Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Biggest winner/s at Party Limit Holdem? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378660)

jdp 11-15-2005 01:08 AM

Biggest winner/s at Party Limit Holdem?

Can anyone tell me who the biggest winner/s are at the big Party Limit games? I heard somewhere that the biggest winners average around 3 BB/100 - would this be about right?
Thanks!

etizzle 11-15-2005 01:26 AM

Re: Biggest winner/s at Party Limit Holdem?

i win

Brian R 11-15-2005 01:33 AM

Depends on the limits...Some say the 30 game is softer than the 20 and 15.

Brian R

Enon 11-15-2005 02:07 AM

A few names off the top of my head from 30/60-100/200

Kukavic
Brizganc
SteveG (2+2)
Ramabird
GAescapee

jdp 11-15-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Kukavic
Brizganc
SteveG (2+2)
Ramabird
GAescapee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Enon. Any of these guys stand out or are they all big winners?

DcifrThs 11-15-2005 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Kukavic
Brizganc
SteveG (2+2)
Ramabird
GAescapee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Enon. Any of these guys stand out or are they all big winners?

[/ QUOTE ]

in terms of win rate and total $ won its Brizganc by a wide margin.

Barron

GoblinMason (Craig) 11-15-2005 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true and if so, why do I always here so much bitching about how tough the 30 is?

baronzeus 11-15-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true and if so, why do I always here so much bitching about how tough the 30 is?

[/ QUOTE ]

coming from someone who has played a large number of hands in both the 20 and the 30, the 30 is far tougher than the 20 and its not close IMO.

jdp 11-15-2005 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

Has it gotten tougher since Party split from the skins?

[/ QUOTE ]

coming from someone who has played a large number of hands in both the 20 and the 30, the 30 is far tougher than the 20 and its not close IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

teddyFBI 11-15-2005 04:44 AM

why was this post reported??

And yes, the 30 is tougher than the 20. By far.
Way more sharks, and the 'fish' are LAGs rather than LP's, which are annoying when they catch cards.

One of the most interesting things I've noticed also in the 30 (and even 20 to some extent) is that standard ABC 18/7 TAGs get destroyed. Better pull some more tricks out of your bag.

Smoothcall 11-15-2005 05:30 AM

Maybe because they want the fish for themselves in the 30-60 so they tell you its bad and tough to win?

jdp 11-15-2005 07:39 AM

I assume he's doing better than 3 bb/100 then?

11-15-2005 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me laugh that you were pretty much exclusively a small stakes poster until recently, then you came here all a-jitter about your first few hands at mid-migh, and now you stroll around MH like you own the place. A "large number" of hands at both limits is about 200k, son. Get back to us when you've played that many.

Lol (see? laughing ...)

tongni 11-15-2005 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kukavic
SteveG (2+2)
Ramabird
GAescapee

[/ QUOTE ]

At least two of these are breakeven at best.

tongni 11-15-2005 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of similar to the difference between 10/20 6m and 5/10 6m. It's more aggressive and people are slightly better hand readers. That said, I think it's possible to have around similar winrates for both 20/40 and 30/60 once you make the correct adjustments.

ggbman 11-15-2005 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me laugh that you were pretty much exclusively a small stakes poster until recently, then you came here all a-jitter about your first few hands at mid-migh, and now you stroll around MH like you own the place. A "large number" of hands at both limits is about 200k, son. Get back to us when you've played that many.

Lol (see? laughing ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me laugh that you have 122 posts and waste time starting [censored] like this. Who really cares if his sample of "significant" is suffient to your standards?

Lol (see, i'm laughing...)

TylerD 11-15-2005 11:01 AM

What's the 15/30 like now that they've added 30/60 and 20/40? How does it compare to the "old" 15 and 5/10, 10/20?

DrGutshot 11-15-2005 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol (see? laughing ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

you are annoying

-DrG

DcifrThs 11-15-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kukavic
SteveG (2+2)
Ramabird
GAescapee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know GAescape and steveG aren't break even. thats a fact. so your contention is that ramabird is breakeven? (i dont know the first guy)

Barron

DcifrThs 11-15-2005 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol (see? laughing ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

never in recent memory have i seen such an instance of pot calling ketle black.

Barron

MaxPower 11-15-2005 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol (see? laughing ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

You are doing a slighltly better job with the trolling this time, but it won't be too long before you blow up.

Good Luck.

Stefan_K 11-15-2005 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume he's doing better than 3 bb/100 then?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont think so, but prob they play well and much at high limits not neccecery over 3bb 1,5-2bb/100 at high limits is very good

11-15-2005 01:15 PM

what tricks you think would change a losing TAG to a winning player at the 30/60?

raising pre flop w/ suited connectors, small pairs, Axs???
semi-bluffing more often?
turn or river raiing to "buy the pot" off a tight/weak player?

any of the above? (btw I am a lowly 5/10, 10/20, and 15/30 (occastinallyplayer)
wondering what works at 30/60 in general - thanks,

stoxtrader 11-15-2005 02:04 PM

I was going to write up a succinct post to spell it all out for you, but then thought that might make it a bit too easy. Maybe somebody else will.

DcifrThs 11-15-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to write up a succinct post to spell it all out for you, but then thought that might make it a bit too easy. Maybe somebody else will.

[/ QUOTE ]

oo, oo, me me...

play goot.

Barron

11-15-2005 03:11 PM

I know that the answer must be the increased use of deception...(I've read that as you move up in limits the use of deception in general
increases).
Just wanted to know a few specifics...

