Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WHY DOES ANYONE STILL PLAY AT PARTY?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378278)

puckboy 11-14-2005 03:25 PM

WHY DOES ANYONE STILL PLAY AT PARTY??

I pose this questions seriously!!!!!!

Every other post here seems to be how someone got screwed at party. I used to play party primarily when there were still fish there to feed on, but they have all swam on to other sites. THis used to be the arguement for party:

"yeah the software sucks, C/S sucks, merchandise store sucks, but there are so many fish that the games are soft and the rakeback is good."

Well the positives on that arguement are gone. The 3-6, 5-10 limit games have become rock gardens, and the rakeback program are gone with a feeble attempt at compensating with VIP programs(joke).

So please, i pose this questions seriously because i think i'm missing something.

WHY DOES ANYONE STILL PLAY AT PARTY?? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS

thanks all

gila 11-14-2005 03:31 PM

Re: WHY DOES ANYONE STILL PLAY AT PARTY??

[ QUOTE ]
I pose this questions seriously!!!!!!

Every other post here seems to be how someone got screwed at party. I used to play party primarily when there were still fish there to feed on, but they have all swam on to other sites. THis used to be the arguement for party:

"yeah the software sucks, C/S sucks, merchandise store sucks, but there are so many fish that the games are soft and the rakeback is good."

Well the positives on that arguement are gone. The 3-6, 5-10 limit games have become rock gardens, and the rakeback program are gone with a feeble attempt at compensating with VIP programs(joke).

So please, i pose this questions seriously because i think i'm missing something.

WHY DOES ANYONE STILL PLAY AT PARTY?? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS

thanks all

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, you think there are 50,000 rocks on there? You might want to rethink that.

11-14-2005 03:33 PM

Party is still the easiest, most fishtastic site to play on, bar none.

SO EASY. SO LOOSE. FREE MONEY.

puckboy 11-14-2005 03:45 PM

No there aren't 50k rocks but the games at my limits(3-6,5-10) are not as soft as they used to be. In "rethinking" i think i'll stay at paradise and even stars, recently, these games are becoming very soft.

BigBiceps 11-14-2005 03:48 PM

UB has lots of fish, I see people calling all-in preflops with A5s, 88, etc. This is at NL50 and NL100 ... NL200 has tougher players.

jman220 11-14-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

90/60/3

goodguy_1 11-14-2005 03:51 PM

sshhh your right to an extent but why tell people this??

Are you trying to get all the sharks to migrate to these other rooms?

silly silly you

11-14-2005 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

90/60/3

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are my stats, too! And I thought I was the only one that played that way!!11!!1

11-14-2005 05:03 PM

Are you talking full or sh?

krimson 11-14-2005 05:17 PM

Lots of tables, lots of fish, reasonable software.

wiggs73 11-14-2005 05:29 PM

You realize that before the split, the tables were matched across Party and their skins. So assuming that all the players from the skins are now at Party, the games should be the same. If anything, the skins are the rock gardens now.

Also, there are a few people that can actually make money at poker without rakeback. And I write this as I play a tournament at Pacific... but compared to most other sites, the software isn't that bad either.

TobDog 11-14-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I write this as I play a tournament at Pacific

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have a lot of time on between hands, huh?

AA suited 11-14-2005 05:33 PM

For the huge rakeback and VIP bonuses, of course

plus all those nifty valuable Party points.

puckboy 11-14-2005 05:58 PM

full

Zygote 11-14-2005 06:14 PM

i play for the fish and game consistency. i'm sorry to say this, but you probably aren't as good a poker player as you thought if you can't decently beat them. changing sites wont solve this problem.

SammyKid11 11-14-2005 06:43 PM

Yeah, I concur with the above. Your thinking that the games at Party have gotten substantially better is simply untrue. What's happened is, the heater on which you began your online poker experience is now over...what you're left with is your own poker skills, without the benefit of all the cards falling your way.

Bottom-line is...if you're having trouble beating the games you've mentioned at Party, you're probably just not as good as you think you are. Don't blame the games at Party, they still are the softest on the net. Work on your game, get better, and 3/6-5/10 at Party will soon seem very easy to you.

Either that or perhaps you are a decent player who's hit his first big downswing. It happens...if this is the case, it's not because of the high-caliber of tight, smart players at Party Poker.

11-14-2005 06:52 PM

$22 sngs are FULL of fish, and so are cash games. Maybe the 5/10 games are tight, but you have to expect that at limits like that. If you can't beat the party games, maybe you arn't the player you thought, or you just need to move down limits. ALSO, RB is all over the place, just ask around.

excession 11-14-2005 07:04 PM

I don't..

uaw420rook 11-14-2005 07:08 PM

I like the medium smaller sites with rakeback. its easier to keep tabs on players playing styles. Party has the most fish, but they make me tilt like a pinball machine. I have a better winrate against tight weak players, and my tilt rate is almost zero. I have been away from party for some time now. I may better suited to play there now, but I really see no reason too. With my monthly intake, Im currently averageing, I wont be fishing there for awhile or ever.

teddyFBI 11-14-2005 07:42 PM

Party is sort of like our abusive husband: treats us like crap, comes home drunk (on its own power), gives us the occasional black eye, but we're all too chickenshit to leave b/c we don't think we can do any better.

krazyace5 11-14-2005 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party is sort of like our abusive husband: treats us like crap, comes home drunk (on its own power), gives us the occasional black eye, but we're all too chickenshit to leave b/c we don't think we can do any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is great, you should make it your signature. Funny stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

smoore 11-14-2005 08:19 PM

MUCH softer games in the 1/2 to 3/6 range to be found out there away from party. Instead of 3 ppl like you tearing up 7 average to weak players per table there is exactly one of you tearing up the other 9, even the good (on that site) players. Nothing like clearing a bonus and watching the chat box as these weak-tight morons start egging each other on to "beat" you. No one ever tells me I'm out of line on party but they do other places. I play goot, goot enough to beat party 3/6 anyway.

edit: oh, but I still play at party because $11 SnG's fill up faster than I can sit at them. Lots of medium soft games > one very soft game.

