Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Texas Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Can you actually make money playing poker? I mean like A LOT of money? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379827)

11-16-2005 05:57 PM

Can you actually make money playing poker? I mean like A LOT of money?

I am looking to see how much money the pros make. I mean, can you make 50k, 100k+ per year in PROFIT? I know some people play poker as a living. For these people, how much do you make in profit and at what limit? How much time do you spend?

Do not respond to this post unless you have played more than 50k hands.

shant 11-16-2005 05:59 PM

Re: Can you actually make money playing poker? I mean like A LOT of mo

You're gonna get a whole lot of stupid answers, so here's a quick simple one.

Yes.

Davey 11-16-2005 06:00 PM

I hope you played 50k hands...or else you were'nt supposed to answer this question.

IndieMatty 11-16-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're gonna get a whole lot of stupid answers, so here's a quick simple one.

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could have done better. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Catt 11-16-2005 06:01 PM

Re: Can you actually make money playing poker? I mean like A LOT of money?

Nope. And don't let anyone tell you differently.

I played my 50,000th hand just a few minutes ago by the way, so it's all good.

jman220 11-16-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, 50k hands. Online pros count their hands in the hundreds of thousands and millions. Hell, Even I've played almost 300,000 hands and I just play part time.

partygirluk 11-16-2005 06:40 PM

Dunno if you consider this a lot of money but I have played 7,500,000 ahnds and average $1,900 per hour. Multitabling makes it so much easier (I 18-24 table 6max, depends on my mood).

Peace

Snoogins47 11-16-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking to see how much money the pros make. I mean, can you make 50k, 100k+ per year in PROFIT? I know some people play poker as a living. For these people, how much do you make in profit and at what limit? How much time do you spend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can. Yes, people do. I don't want to discuss my earn, because I'm weird about it.

antifish225 11-16-2005 06:49 PM

I hope you are kidding - 18-24 tables 6 Max - don't believe it (although that would only be .65BB/100.....)

jman220 11-16-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dunno if you consider this a lot of money but I have played 7,500,000 and average $1,900 per hour. Multitabling makes it so much easier (I 18-24 table 6max, depends on my mood).

24 tabling 6-max? you do this on your own? I don't see how you could do this without constantly timing out.

Peace

[/ QUOTE ]

POKhER 11-16-2005 06:55 PM

I think he's kidding. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Anyhow, people like bicyclekick and james282 make "seriously big money", I guess you kind of need to lose the value of money to play like that.

Which i guess is what happens as you move up the stakes... $10 seems nothing... But it seemed big $$$$ when i played .05/.10.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

ThaHero 11-16-2005 07:00 PM

If you had waited until you had 50k hands you could have answered your own question.

Sponger15SB 11-16-2005 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyhow, people like bicyclekick and james282 make "seriously big money", I guess you kind of need to lose the value of money to play like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea exactly how much these two guys make, but there are certainly many people in the top 50 (or whatever) list of what 2+2ers make per hour that are in between and above them in rank.

I guess you just listed them because they are some of the most high profile? I dunno...

Seth Money 11-16-2005 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this like today? This week? This month? Or Lifetime?

I mean I hate to say this but why question the obvious. of course there is money out there of course someone can make 100k do a handful? yes, do 1000's maybe does everyone hell no. You are to broad in what you are asking and this is covered like every other day here.

Seth

11-16-2005 10:42 PM

The best money in poker right now doesnt come from the game itself, but rather the business side of the game, i.e. the sites, the endorsements, etc.

baronzeus 11-16-2005 10:55 PM

50K per year? lol.

Klepton 11-16-2005 11:01 PM

i think this guy named joe hachem won like 7.5 million or soemthing, i don't think it's possible though.

TimM 11-16-2005 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you make 50k, 100k+ per year in PROFIT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am up over $50K net this year, but not all of it is PROFIT.

I spent most of it on beer, pot and hookers.

I consider this a necessary business expense required to maintain sanity.

I hope the IRS agrees.

lighterjobs 11-16-2005 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best money in poker right now doesnt come from the game itself, but rather the business side of the game, i.e. the sites, the endorsements, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm actually about to give up multitabling 2/4 because full tilt offered me a basketball jersey and a hockey jersey.

11-16-2005 11:54 PM

I am play. pok er for these week now.

