Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   AKo heavy preflop action (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380690)

Exitonly 11-17-2005 11:24 PM

AKo heavy preflop action

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3000 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB (t79096)
UTG (t180647)
UTG+1 (t79019)
MP1 (t11628)
MP2 (t8339)
MP3 (t20340)
CO (t50786)
Button (t52709)
Hero (t43048)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t9000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t21000</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero ?

dont expect anything brilliant to come of this, just really judging what the consensus is.

obsidian 11-17-2005 11:25 PM

Re: AKo heavy preflop action

With 14BBs left..probably push.

IHateKeithSmart 11-17-2005 11:28 PM

Bleh, first thought is that you're on the bad side of a race here with at least 1 dead out. Because I'm a fish though, I'd probably push anyways.

11-17-2005 11:32 PM

I say fold, I think youre better off building by picking good spots to steal. Hard to imagine this is better than a race, I saw fold here Exit. Although some more information about how late it is would also help.

11-17-2005 11:33 PM

I'm weak/tight so I fold. AK in multiway pots is not fun, since someone has you beat with a pp, and someone else is counterfeiting you with AQ or worse, AKs.

11-17-2005 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm loose/awful so I fold. AK in multiway pots is not fun, since someone has you beat with a pp, and someone else is counterfeiting you with AQ or worse, AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP

gol4pro 11-17-2005 11:43 PM

14BB = push every time.

whiskeytown 11-17-2005 11:43 PM

I have to make this read based upon the player and what I saw him play...I assume by these limits we're way into the money at this point...

IF he reraises a lot and shows A9 or 77, it's instapush for me - all in - 3rd best starting hand - and put faith in Pokerstars to put down a 3 outer since he probably has KK - LOL.

Unless I read him as meta tight, I'm pushing....- like a previous poster said - YOu've got 9K of your 41K in there - almost 22% of your stack - I feel like at one point I gotta make a stand...you're gonna be hurting if you don't - and I think you could easily be ahead here a lot depending on how the player plays.

But let me guess, this was a micro tourney where you were multitabling and didn't have a good read - - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - I'd say you're short stacked enough and far enough along where it's time to win a coinflip or two. And I've seen SO many times where they have AJ, AT, or KQ that I feel a repush is profitable here...

RB

Jurollo 11-17-2005 11:47 PM

Exit,
Easy push here imho. You are at 14bbs are people have mentioned, UTG is likely out as he is a big stack and could be playing anything (even UTG) so you are likely racing with t12000 dead in the pot. Unless you have a super tight read on UTG or UTG+1 I push everytime here.

juris 11-18-2005 01:10 AM

Push or fold. Depends on:

1. Do you want final 3? Fold

2. What have these guys been playing?

3. That's pretty much it.

Add factors of 1-3 together and make your decision.

11-18-2005 01:48 AM

With about 35K plus antes already in the pot, and that hand, I'd love my chances of getting a 75K+ stack if one guy calls, and almost 100K if both call and you win.

With a stack like that, you would have alot more options, which is always nice.

Not sure I understand the comments about folding cuz one person might have a pocket pair and the other guy would have a hand like AQ, you want to put pocket pairs to the test when you have a coinflip hand, and you definitely want to get an AQ hand to call which you have dominated, especially getting such nice pot odds.

I've made this push before with KQs with 9 bb's and a raiser and a reraiser in front of me based on odds alone and the fact that if I win, I got a monster stack.

Easy easy push.

11-18-2005 01:50 AM

I'd push

11-18-2005 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- YOu've got 9K of your 41K in there - almost 22% of your stack -

[/ QUOTE ]

No he doesn't, he has 1500 plus ante in there, he is sb.

Exitonly 11-18-2005 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure I understand the comments about folding cuz one person might have a pocket pair and the other guy would have a hand like AQ, you want to put pocket pairs to the test when you have a coinflip hand, and you definitely want to get an AQ hand to call which you have dominated, especially getting such nice pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what they're saying is that we have to hit an A or K to beat the pocket pair, and if one of my A's or K's are gone, that sucks.

but yea i'm not sure about this. i folded cause i hadn't seen them raising a lot, and it was a raise and a reraise from UTG, ,and i just didnt feel right.

So of course the board comes xAAxA.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

whiskeytown 11-18-2005 02:02 AM

Jesus...I thought HE raised to 9K -

now I don't know what I'd do - if I was near the bottom of the average, I'd probably still push.

RB

11-18-2005 02:04 AM

nh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

adanthar 11-18-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but yea i'm not sure about this. i folded cause i hadn't seen them raising a lot, and it was a raise and a reraise from UTG, ,and i just didnt feel right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have done this and not felt bad because if you'd have called the board wouldn't look the same [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

If I knew they had QQ/JJ or QQ/Ax I'd instapush, but given their positions, your average scenario is 4 outs to a split*.

*If this is a &lt; 20 buyin, ignore everything I just said and shove.