Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Full TIlt Poker Invitational (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384451)

primetime32 11-24-2005 03:48 AM

Full TIlt Poker Invitational

Aside from the players involved and the fact that is on live on thanksgiving day, does anyone have any information on the tournament structure?

Bluff Daddy 11-24-2005 04:34 AM

Re: Full TIlt Poker Invitational

I dont know but I just saw a commercial for it saying it was at 6pm but on my cable it shows it comes on from 11am-3??

11-24-2005 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know but I just saw a commercial for it saying it was at 6pm but on my cable it shows it comes on from 11am-3??

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 11pm-3am. You'll be getting the taped version. It airs live from 6pm-10pm. However, some FOX stations are showing basketball during that timeframe.

lonn19 11-24-2005 11:58 AM

I think the Full Tilt poker thats on 11-3 might be the tourney in Vegas that was held during the world series. The live one is at 6 which is the Monte Carlo Millions.

Kevmath 11-24-2005 12:40 PM

Monte Carlo Millions will be airing on FSN next year. The show on tonight is LIVE from Monaco. Since it's a 4 hour show, expect the usual fast structure (30 min levels). Also, expect them to really hurry it up if there's no conclusion by 10pm, like what happened at the FTP tournament at the Wynn.

11-24-2005 01:24 PM

I read that the players will have heart monitors attached so we can check out their heart rate during the game.

cold_cash 11-24-2005 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Monte Carlo Millions will be airing on FSN next year. The show on tonight is LIVE from Monaco. Since it's a 4 hour show, expect the usual fast structure (30 min levels). Also, expect them to really hurry it up if there's no conclusion by 10pm, like what happened at the FTP tournament at the Wynn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What time does the live one from Monaco start? Is it on FSN? At 3:00 pacific time my guide says women's basketball.

Kevmath 11-24-2005 04:08 PM

It is on FSN at 6pm ET, however your local FSN may pre-empt it for other programming. Fortunately FSN NY doesn't much other progamming.

TheBob 11-24-2005 04:51 PM

Does anyone know if this is on in Canada?

ConsciousOne 11-24-2005 04:59 PM

My guide doesnt have it coming on till 10 either. Does anyone know if there is a website that will air it live or something?

Iconoclastic 11-24-2005 05:34 PM

This was taped and already been broadcasted months ago. I don't know why they say this is live. I've seen this show already, meaning that this airing is a re-run. It was the same players, same results. They are airing every single hand without editing so I guess this is 'live' in a sense, but it was not taped today or a few days ago.

Kevmath 11-24-2005 05:41 PM

Go to http://msn.foxsports.com/tv/schedule and you should see something that mentions the FTP.net Invitational from Monaco like I did.

primetime32 11-24-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was taped and already been broadcasted months ago. I don't know why they say this is live. I've seen this show already, meaning that this airing is a re-run. It was the same players, same results. They are airing every single hand without editing so I guess this is 'live' in a sense, but it was not taped today or a few days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, its live and there are offshore books taking action on the event. You want to tell me who wins so i can make 20,000 please let us know.

11-24-2005 06:46 PM

I guess it depends on your provider. Here (SoCal, Adelphia cable) they are airing it at 7:30pm Pacific and rerunning at midnight.

Kyo Souma II 11-24-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's another event. You could have checked the FTP site to be sure. The players aren't the same, nor is the number of players.. Didn't clonie win the first one?

-kyo

ClaytonN 11-24-2005 07:07 PM

In Atlanta they are running a women's basketball game (#10 team against Gonzaga) over this. Utterly ridiculous.

I hope they air it later at some point.

Kevmath 11-24-2005 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Atlanta they are running a women's basketball game (#10 team against Gonzaga) over this. Utterly ridiculous.

I hope they air it later at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

11 pm tonight on FSN South, in the meantime enjoy your women's college basketball doubleheader. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ClaytonN 11-24-2005 07:18 PM

So it's going to be a live airing on delay at 11 pm?

