Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Another reason not to play UB......Aruba boycott (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381479)

rusty JEDI 11-19-2005 09:41 AM

Another reason not to play UB......Aruba boycott

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/08/aruba.boycott.ap/

Im sure those of us from North America are very familiar with the story of Natalee Holloway. The governor of Alabama has recently called on all other states to join their boycott on travel to Aruba.

Perhaps its too late for UB to pull out of this year, but they should try to have their WPT event held elsewhere.

Send UB an email and let them know what you think.

rJ

B1GF1SHY 11-19-2005 09:44 AM

Re: Another reason not to play UB......Aruba boycott

This is dumb. Boycott Aruba? Hahah [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sniper 11-19-2005 09:51 AM

rJ... what exactly would you like Aruba to do about the NH situation???

Should we boycott every country where someone gets killed?

It happens that I was in Aruba, shortly after her disappearance, and can bear witness to everything that was being done at the time. Yes, seeing the grieving family, was difficult, and you certainly can feel their pain.

But, there is nothing that will bring her back!!!

primetime32 11-19-2005 09:56 AM

who gives a crap? So some blonde girl got killed and the murderer's aren't found. that NEVER happens in any other country.

If you have ever been to aruba (and i am guessing you haven't) you would realize that the people of aruba are by far the nicest people you will ever find on a vacation. It is considered the safest travel destination in that region. VIolence against tourists is non-existent.

I am sure if she was fat and ugly you would still want to boycott aruba?

kurosh 11-19-2005 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who gives a crap? So some blonde girl got killed and the murderer's aren't found. that NEVER happens in any other country.

If you have ever been to aruba (and i am guessing you haven't) you would realize that the people of aruba are by far the nicest people you will ever find on a vacation. It is considered the safest travel destination in that region. VIolence against tourists is non-existent.

I am sure if she was black and poor you would still want to boycott aruba?

[/ QUOTE ]

rusty JEDI 11-19-2005 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rJ... what exactly would you like Aruba to do about the NH situation???

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that the Aruban government was getting in the way and not doing what they said they would. I saw the ban news and figured i'd pass it on. If its not an issue to you then no need to pass on your feelings to UB. If it is an issue to you then do so.

rJ

Mason Hellmuth 11-19-2005 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The governor of Alabama has recently called on all other states to join their boycott on travel to Aruba

[/ QUOTE ]
Alabama.

Sniper 11-19-2005 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that the Aruban government was getting in the way and not doing what they said they would.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time, Aruba closed down the workings of their government and enlisted ALL their employees to walk the island in search of her.

Its an unsolved case... there are many of them around the world.

Aruba is one of the safest places to vacation!!

It's still not clear what more you expect from Aruba??

Rednax 11-19-2005 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The governor of Alabama has recently called on all other states to join their boycott on travel to Aruba

[/ QUOTE ]
Alabama.

[/ QUOTE ]
Funniest line ever. Anywhere.

Overdrive 11-19-2005 11:59 AM

So, another rich white girl gets drunk off her ass, and then goes home with strangers she met at a bar and we are supposed to care about this. She sounds like just another ho, and she could of gotten killed anywhere, including Alabama.

You can bet your ass if a black girl goes to Aruba and gets killed the media, and the gov. of Alabma aren't going to give a rats ass or say a word about it.

MicroBob 11-19-2005 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it is an issue to you then do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's about as much of an issue to me as it is to you and I don't think UB should pull out of Aruba.

10 or so years ago there was some serial-killer guy in Florida who was preying on foreign-tourists.
The local police weren't getting far in doing something about it.
Some of the European and Asian countries were issuing travel-warnings to Florida.

There are some Americans who seem to think that NH is the only person who has been ever been killed in a foreign country.

Also FWIW - this little boycot plan of the Holloways isn't exactly recently news.

PartySNGer 11-19-2005 02:22 PM

Not sure why people are changing it to a black and poor girl. Even if it's an ugly white chick the attention would be a fraction of what it is b/c she's a hot blond.

WhoIam 11-19-2005 02:44 PM

I just did some research and found out that UB allows residents from Colorado to play, even though they never found Jean Benet Ramsey's killer. I hope everyone will join in on the boycott of both of these evil institutions.

Photoc 11-19-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Alabama.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not get out much.

Pokeraddict 11-19-2005 03:03 PM

This reminds me of a shirt from Tshirt Hell.......

11-19-2005 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are some Americans who seem to think that NH is the only person who has been ever been killed in a foreign country.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was so hot, though. Plus her mom is kindof a MILF.

Edit: Lest anyone think I'm racist, I would also be concerned if a hot black girl was killed in Aruba.

Keith Fellmy 11-19-2005 03:12 PM

I started my boycott along time before the Aruba case. Started about 9/11. Americans outside of the USA should be required to wear a target on their shirt...since that is what they are. I ventured outside the USA twice and that is it for me. Went bass fishing to Lake Guererro Mexico and then to the Orinoco River for some peacock bass fishing. Not leaving the USA ever again. If I want to do some peacock bass fishing now all I have to do is drive across the state, go south for 40 miles and pick a canal.

primetime32 11-19-2005 03:17 PM

someone's just a little paranoid.

B1GF1SHY 11-19-2005 03:27 PM

That's what the American government wants. Watch out everyone, ORANGE ALERT!!!!

cardcounter0 11-19-2005 03:32 PM

I vote the people of Alabama stay in friggin' Alabama.

Greg J 11-19-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can bet your ass if a black girl goes to Aruba and gets killed the media, and the gov. of Alabma aren't going to give a rats ass or say a word about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn right.