Check raising often (even if you don't have it) probably pisses a lot of players off...

Paluka 11-15-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that the answer must be the increased use of deception...(I've read that as you move up in limits the use of deception in general
increases).
Just wanted to know a few specifics...

Check raising often (even if you don't have it) probably pisses a lot of players off...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the answer is more likely just better postflop play. Any stick can sit down at a table and play tight preflop. You can read a book and learn that. The important stuff is never missing a value bet, knowing when to make a thin call, knowing when to bluff, picking off bluffs, knowing when the semibluff is worth it, etc... I think deception is pretty far down on the list of what makes a big difference between one tighty and another.

11-15-2005 03:18 PM

finally the dubious title has been lifted from above me and placed appropriately somewhere else.

baronzeus 11-15-2005 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]
javascript: x()

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol (see? laughing ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a moron. 30K hands at each limit is enough for me to know which is TOUGHER. hell, i could tell 30/60 was going to be a lot tougher after my first few sessions. and judging from your posts you are a 15/30 player who is probably struggling just to breakeven after rakeback, so please, don't lecture me about sample sizes.

ps i don't "stroll around midhigh" either...i post primarily in HUSH and rarely in here because almost all of the games i play are short handed.

___1___ 11-15-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Kukavic
Brizganc
SteveG (2+2)
Ramabird
GAescapee

[/ QUOTE ]

Kukavica is also from Ljubljana and its pretty obvious he and Brizganc have been associated with the same poker group/thinktank (which I have confirmed. You can think of him as DERB toned down a notch both preflop and post (23/13). He's killed the 50 lately, but on about a 125bb slide in the 100.

DERB is DERB

SteveG looks like a small winner in both the 50 and 100.

Ramabird (15/10) plays a ridiculous amount of hands (~34000) so far this month. He looks to be decent winner in the 50. He's on a 200+bb slide in the 100 his last 11k hands.

GAEscape is the tightest of this bunch (13/10). Looks like a small winner and the 50 and breakevenish in the 100 from limited evidence.

Disclaimer: This information is completly from datamining and observation. I don't play this high so take this information for what its worth.

Also, biggest winners in the last two weeks for 50 and 100 (close to all the hands but not all)(purely for entertainment value):

50/100:

1)Kukavica (+$41k)(12k hands)
2)niamin (+25k) (5.5k hands)
3)Subservient (+24k) (8.3k hands)
4)DrDumass (+23k) (8.7k hands)
5)natalia359 (+20k) (9.7k hands)
DERB (+18k) (11.3k hands)

100/200

1)NFLTDWWW (+54k) (6.5k hands)
2)Dam_Dam (+54k) (4.6k hands)
3)nutzinface6 (+47k) (4k hands)
4)djfatsht (+43k) (7.7k hands)
5)setzer575 (+25k) (800 hands)

Let me know if the above is in bad taste and I'll delete it...

___1___

mmcd 11-15-2005 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kukavic
SteveG (2+2)
Ramabird
GAescapee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know GAescape and steveG aren't break even. thats a fact. so your contention is that ramabird is breakeven? (i dont know the first guy)

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Kukavica = Pastir (from Ljubljana) and he is almost certailny a winner.

Klepton 11-15-2005 04:24 PM

i think you guys need to stop worrying about other players and start worrying about how well you are playing.

has the MH limit and NL sections become celebrity sighting forums?

11-15-2005 04:27 PM

APB!!!! APB!!!!!!! APB!!!!!!!!

PRAHLAD IS DOWN 800K!!!

CHIP REESE IS UP 4,000,000 THIS WEEK!!!!

DANDRUFF HAS HEMORHOIDS!!!!!

DOYLE BRUNSON PLAYED GOLF FOR 100K A HOLE TODAY!!!!!

PHIL HELLMUTH LOST HIS COOL!!!!!!

SOME GUY JUST WON A POT ONLINE!!!!

Mig 11-15-2005 04:31 PM

Who are the biggest winner at 30/60 beside derb ?

___1___ 11-15-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are the biggest winner at 30/60 beside derb ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, don't have 30/60 numbers.

___1___

Steve Giufre 11-15-2005 04:37 PM

That lucky bastard Obi One has won a lot in that game.

11-15-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol (see? laughing ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

never in recent memory have i seen such an instance of pot calling ketle black.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because post count equals experience at poker? Hardly. I'd just never bothered to come to the website on the back of the books until recently, but I'm quite sure I have more poker experience than you, and more than most of the posters on this board.

11-15-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brian R

[/ QUOTE ]
javascript: x()

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol (see? laughing ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a moron. 30K hands at each limit is enough for me to know which is TOUGHER. hell, i could tell 30/60 was going to be a lot tougher after my first few sessions. and judging from your posts you are a 15/30 player who is probably struggling just to breakeven after rakeback, so please, don't lecture me about sample sizes.

ps i don't "stroll around midhigh" either...i post primarily in HUSH and rarely in here because almost all of the games i play are short handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt you even have 30k hands at anything above 5-10, lol.

And no, I don't struggle, particularly at the 15. You'd know how easy it is if you played more MH and less SS.

___1___ 11-15-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt you even have 30k hands at anything above 5-10, lol.

And no, I don't struggle, particularly at the 15. You'd know how easy it is if you played more MH and less SS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, are you 13? Just STFU and do everyone a favor...

___1___

Danenania 11-15-2005 04:54 PM

Neat post, __1__. Some good research there.