Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Pass the sugar! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378133)

MikeSmith 11-14-2005 11:11 AM

Pass the sugar!

Probably the coolest thing i have heard after some goes all in and flips nut flush, joe hachem rocks.
-mike

lonn19 11-14-2005 11:18 AM

Re: Pass the sugar!

Is this a normal expression in Australia?

11-14-2005 11:31 AM

I've used this already in live games even when I have the losing hand. I just wanted to see if it sounded as cool from me as it did from him. I probably need to work on my accent.

troymclur 11-14-2005 11:36 AM

You spelled it wrong. Its: 'pass the suga!'

And yeah, me and my friends laughed for 10 minutes. I'm def. using it at our next game.

11-14-2005 11:41 AM

If it is, my ex-girlfriend never used it.

Zetack 11-14-2005 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably the coolest thing i have heard after some goes all in and flips nut flush, joe hachem rocks.
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was pretty dumb.

edit: I particularly thought it was dumb when he said it before seeing his opponent had a set with seven outs to the turn, and ten to the river. That's way to early to start celebrating.

It might've been ok after the river, as he gestured to have the chips pushed to him, although then it could've come off as a jerkish, rub your face in it move.

end edit.

DHamilton97 11-14-2005 02:45 PM

From what I've seen so far I really like this guy ;p Maybe it's the accent or his rowdy friends, I dunno.

Zetack 11-14-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I've seen so far I really like this guy ;p Maybe it's the accent or his rowdy friends, I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I like the guy and his rowdy friends are just fine. I thought this line was dumb though. It sounded like he'd been saving it up, and even if it was spontaneous I dindn't think much of it. Matter of...um...taste, I suppose.

--Zetack

RiverTheNuts 11-14-2005 02:49 PM

it woulda been awesome if the guy filled up

TripKings 11-14-2005 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it woulda been awesome if the guy filled up

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I don't care if Hachem is the nicest guy in the world, after that remark(before he saw his opponents cards), I was pulling for the board to pair. That would have made that hand twice as entertaining.

-TripKings

Kyle Stark 11-14-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i thought it was very douche like especially since there were 2 more cards to come.

Sykes 11-14-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i thought it was very douche like especially since there were 2 more cards to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because the only hand that makes him look like a douche is QQ. Nevermind the fact that black could have had AQ/KK/AA.

I can understand Hachem's celebration. You flop the nut flush and the other guy has pushed you all-in and the only hand you have to be worried about is a set. Seriously, 9 out of 10 people here would have done the same thing.

TheBlueMonster 11-14-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
why? as celebrations go it was the most non-obnoxious

Kyle Stark 11-14-2005 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you compare it to the screaming swede or those morons like the bowling guy it is "non-obnoxious", but when you compare it to a real professional (with a few exceptions) it's still obnoxious, not to mention pre-mature.

Toro 11-14-2005 04:11 PM

When he said it he thought he had a lock and by the look on his face think he really regretted saying it after seeing the set.

MikeSmith 11-14-2005 04:23 PM

I was only posting b/c i have never heard the phrase pass the sugar in that context, i could care less if he said it with 2 cards to come, i dont get offended by everything like most people in this forum.

Kyle Stark 11-14-2005 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was only posting b/c i have never heard the phrase pass the sugar in that context, i could care less if he said it with 2 cards to come, i dont get offended by everything like most people in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to get offended by something to think its a douchey remark. Okay, the line itself....cheesy.

If it was a clever line I'd say so but still make fun of the timing.

TheBlueMonster 11-14-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you compare it to the screaming swede or those morons like the bowling guy it is "non-obnoxious", but when you compare it to a real professional (with a few exceptions) it's still obnoxious, not to mention pre-mature.

[/ QUOTE ]
disagree. At that point in the tourny all players are prone to let off some nervous energy. How calmly would you react if you have a chance to double up in a tournament of that magnitude? What other so called obnoxious displays did you see Hachem making? Even the "mature" pros you "point out" will show emotion upon occasion --only a robot sits perfectly motionless at the poker table.

RiverTheNuts 11-14-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because the only hand that makes him look like a douche is QQ. Nevermind the fact that black could have had AQ/KK/AA.

I can understand Hachem's celebration. You flop the nut flush and the other guy has pushed you all-in and the only hand you have to be worried about is a set. Seriously, 9 out of 10 people here would have done the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

9 out of 10 people may have THOUGHT they had a lock without seeing the set, but I seriously doubt that 90% of the posters here are dickheads... I say call, turn over my nut flush, and wait to see if he fills up, because obviously the only hand that pushes there is a set, KcKx, or AcQx, and since he had the Ac and the dood would have pushed KK preflop, it was pretty obvious what he had.

Black Aces 518 11-14-2005 06:44 PM

I don't remember the stack sizes, but I don't think Black pushes KK preflop. Hachem raised, Black reraised, Hachem called. Nothing in that makes KK at all unlikely. Pushing would have been a ridiculous overbet there.

otnemem 11-14-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems to be some confusion regarding the douche quotient in Hachem's remark. I will clear that up. It was extremely douchey. Especially because he looked like he had been practicing in front of the mirror for the months preceding the tournament. Added to the douche factor was the fact that there were two more to come, and the turn card could have had him drawing dead to the river as said sugar was being passed. And to clarify, it wasn't entirely obnoxious, but it still generated definite douche chills as watching a grown man use such a lame, lame line has the tendency to do.

11-14-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems to be some confusion regarding the douche quotient in Hachem's remark. I will clear that up. It was extremely douchey. Especially because he looked like he had been practicing in front of the mirror for the months preceding the tournament. Added to the douche factor was the fact that there were two more to come, and the turn card could have had him drawing dead to the river as said sugar was being passed. And to clarify, it wasn't entirely obnoxious, but it still generated definite douche chills as watching a grown man use such a lame, lame line has the tendency to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rounders. McDermott playing Chan scene. Take one.

Johnny Chan: "Ya have it?"

Mike McDermott: "Sorry John... I don't remember... Pass the suga'"

Definite douche line there.

~

istewart 11-14-2005 08:17 PM

Would've been awesome if Black filled up on the river and threw a packet of Sweet-n-Low at Hachem.

otnemem 11-14-2005 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike McD: "You're right. It didn't help me. I flopped the nut straight. Pass the suga.

Tea_Bagger 11-15-2005 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would've been awesome if Black filled up on the river and threw a packet of Sweet-n-Low at Hachem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

(Sick avatar btw)

Kyle Stark 11-15-2005 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~

[/ QUOTE ]

NH's all around.

KGB: Acisss Fullll Mike....
Mike: I'm passing the suga [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

MikeSmith 11-15-2005 03:51 PM

I tried to use "Pass the splenda", and created an incredibly dumb joke.

11-15-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was cool. Maybe you don't know or none of you know the "real" meaning, and maybe Hachem doesn't either, but it used to mean pass the cocaine. This was back in the '80's.

At least it was original. And give the guy a break, as soon as he noticed what he was up against, he realized that he might be a little premature.