Greg J 11-19-2005 03:55 PM

Hey, I'm all for the principle of this, but please remember that SOME people in Alabama are not inbred idiots. I say this as a Mississippi boy that grew up yearning to get the f out of my little sh*tass state full of uneducated morons and inbred hicks. There are a lot of stranded blue staters stuck in hell -- don't consign us all to eternity in hell please! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

11-19-2005 04:00 PM

I think all cardcounter is trying to say is that we should build a lead fence around The South and then drop a nucular bomb in 'der. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jurollo 11-19-2005 04:15 PM

terminated... you are a moron, and on my block list. The issue in the NH case isn't exactly all about Aruba, getting drunk as a young, attractive girl and leaving a bar with strange men isn't exactly safe. The CDC just came out with a list of High Risk activities and sure enough about 5 factors of this case were included.
~Justin

MicroBob 11-19-2005 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ventured outside the USA twice and that is it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the rest of the world is just as happy that you're staying put...but attitudes like this really bother me.
It's a big world out there full of people, traditions and cultures that are oft-times extremely interesting.

There are many Americans who don't think they should broaden their horizons beyond their own country because all 'dem damn foreigners are so....umm....foreign, and they all hate Americans anyway.
Most do not hate Americans in my experience. They might tend to hate people who act like obnoxious American whiners...but in that I have something in common.

11-19-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
terminated... you are a moron, and on my block list. The issue in the NH case isn't exactly all about Aruba, getting drunk as a young, attractive girl and leaving a bar with strange men isn't exactly safe. The CDC just came out with a list of High Risk activities and sure enough about 5 factors of this case were included.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. So the CDC -- the Center for Disease Control -- came out with a list of High Risk activities that might get you abducted? Are you sure you got your facts right there, sparky? You might want to check yourself before you mess yourself.

By the way, is it OK for moderators to refer to other posters as "morons?" Way to lead the way. Additionally, if I am on your block list, how do you see my posts and why are you responding to me?

11-19-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I ventured outside the USA twice and that is it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the rest of the world is just as happy that you're staying put...

[/ QUOTE ]

OH SNAP!

[ QUOTE ]
... but attitudes like this really bother me.
It's a big world out there full of people, traditions and cultures that are oft-times extremely interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what Micro is trying to say is that he likes hittin' that foreign strange.

11-19-2005 07:54 PM

Is this a serious post?

Does anyone really think that a country should be boycotted due to an unsolved murder? How many unsolved murders are there in the US?

11-19-2005 08:52 PM

Yeah, you're right. I'm going to boycott the USA.

Oh, wait. I'm in the USA. Maybe I'll move to Aruba.

Brice 11-19-2005 08:56 PM

I am not in favor of a boycott or anything of the sort. But many are not looking at the real reason behind this. Yes, she was killed. It is more along the lines of her killers not being brought to justice. It is pretty obvious that Dutch boy did. But since he has a famous father, he will get away with it. I thin that is the reason they are calling for the boycott.

Also, some of you are the most close-mined people I have ever seen. There are some insane comments about the state of Alabama. People need to grow up.

tonypaladino 11-19-2005 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, is it OK for moderators to refer to other posters as "morons?" Way to lead the way. Additionally, if I am on your block list, how do you see my posts and why are you responding to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

This bugs me. Why do some posters think the mods are not allowed to post their opinions? They all started out as posters like us, contributing to the conversations. And you are a moron.

tonypaladino 11-19-2005 09:28 PM

The girl got drunk and went with strangers, end of story. There was nothing the Aruba government or any other government could have done about it.

Jimbo 11-19-2005 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, some of you are the most close-mined people I have ever seen. There are some insane comments about the state of Alabama. People need to grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being born in Alabama or Mississippi doesn't make you a moron however either staying there or moving there willingly as an adult might.

MicroBob 11-19-2005 09:32 PM

The comments about Alabama aren't that insane. That's mostly in fun (but also kinda serious).

If you like...we could switch 'Alabama' with 'Southaven' (I used to live in Southaven...so at least I speak from experience. Have since moved 15 minutes north to Memphis...which is an improvement in some ways, and not in others).

I think any large country has their 'Alabama' or 'West Virginia to make fun of.
Overheard some Australian guys talking about Tasmania and they were basically saying that it's kind of the Aussie version of West Virginia in punch-lines of jokes and what-not.

Mason Hellmuth 11-19-2005 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Alabama.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You must not get out much.

[/ QUOTE ]
You must not have been to Alabama.

jman220 11-19-2005 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not in favor of a boycott or anything of the sort. But many are not looking at the real reason behind this. Yes, she was killed. It is more along the lines of her killers not being brought to justice. It is pretty obvious that Dutch boy did. But since he has a famous father, he will get away with it. I thin that is the reason they are calling for the boycott.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. We should totally boycott California. They let OJ off just because he was famous.

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos 11-19-2005 11:08 PM

Boycott Aruba! But don't boycott Detroit.

Because without a boycott, the Superbowl will go on in that oasis of safety and lawfulness, Detroit. A true gem of the Midwest.

Webster 11-20-2005 12:56 AM

Boycotting Aruba is just stupid - that has tio be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. My god people get your head out of the sand and get a life.

Honestly - boycotting Aruba LOL. It's insulting to a normal person intellengence

Mike Haven 11-20-2005 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's insulting to a normal person intellengence

[/ QUOTE ]

11-20-2005 01:38 AM

lol