Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   two kings (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381145)

bicyclekick 11-18-2005 05:30 PM

two kings

400 6max nl. Both have about 400.

The hand before this hand, the villain minraised a limper preflop with JsTc I call in the bb, flop 842 with 2 spades he checked behind, turn Qs I bet 35 into the 25 pot he called and river was another 2 and it went check check.

He raises to 20 this time, I call in the sb with KsKh, bb folds.

Flop QJT with 2 diamonds, i check, pot size is like 45 he bets 125.

I...?

Malachii 11-18-2005 05:46 PM

Re: two kings

This is an awful flop for kings. This is not a hand to go broke with. I would fold. Why no reraise preflop?

11-18-2005 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an awful flop for kings. This is not a hand to go broke with. I would fold. Why no reraise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ] How is this an awful flop??? Seriously, I would like to hear some resoning.

Overpair and OESD??? I cry tears of joy and push. I'm not the best player in the world, so if Im wrong, why?

I do agree with raising pf though.

aces_dad 11-18-2005 07:01 PM

Because it's very likely to have hit the PFR. You could be nearly dead to AK, behind 2 pair or a set and not having a Kd also doesn't take away one flush card.

Aloysius 11-18-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because it's very likely to have hit the PFR. You could be nearly dead to AK, behind 2 pair or a set and not having a Kd also doesn't take away one flush card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you lead the flop?

I also don't understand no re-raise preflop.

2x pot bet strange - has he done this before? AQ?

MTBlue 11-18-2005 07:03 PM

Ick folding and pushing are both legitate options. He probably has two pair and you've got solid pot equity. On the other hand if he has a straight you're in bad shape. Flip a coin.

bobbyi 11-18-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] How is this an awful flop??? Seriously, I would like to hear some resoning.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the guy's most likely hand is AK which leaves you drawing to three outs to a chop plus a remote runner runner boat.

bobbyi 11-18-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
behind 2 pair or a set

[/ QUOTE ]
We're actually even money against two pair.

BK_ 11-18-2005 07:15 PM

the question is how best to get your money in vs his very likely draw/worse pair. the stack sizes make a push a bit uncomfortable, but it cant be terribly wrong. i may even go with the min raise here with the intention of getting the rest on the turn.

bobbyi 11-18-2005 07:16 PM

I agree that calling on this flop seems bad. The problem is that if we're behind, all of our outs (set or straight) put a four straight on board so it's pretty hard to get paid off. If we just call, I don't see how we expect to make any more money. But I suck at no limit.

DavidC 11-18-2005 07:24 PM

Were you going for a river checkraise in the first hand?

I push here, but I play nlhe $25 on the x-skins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bicyclekick 11-18-2005 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you going for a river checkraise in the first hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. The board is 852Q2 with 3 spades. I only have 85. Any queen now beats me if I raise what am I hoping he pays me off with that he checked the flop with that I beat. No hands.

DavidC 11-18-2005 07:28 PM

Ah.. I didn't see the river pairing and didn't see the turn being a spade. Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Okay then.

Now for a question, why did you overbet the pot on the turn?

Edit: Because he's calling too much, right? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

AllIn3High 11-18-2005 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. It's imperative that you re-raise preflop here since you're OOP, do NOT get tricky with big hands OOP in NL - it's a recipe for disaster. If he folds preflop - so be it, rather than than get stacked. The situation would have to be almost perfect to get extra value from kings by trapping OOP.

BK_ 11-18-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because the guy's most likely hand is AK which leaves you drawing to three outs to a chop plus a remote runner runner boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

you sir are crazy. AK is not even on my radar, much less the most probable hand. its far more liley he flopped top pair decent kicker, has an underpair, or has complete air. sure the board looks semi nasty, but you cant ignore bet sizes at these stakes when hand reading

Wayfare 11-18-2005 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you sir are crazy. AK is not even on my radar, much less the most probable hand. its far more liley he flopped top pair decent kicker, has an underpair, or has complete air. sure the board looks semi nasty, but you cant ignore bet sizes at these stakes when hand reading

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone really think he would bet 3x pot with the pure nuts against an opponent who has shown zero strength?

Maybe, but he has my stack if he can look into the computer and see I have KK and will pay it off.

whitelime 11-19-2005 02:11 AM

All-In

TheWorstPlayer 11-19-2005 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All-In

[/ QUOTE ]

savman 11-19-2005 01:47 PM

moves all in. u are almost always ahead here assuming prior hand is indicative of villains skill level. my default interpretation of this donk bet is something like a weak pair plus draw or air. he likely wants u to fold or has something like 99 or A X diamonds and thinks he is playing correctly CALLING an all in.

Skuzzy 11-19-2005 01:59 PM

At 400NL on 100BB stacks this is most often a shut out bet or heavy handed semi bluff. I would fold with AA here but I will push KK. Actually, I think I push my AA here too given the outs I have against two pair, the possibility he has a draw, the possibility, given his bet I have the best hand.