Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What's your win percentage with AA? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383389)

FreakDaddy 11-22-2005 03:06 PM

What\'s your win percentage with AA?

Just curious. I know the basic stats of how much it's favored, but I'm still curious.

4_2_it 11-22-2005 03:10 PM

Re: What\'s your win percentage with AA?

Don't have PT on this computer, but last I recall it is around 85%.

beavens 11-22-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't have PT on this computer, but last I recall it is around 85%.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe mine is 90 something, but im sure my sample size is worthless for even thinking it's close to the actual long-run winrate.

FreakDaddy 11-22-2005 03:15 PM

Yeah that's pretty high. Mine is down to 81.8%. I've been having an amazingly bad run with AA the last couple of months. It used to stay pretty solid around 87-88%.

What is your PFR%?

beavens 11-22-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's pretty high. Mine is down to 81.8%. I've been having an amazingly bad run with AA the last couple of months. It used to stay pretty solid around 87-88%.

What is your PFR%?

[/ QUOTE ]

at work, so i dont have my PT stats handy =\

sorry!

11-22-2005 03:20 PM

89.36 over 100k hands

4_2_it 11-22-2005 03:20 PM

You do realize that AA should be your most profitable hand by far, right?

Winning % is a nice indicator, but even if you win 90% of time you could still only show a small profit by never stacking anyone and always getting stacked when you lose.

BobboFitos 11-22-2005 03:22 PM

ACES NEVER LOSE

soko 11-22-2005 03:22 PM

I had been blessed recently out of 32 AA's i've only lost 1 time

Kyriefurro 11-22-2005 03:41 PM

85% over a bit more than 150k hands.

beavens 11-22-2005 03:45 PM

**off topic**

do you guys have one db with 100+K hands?

do they cause slowdowns within PT?

because i remeber something about Access having issues when the dbs reach a certain size.

Kyriefurro 11-22-2005 03:50 PM

Depends on what I'm trying to do. I think I've got almost 200k hands in my db now. If I try to get data that covers the entire time, then it can take a few minutes to load all the data, especially if I'm on my laptop. However if I'm just looking at data from yesterday, or last week, it still runs pretty fast.

That being said, I just converted all my data to PostgreSQL. It has significantly increased the database's speed.

4_2_it 11-22-2005 04:00 PM

Convert to SQL. Much faster.

beavens 11-22-2005 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so PT can handle this - how would i got about converting?

4_2_it 11-22-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so PT can handle this - how would i got about converting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to the PT Forums. The instructions are there. However, if you know what you are doing, one of the pull down menus has a convert database option (or something like that). Pat at PT will help if you struggle.

Kyriefurro 11-22-2005 04:24 PM

Check the PokerTracker forums. There's a thread there with complete instructions on how to do it. It was pretty straight forward. Took me about 10 minutes to set everything up (and then 2 hours for the database to run the conversion [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

beavens 11-22-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the PokerTracker forums. There's a thread there with complete instructions on how to do it. It was pretty straight forward. Took me about 10 minutes to set everything up (and then 2 hours for the database to run the conversion [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome - thanks to the both of you!

my db is pretty small, so it shouldnt take too awfully long.

do you have to keep doing the conversions - or will it automatically do it afterwards?

4_2_it 11-22-2005 04:42 PM

You are good to go afterward. No need to do anything else. Just make sure that your PA HUD is set to grab stats from your 'new' SQL database (it should appear as an options under preferences).

Komodo 11-22-2005 04:45 PM

Doesnt your winning percentage depend on how much you raise with it? The more you raise, the less likely you are to lose with it. The more limping and slowplaying the less pots won.
Also a bad player migth win more pots with it since he/she rarely lets them go even when far behind.

beavens 11-22-2005 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are good to go afterward. No need to do anything else. Just make sure that your PA HUD is set to grab stats from your 'new' SQL database (it should appear as an options under preferences).

[/ QUOTE ]

much appreciated!

Kyriefurro 11-22-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You also need to make sure your auto import options point to the new database. I didn't do that and for the first two days, everything was going to the old DB.

And before you ask...the fix was pretty simple. Just exported all those hands to text files, and reimported them in the right DB.