Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Worth my tournament w/ OES+FD (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385078)

JeanieJ 11-25-2005 02:59 PM

Worth my tournament w/ OES+FD

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP3 (t100)
CO (t1340)
Button (t1580)
SB (t3420)
xo*Kisses*xo(t1580)
UTG (t1250)
UTG+1 (t1320)
MP1 (t2960)
MP2 (t1570)

Preflop: xo*Kisses*xo is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t20, MP2 calls t20,1 fold</font>, CO calls t20, 2 folds</font>, xo*Kisses*xo checks.

Flop: (t80) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
xo*Kisses*xo bets t60, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO raises to t120</font>, xo*Kisses*xo pushes (All-In).

(Edited to add +FD in title ... Happy? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img])

zambonidrivr 11-25-2005 03:01 PM

Re: Worth my tournament w/ OESFD

I like it!
NH

ansky451 11-25-2005 03:01 PM

I might repop it to 500 or so only, but this is alright I guess. Problem is you probably will only get called by 2 pr (which you are "beating") or a set.

tdarko 11-25-2005 03:03 PM

OES+FD.

now for the hand....huh? with all these outs you have and hardly any money in the pot why are you pushing? why not peel a card off and see what happens this early in the tourny? i personally (and nobody else) have ever won a MTT this early on.

stew77 11-25-2005 03:04 PM

I guess it really depends on whether your a players who likes to gamble early and try and get chips, or grind it out waiting for a hand. Personally, I think I would be able to comitt my chips here.
PS- its Stars anyways, of course youll win!

ansky451 11-25-2005 03:24 PM

Do you not realize she has the best hand against everything but a set?

schwza 11-25-2005 03:51 PM

Re: Worth my tournament w/ OES+FD

pushing is obviously very +EV vs folding, but i would rather call. i think that calling is more +EV than folding because you leave yourself in a spot where you can get money in only if you hit.

or, if you think he doesn't have much, calling here and c/r'ing a-i on a brick turn might be better, and you're still have ~1/3 to hit if you're called.

edit for clarity.

11-25-2005 04:01 PM

it looks like villain is willing to go all the way here. so go for it. a nice big reraise is good too.

JeanieJ 11-25-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it looks like villain is willing to go all the way here

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh Why? Because he mini-raised me?

tdarko 11-25-2005 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you not realize she has the best hand against everything but a set?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes. and i don't really want to push ~1500 into a little pot this early and run into a set...is that wrong?

JeanieJ 11-25-2005 04:14 PM

But if I'm ahead why wouldn't I want to run into a set?

11-25-2005 04:15 PM

Keep in mind that a bigger flush draw is also beating our hero.

tdarko 11-25-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if I'm ahead why wouldn't I want to run into a set?

[/ QUOTE ]
you are ahead of everything but a set.

i just don't want to chase everything out but monsters in this pot. i would call, hope to hit my straight card (second best would be the flush card) and then hope to get their money in on the turn.

with a bet and a raise in front of you if you hit your flush or straight on the turn i think they may do your betting for you on the turn.

JeanieJ 11-25-2005 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with a bet and a raise in front of you if you hit your flush or straight on the turn i think they may do your betting for you on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet out the flop and was miniraised. If it makes a difference to ya.

tdarko 11-25-2005 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it makes me think he doesn't have a set bc he wouldn't slowplay a set with that board, but i sure would hate to be up against a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (which you probably aren't up against). maybe a higher flush draw for the villain? if so he has overcards too...i still like a call here.

11-25-2005 05:47 PM

I think calling is better here because stacks are deep enough to peel one here.

Annulus 11-25-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these type of hands can be played a bazillion ways. The bottom line is that you are not scared to race, push, call a push,mini-raise a mini-raiser, etc.... but folding is the only real mistake you could make on this flop. Like its been stated you are PROJECTED to win this hand even tho you are almost certainly behind at this point.

tdarko 11-25-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but folding is the only real mistake you could make on this flop

[/ QUOTE ]
i think the only way anyone folds this to a minraise is if they choked on what they were eating and in their last breath of life couldn't hit the "call" button.

schwza 11-25-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it makes me think he doesn't have a set bc he wouldn't slowplay a set with that board, but i sure would hate to be up against a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (which you probably aren't up against). maybe a higher flush draw for the villain? if so he has overcards too...i still like a call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't pokerstoved it, but you have 12 outs against a bigger flush draw (6 pair + 6 oesd), so you're not it terrible shape by any means.

11-25-2005 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these type of hands can be played a bazillion ways. The bottom line is that you are not scared to race, push, call a push,mini-raise a mini-raiser, etc.... but folding is the only real mistake you could make on this flop. Like its been stated you are PROJECTED to win this hand even tho you are almost certainly behind at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that basically any play we make here is +EV. However, there's a very big difference between the different plays and I imagine some are worth way more than others. Just because we're not folding doesn't mean this is an important hand.

face41 11-25-2005 10:47 PM

seriosly

raising &gt; folding

= FOLD EQUITY