Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   YES! I ran the [censored] out of a red light and got busted cold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380745)

bad beetz 11-18-2005 01:13 AM

YES! I ran the [censored] out of a red light and got busted cold

I'm running real real good when it comes to moving violations.

Tonight I ran a red light, and it was solid red 20 feet before entry. Then a flash went off 3 times. My brain slowly realized that I'd just been [censored] by big brother, and I'll get some mail shortly.

Anyone know if this is just a fine or traffic school?

Fine I could give a half a [censored] about

Traffic school will make me go back there and do things to that camera. Nasty things.

Edge34 11-18-2005 01:19 AM

Re: YES! I ran the [censored] out of a red light and got busted cold

[ QUOTE ]

Traffic school will make me go back there and do things to that camera. Nasty things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope you do this, if only for the surefire gold that will be the following trip report. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Boris 11-18-2005 01:22 AM

i'm gonna kick your ass the next time I see you.

bad beetz 11-18-2005 01:25 AM

?

?

Joking right? I think you're my favorite person I've met on 2+2

Boris 11-18-2005 01:29 AM

Re: ?

c'mon man. I couldn't do that. 18 y.o chicks around the world would be popping vicodin and wine coolers if I messed up that pretty face of yours.

handsome 11-18-2005 01:30 AM

Idiot.

astroglide 11-18-2005 01:45 AM

i agree with the installation of red light cameras, but i think speeding cameras are [censored]

Thythe 11-18-2005 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with the installation of red light cameras, but i think speeding cameras are [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. speeding cameras violate nearly every principle i have.

JonPKibble 11-18-2005 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tonight I ran a red light, and it was solid red 20 feet before entry. Then a flash went off 3 times. My brain slowly realized that I'd just been [censored] by big brother, and I'll get some mail shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice job asshat.

Edge34 11-18-2005 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. speeding cameras violate nearly every principle i have.

[/ QUOTE ]

The principles involving the moral high-ground of breaking the law?

Nothing personal, just feeling kinda nitty... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Actually, I've seen those little radar things that show how fast you're going on the side of the road, but I didn't think they had cameras in 'em.

astroglide 11-18-2005 02:09 AM

i've never known those "here's your speed" gadgets to have cameras. i don't understand why they aren't employed more liberally. i see empty cop cars parked strategically for days, and i'm pretty sure a crown vic runs more than an electro-sign.

as far as the 'moral high ground' goes, running a red light is a much more clear and present danger to me than exceeding the speed limit. i would be fine with 100mph+ speed cameras. unless it's clearly reckless, i think it's bogus to change a classic game of cat and mouse.

dsw1977 11-18-2005 02:12 AM

Here you go.

d10 11-18-2005 02:17 AM

Photo tickets are treated like parking tickets since it's impossible to prove who's actually driving the car. You'll have to pay a fine, but it won't show up on your record and you won't hear anything from your insurance company. Don't take it to court and expect to win because there's no proof who was driving the car though. If you say it wasn't you, they'll ask for the name and address of who it was, and given that it's your car they'll expect you to know. I've seen that tried, it doesn't work.

whiskeytown 11-18-2005 02:29 AM

the secret is to run it slowly....so it can't pick you up on motion detectors...

you may be able to fight it in court - GL - search the internet for precedent.

RB

djj6835 11-18-2005 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Photo tickets are treated like parking tickets since it's impossible to prove who's actually driving the car. You'll have to pay a fine, but it won't show up on your record and you won't hear anything from your insurance company. Don't take it to court and expect to win because there's no proof who was driving the car though. If you say it wasn't you, they'll ask for the name and address of who it was, and given that it's your car they'll expect you to know. I've seen that tried, it doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't this work? I lived in an apartment with three other guys and only one of us could have a car at the apartment. The kid who owned the car would let us borrow it and at times he wouldn't know which one of us was driving it.

Evan 11-18-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the secret is to run it slowly....so it can't pick you up on motion detectors...

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting caught>>>getting hit

Ulysses 11-18-2005 03:30 AM

If you have to do traffic school, you can do it online now in no time flat.

Landon_McFly 11-18-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you say it wasn't you, they'll ask for the name and address of who it was, and given that it's your car they'll expect you to know. I've seen that tried, it doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you give them a name and address of someone who lives in another state? Or country? I mean a real person that you know. They aren't going to put out a warrant for Wang Chung in Bangladesh.

Fack the police

chesspain 11-18-2005 09:22 AM

Maybe you should grow up and learn how to drive more safely. Running red lights is very uncool.

imported_The Vibesman 11-18-2005 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i've never known those "here's your speed" gadgets to have cameras. i don't understand why they aren't employed more liberally. i see empty cop cars parked strategically for days, and i'm pretty sure a crown vic runs more than an electro-sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have these around here. The town I work in has one and constantly puts it on a traffic heavy area of the main road where the speed limit is 45mph and the average speed of traffic until about 9 PM is 20mph. It's kind of funny to see one of those that says Watch Your Speed - 45 MPH and crawl by it doing 5.