Ia'm win the $40 in like only ten min ut

I will play for about the two week now

I can say I m good, so you are yes.

11-17-2005 12:24 AM

I'm a couple hands short of your quota, I'll be right back. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

tonypaladino 11-17-2005 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf???

lighterjobs 11-17-2005 01:06 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/jrg123/bb100.jpg

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

11-17-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dunno if you consider this a lot of money but I have played 7,500,000 ahnds and average $1,900 per hour. Multitabling makes it so much easier (I 18-24 table 6max, depends on my mood).

Peace

[/ QUOTE ]

video please.

TStoneMBD 11-17-2005 01:23 AM

dont listen to these guys they are just pulling your chain. i am the BEST player on twoplustwo and i average $35/hr so yes, i make alot of shitload of money.

teddyFBI 11-17-2005 01:42 AM

I pulled down 50G in August.
(over 40,000 hands played)

Guthrie 11-17-2005 01:44 AM

http://members.cox.net/cdstephens/bb.jpg

James282 11-17-2005 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea exactly how much these two guys make, but there are certainly many people in the top 50 (or whatever) list of what 2+2ers make per hour that are in between and above them in rank.

I guess you just listed them because they are some of the most high profile? I dunno...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Sponger, just like you, I have no clue how much anybody makes per hour. I don't even know how much I make per hour, so how could you know who makes more or less than I do?
-James

MicroBob 11-17-2005 01:54 AM

what a worthwhile thread this turned out to be.

James282 11-17-2005 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what a worthwhile thread this turned out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I open these threads expecting car wrecks and see my name mentioned in them explicitly! Yikes.
-James

Sponger15SB 11-17-2005 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Sponger, just like you, I have no clue how much anybody makes per hour. I don't even know how much I make per hour, so how could you know who makes more or less than I do?
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I know everything.

edfurlong 11-17-2005 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I know everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know that while you were typing that I was touching myself while thinking of you?

MicroBob 11-17-2005 04:57 AM

MODERATOR!!!

Sponger15SB 11-17-2005 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I know everything except that edfurlong was touching himself and thinking about me while I wrote that last post.

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP.

Also, to actually answer James282's question. Yeah, it was just a guess. But uh, doesn't it seem likely?

edfurlong 11-17-2005 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MODERATOR!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you just call me?

POKhER 11-17-2005 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the only two guys i know of who play like, big stakes(Bicycles posted some PT $ stats) and i've seen some discussion about james's winnings/Level.

Don't want to repeat unless i got it wrong/Chinese whispers etc.

Yeah, your probably right... others who keep hush may make HUGE BUCKS and just want to keep it quiet to not attract unwanted attention/pms and whatever else.

I consider 100K to be pretty big cash though.

Vavavoom 11-17-2005 06:35 AM

FWIW UB observer chat :

BellagioLee reckons mahatma is on about +$5million this year ...

James282 11-17-2005 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I know everything except that edfurlong was touching himself and thinking about me while I wrote that last post.

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP.

Also, to actually answer James282's question. Yeah, it was just a guess. But uh, doesn't it seem likely?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, I am sure that there are people on this board who have a higher hourly than I do. Some of these people play as much as I do and therefore make a lot more $ than me. Some of these people play a lot less and therefore probably don't. I can think of a few guys I know personally that could easily make as much or more than I do but who barely play at all because of other reasons(these people are "pros" too fwiw), but you'd never know it from reading the forum. There are also people who have had big tournament scores who have pulled amounts that make my winnings seem meager. I guess my point is, I have pretty intimate knowledge of a lot of the top earners on this site's winnings for the month/year whatever just through conversation with them and I still have no clue where I stack up. I have no clue how much I've made this year! I'd be very interested(just for the sake of curiousity) to have a compiled list of all 2+2ers winnings/hands for the year just to see if people are really putting their money where their mouth is, and if there really is THAT much money in online poker. But alas, these options are not available, so I suppose all we really have is guesswork in threads started by people who wonder if it's possible to make 100k in a year haha.
-James

tripdad 11-17-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very fine, sir. nomination for gimmick account of the year.

tripdad

phish 11-17-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can you make 50k, 100k+ per year in PROFIT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am up over $50K net this year, but not all of it is PROFIT.

I spent most of it on beer, pot and hookers.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the rest you just wasted.