MyTurn2Raise 11-14-2005 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't..

[/ QUOTE ]

Victor 11-14-2005 10:52 PM

the software and display is very good at party. far better than any other sight imo.

Klepton 11-15-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

90/60/3

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a beautiful post.

wonderwes 11-15-2005 04:21 AM

I wish just once, they would do an upgrade on their software. Its so slow and ugly.

Exsubmariner 11-15-2005 05:28 AM

Because Dikshit has made them all put on makeup to become his personal Nellie's. What they all know but are afraid to admit is that deep down, they like it.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

X

rwesty 11-15-2005 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish just once, they would do an upgrade on their software. Its so slow and ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you not noticed the brand new Blackjack and Sidebet options?

Vlight 11-15-2005 05:46 AM

Why Party? Well that is easy..

Firstly because it is the only site with a wide range of pot-limit omaha8 games.

Secondly, because i can cash out my money with epassporte and i can take it out of any ATM with my epassporte visa electron within 1 hour. (I am not in the USA so no Neteller for me) Compare that to cashouts by check on other sites that take weeks!

puckboy 11-15-2005 09:40 AM

I never said i was a losing player there, in fact just the opposite, i'm just under 2bb/100 at the 3-6 level and just over 1bb/100 at the 5-10. Just seems to be more a grind there lately. THe other sites i mentioned seem to have more LAG's.

The intent of the post was to bring up a point that others sites are getting fishier too and the software and c/s and rakeback programs are better. So why are we still playing there.

It was not meant to be a complaint because of a bad run or a rant of a losing player

MrBig30 11-15-2005 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MUCH softer games in the 1/2 to 3/6 ...there is exactly one of you tearing up the other 9, even the good (on that site) players

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case what the hell are you doing playing 3/6? Did you blow your roll at the BJ table? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

wdcbooks 11-15-2005 10:43 AM

I have played on most sites at this point and I prefer Party. The software is good with an excellent display. There are always games, even at 8:00 am before I go to work. I mostly play 5/10 and 10/20 6 max and I haven't found softer games at that level elswhere. I can venture into a pot limit Omaha game or a Sit and Go if I am bored and not worry about waiting and finding a good table.

With the advent of VIP I have been very pleased with the customer service, and getting $450 per 10k hands really isn't half bad. I far prefer that to rakeback. With rakeback you have to rely on the good faith of an affiliate to pay you your proper share. I would prefer to get it from the site itself. The points suck, but last year they did points for cash and I will just wait until judgement day if need be to cash in my points again. I may be the only truly loyal Party player left, but I haven't found reason to consider leaving yet. If anything I think the VIP program has made Party more attractive.

smoore 11-15-2005 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MUCH softer games in the 1/2 to 3/6 ...there is exactly one of you tearing up the other 9, even the good (on that site) players

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case what the hell are you doing playing 3/6? Did you blow your roll at the BJ table? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, I'm no good shorthanded and I can't beat 10/20 in my tiny sample size [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I have a job so poker just pays for toys and such... currently I'm working on my tournament game.

flair1239 11-15-2005 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Party's main benefit is game liquidity.. meaning you can get on a game anytime on any day with almost no waiting.

Other sites have games everybit as good as the games on Party. IT is just a matter of getting to know how the other sites flow from day to day.

SoftcoreRevolt 11-15-2005 12:05 PM

The thing is, that at best, these other sites match Party for game quality up to 5/10. (At 5/10 and up, some of the crazy networks like Boss are better than Party when games are going, but there are times when none are.) But for 1/2-3/6, Party is just so fishy since the split that it amazes me, the games are better than Pacific, and its not even close!

goodguy_1 11-15-2005 04:31 PM

there are so many arrogant asses on this board it's amazing..

You make valid points about Party ..there are better games to play away from Party. The problem is it's work to find them ..you may need to scan the top 10-12 rooms to find the "best games", have accounts at those rooms and have accounts funded-not many players do this except for hard-core grinders who dont mind spreading a lot of their bankroll over many rooms.

To jump on this guy and go off on a tanget and critique his play is ridiculous.

Party games have gotten worst each month since in general from the peak of game fishiness about 2 years. Are there still good games ? yes Can you still make good money? yes ...Is it harder to make the same money assuming one stays at the same limit as he/she played in the past? Yes.. Party and all games will continue to get tougher.

The median avg.pot average size of what are considered "good-great games" have come down drastically in all full games. 6MAX games have stayed good thu..but full games have deteriorated badly..table VIP's continue to drop.. The easy lazy money has been made-now we at least I have to work a bit harder for it. This kid makes a valid statement and you all want to jump on him- so much bullsshit on this board so much posturing.

MrBlueNose 11-15-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough* boss network *cough*

Dennisa 11-15-2005 05:48 PM

Can you link to the epassporte website. I would like to set up an account.

Aytumious 11-15-2005 06:06 PM

I'm always baffled by people who want to draw a ton of sharks into their apparently very friendly waters.

excession 11-15-2005 06:21 PM

I am not in the USA so no Neteller for me

er I'm not in the USA and use Neteller