Just clarifying

ty in advance btw Kev

Kevmath 11-24-2005 07:20 PM

It should be the entire 4 hour program that's running live now (assuming they don't pre-empt if the other programming runs late). In NY, it airs again at 1am ET.

ClaytonN 11-24-2005 07:23 PM

tyty [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

SoftcoreRevolt 11-24-2005 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's another event. You could have checked the FTP site to be sure. The players aren't the same, nor is the number of players.. Didn't clonie win the first one?

-kyo

[/ QUOTE ]

Kristy Gazes won the first one.

Iconoclastic 11-24-2005 07:36 PM

whoops. wrong event. too much fulltilt

11-24-2005 07:56 PM

It'd be a lot cooler if they managed to squeeze more than two hands between commercials.

MeanGreenTT 11-24-2005 08:00 PM

Taping it via DVR right now, it's being aired on FSN in Tampa [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The ONLY way to watch poker events is DVR, WAY too many commercials!

Vuron00 11-24-2005 08:04 PM

I love how they can show the cards as soon as they're dealt. I wonder how they implanted the microchips in the cards.

It seems like a pretty good show so far. I'm not sure how the general viewing public would like it, but it seems pretty good for the hardcore crowd.

pokerbo 11-24-2005 08:08 PM

Is there any sites that show live updates for this event, as I'm in europe I cannot see this live..

Does anyone know who has the chip lead and do you think Ivey can win two in a row?

byronkincaid 11-24-2005 08:13 PM

if you're in england it's live on sky sports 1. Roy the Boy just said Juanda's AJ raise pre flop then check check fold against Hanson's KQ? was embarresing.

Kevmath 11-24-2005 08:14 PM

Ulliott's been in front from the start. I haven't been watching too closely but he's certainly been the aggressor so far.

Pedigree 11-24-2005 08:14 PM

I'm so pissed off right now. If it was Maryland-Gonzaga men's basketball I'd understand. But this? *is disgusted*

pokerbo 11-24-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're in england it's live on sky sports 1. Roy the Boy just said Juanda's AJ raise pre flop then check check fold against Hanson's KQ? was embarresing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just put sky 1 on but nothing are you sure its not on another channel

pokerbo 11-24-2005 08:20 PM

Please live update me here,

1) anyone knocked out yet
2) who's got the chip lead
3) is ivey gonna win

byronkincaid 11-24-2005 08:20 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i edited to say sky sports 1

11-24-2005 08:21 PM

Live on Sky Sports 1 in the UK.

What is it with Dave Ulliott the outsider?!?!

Lederer knows what he is talking about, get the other guy out of the booth lol.

Kevmath 11-24-2005 08:21 PM

Still 7 left, which could be a problem later on.
Ulliott's chip leader
Chances Ivey win, maybe not as good as earlier.

SoftcoreRevolt 11-24-2005 08:38 PM

Lederer and Negreanu heads up should be interested, will they have time in the broadcast though?

Kevmath 11-24-2005 08:43 PM

Are they showing that at the conclusion of this show? Because that was something that took place at the Wynn during that FTP.net event.

Kevmath 11-24-2005 08:49 PM

Ulliott 292k
Ivey 180k
Matusow short stack at 57k

Edit: Matusow first out in 7th

11-24-2005 09:18 PM

Ulliot has been stealing the blinds and antes so far, not much action from any of the other guys. Matusow went all in with 6 7 low stacked, got called by Ferguson in the BB with A8, and Matusow was eliminated.

bolgenmod 11-24-2005 09:32 PM

Jesus knocks off Hellmuth!! Devilfish says "We'll never see that scarf again." A reference to a white silk scarf worn by Hellmuth -- all players in suits due to dress code.

SoftcoreRevolt 11-24-2005 09:33 PM

Ferguson is such a donkey calling me with Ace Five!

I am further convinced Hellmuth is a huge gimmick account.