RunDownHouse 11-18-2005 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Some do, some don't. My mom was on the city council for a newly-incorporated city a few years ago. Since they were no longer under contract with the county police, they had to get a new PD up and running. They got one of those roadside speed things. It cost about $8k, if I remember correctly, and definitely did NOT have a camera. I thought it was funny when I heard people saying it did and that they slowed down for it - I usually sped up.

rusty JEDI 11-18-2005 10:24 AM

Not sure how it is there but here the redlight cameras dont all have cameras in them. They have 4 intersections with the box and sensors, and only 1 camera that they move around between the 4 intersectins. However, they all have a flash when you go through them whether the camera is installed or not. So if you run it and get the flash, your odds of getting a ticket are 1 in 4.

rJ

11-18-2005 10:47 AM

Running red lights may not be the smartest thing, but I got pulled over for my "license plate light" being out. I'd never even heard of a license plate light. Cops have nothing better to do than pull you over after midnight on a Friday/Saturday night

11-18-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...I'd never even heard of a license plate light. Cops have nothing better to do than pull you over after midnight on a Friday/Saturday night

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a link to the Texas DPS Vehicle Inspection Website that deals with license plate lights:

Texas DPS Website

danzasmack 11-18-2005 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should grow up and learn how to drive more safely. Running red lights is very uncool.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in high school I drove like a tool, real fast. One day on my way to work a guy pulled up next to me, and I had my window open. He got my attention and then said with 100% sincerity in a very kind manner "hey, would you mind slowing down when you drive? I have kids, and it scares me to think what would happen if they ran into the middle of the street..."

That got me to slow down.

DeathbySuckout 11-18-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In Philadelphia, the red light camera will net you a $100 ticket.

arod15 11-18-2005 11:39 AM

really good to know. I think it varies but generalyl its just a fine ....

Evan 11-18-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have kids, and it scares me to think what would happen if they ran into the middle of the street...

[/ QUOTE ]
I never really understtod this. In all my time growing up I never saw any of my friends spontaneously deside that "into the middle of the street" was a good place to run, especially with oncoming traffic. If that guy's kids are really itching to play some real life Frogger I think they have bigger problems than you going a few mph over the speed limit.

benfranklin 11-18-2005 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Running red lights may not be the smartest thing, but I got pulled over for my "license plate light" being out. I'd never even heard of a license plate light. Cops have nothing better to do than pull you over after midnight on a Friday/Saturday night

[/ QUOTE ]

A burned-out light is a legitimate violation that gives them legal probable cause to stop you and check you for drinking, drugs, etc. (A lot of which goes on after midnight on a Friday/Saturday night. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )

CORed 11-18-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they pulled you over for a trivial violation on a Friday or Saturday night, they were probably actually trying to catch DUI's. The licence plate light being out is just a legal excuse to stop you. Then, if they smell alcohol, or you tell them you had "a couple of beers" when they ask you if you've had anything to drink, they can do the field sobriety, breathalyzer, etc.

haakee 11-18-2005 02:43 PM

It's definitely traffic school dude. And the fine is like $350 + the [censored] administrative $100 or so fee for traffic school. I guess you'd better play another negative 10 minutes of 40-80 to make it back.

DMBFan23 11-18-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running real real good when it comes to moving violations.

Fine I could give a half a [censored] about

[/ QUOTE ]

in virginia the traffic cam is a 50 dollar fine, no DMV involvement, no insurance involvement, no nothing. they just want your $. and I have gotten two of them so I know what I'm talking about.

they say very explicitly in the letter "no points will be added to your record if you pay the fine".

DMBFan23 11-18-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you'd better play another negative 10 minutes of 40-80 to make it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahahahhaa

what state are y'all in where this is traffic school though? where I am it's [censored] clown shoes

haakee 11-18-2005 02:54 PM

California. You can do it online. It is indeed clown shoes.

jman220 11-18-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you say it wasn't you, they'll ask for the name and address of who it was, and given that it's your car they'll expect you to know. I've seen that tried, it doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you give them a name and address of someone who lives in another state? Or country? I mean a real person that you know. They aren't going to put out a warrant for Wang Chung in Bangladesh.

Fack the police

[/ QUOTE ]

Perjury is bad. That said, it really should be the prosecution's burden to show that you were driving, not your burden to show that you weren't. Granting the prosecution a presumption that you were the driver doesn't seem right. What state/jurisidiction is this in? I've never heard of a rule like this, and I'm curious.

Sponger15SB 11-18-2005 02:56 PM

STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASS HOLE!

http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/pics/...ics/liar31.jpg

Boris 11-18-2005 02:57 PM

Nice. I love that flick.

DMBFan23 11-18-2005 03:08 PM

ok now this thread has made me laugh twice

Randy_Refeld 11-18-2005 03:11 PM

I used ot live right next to one of those stupid phot enforced intersections. I think the camera made it more dangerous. Normally at an intersection if the light turns yelllow you drive thorugh it and clear the intersection. WIth the addition of the casmera everyoen woudl slam on their brakes at the yellow light. When the camera went live that intersection became such that I would drive some other way to not have to deal with it.

chesspain 11-18-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have kids, and it scares me to think what would happen if they ran into the middle of the street...

[/ QUOTE ]
I never really understtod this. In all my time growing up I never saw any of my friends spontaneously deside that "into the middle of the street" was a good place to run, especially with oncoming traffic. If that guy's kids are really itching to play some real life Frogger I think they have bigger problems than you going a few mph over the speed limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

When people talk about kids running into the street, they are referring to five year olds who might dart after an errant ball without thinking about where they are going.

Why is this so difficult to imagine?