gets paid 3% less. Nobody would be looking for you to make up that $1500, chuddo.

Yeti 11-28-2005 12:37 PM

$1500 for organising this? Are you kidding? The kid sits at home all day in the hot tub as it is.

Anyway, if Diablo has time he is a more suitable 'name' that people would feel happy sending money too. Or, I'm also fine with everyone keeping hold of their money until the end then Chuddo co-ordinating the transfers. This is conditional on there being no idiots in the tourney who I don't trust.

ML4L 11-28-2005 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll run it and split up the holding $

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant to say:

[ QUOTE ]
I'll run it, hold the $, and split

[/ QUOTE ]

ML4L

chuddo 11-28-2005 12:39 PM

yeah el D i understand the concerns pretty well.

i am not too interested in handling multiple x pay y and whatnot, as the headache and potential for someone getting shafted would not be worth it to me.

i would like to see this go off though, so whatever people feel most comfortable with works for me.

if zeebo and others want to take it over and split the prize pool holding amongst themselves, that is fine.

any chance of you yourself accepting all of the entrants buyin? i am sure everyone playing would definitely entrust holding and distributing at the end.

durrrr 11-28-2005 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, man, be reasonable here. When TBG says "f all you guys, I am not transferring $1500 to anyone this was RIGGED MAN RIGGED" everyone gets paid 3% less. Nobody would be looking for you to make up that $1500, chuddo.

[/ QUOTE ]

There would still be some people whom money would need to be escrowed for. I could see some random saying "why do i need to send early... etc etc and then not being allowed in".
Trusting 5 different people w/ 10k is the best way to go imo. Also i think whoever does set this up deserves some change, as more and more problems are coming up (and not a measily 160$ lik i thought of earlier... thts when i thought it would run smooth). Maybe 1550 entry like you suggested; w/ 50$ goin to whoever sets this up.

captZEEbo1 11-28-2005 12:46 PM

Everyone holding money till the end won't work. There will be no sense of urgency to play the matches if you haven't paid for the tournament yet.

durrrr 11-28-2005 12:50 PM

$$ escrowing

I think we need some1 vouching for the other peoples parts. For now; decide if you are in the tourny or not. I'll personally come up w/ a way for holding the money (i want 4 known hi stakes players, and another known hi stakes player vouching for each person's share) in the next day or two. If we do the above, then 2 known hi stakes players must jump ship and create a lot of ill will towards themselves for only 12k. I am extremely confident this will not happen. So far there are 2 well known posters who would hold $$ whom i/azk can vouch for. PM me if you can assist in this.

Ulysses 11-28-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone holding money till the end won't work. There will be no sense of urgency to play the matches if you haven't paid for the tournament yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be addressed by making a rule that if you don't play by a certain date, your $1500 gets forfeited.

citanul 11-28-2005 12:52 PM

1) i have to agree that the no rebuys til you're at 0 is not good. i don't think that someone who busts should be allowed to double rebuy to cover, but i think that not allowing a player to top off to a full buyin really does make this a lot more heads up sng-ish than desired.

2) i think that escrowing the money with several high end parties (and personally, i'd think that having all players, not just unknowns, have to escrow their buyins is fair and not exactly asking a whole lot as it takes seconds to make a transfer) is better than escrowing to 1 person or to 0 people. i think that the only way to do 0 escrows is to have this be a closed set tournament that only a few people can play, and that clearly kills a lot of the fun of it.

3) i don't know exactly what's going on with your prize idea. the original post by KKF was basically a bracket where at each step you come in with 3k. say that you chop this down to 1500, which is fine and reasonable, as is surrogate playing at lower stakes. the prize pool as you have it set up means that you have to win 2 rounds to cash, and that when you cash you don't even get a half buyin back. that's markedly different than the original proposal, where all people who win one round win money. not necessarilly horrible or anything, but yeah. with kkf's plan, a 32 player tournament would pay out like this (disregarding trophy fees):

16-9th: 1500
8th-5th: 3000
4th-3rd: 4500
2nd: 6000
1st 7500

this is clearly less exciting looking than your proposal, and less "tournament payout structure"ish, but i think that if you're going to have it be 2 rounds to get to the money, you should at least get your full buyin back when you get to the round of 8. just a thought. for instance you could make a 32 man tournament with a payout like this:

8th-5th: 2,000
4th: 5,000
3rd: 7,000
2nd: 10,000
1st: 18,000

4) i like the concept of having the last 3 matches have more bbs involved. that's cool.

5) i think that the invitational idea is cool, but that if you have a quick 64 people show up wanting to play you should consider making it a bigger tournament.

i'm sure there's other things i wanted to say in relation to replies that i've forgotten for now.

finally, i like the idea that this could be a semi-regularish kinda affair, and that this one should have a non-huge buyin as kinks are worked out of the system.

ps: if you want me to set all this stuff up, and people want to pay me $50 a head to cover an entrance, i'd do it in a heartbeat. hell, if everyone paid $50 to cover my buyin, i'd hook up the slickass trophy out of pocket.

citanul

The Truth 11-28-2005 12:52 PM

Depending on dates I am in as well.

Why don't we just get Chuddo's address and phone number. That way if he dips we can just go beat him senseless [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I got no problem with chuddo handling it though.

blake

citanul 11-28-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any chance of you yourself accepting all of the entrants buyin? i am sure everyone playing would definitely entrust holding and distributing at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

f no man. who trusts a guy who cheats at weboggle?

captZEEbo1 11-28-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be addressed by making a rule that if you don't play by a certain date, your $1500 gets forfeited.

[/ QUOTE ]Well I think some people might have a hard time paying $1500 if they didn't even play in the tournament. Just easier for everyone to wire 1500 to some people first imo

Gregg777 11-28-2005 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i propose every1 sends chuddo 1505... he should get a little cheese for setting this up. Im gonna- just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been several cases where an organizer took a small percentage and was indicted on federal charges. (Usually office pools, but same concept.)

Stay away from the percentage and he is completely legal. If you want to slip him something that's cool, but don't make it public [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]