Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   moderate moderator? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377868)

kailua 11-13-2005 11:49 PM

moderate moderator?

Most will agree that Dynasty is a fine, intelligent, well intentioned guy who perhaps holds an idyllic vision of how this forum should function. Some might also add that he appears to have forgotten that open discussion and the ability to “criticize and be criticized” without fear of autocratic retribution from an over zealous moderator is an integral factor in the give and take that has mad 2+2 educational and successful.

While Mason and Mat have stood up and taken the hit, the PP fiasco was actually brought about by a moderator who has been exhibiting an increasingly overbearing disconnect.

The precedent of relying on member polls regarding policy/member issues has recently been established. A forum is its members. Please refrain from a hair trigger lock/delete.

El Ishmael 11-14-2005 12:09 AM

Re: moderate moderator? *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Mat Sklansky 11-14-2005 12:18 AM

Re: moderate moderator?

Dynasty had nothing to do with that event, other than the mentioning of his name in the post I will say for the (fifth?) time that I should not have deleted.

MeanGreenTT 11-14-2005 12:19 AM

People who are critical of Mods ought to take a spin in their shoes....I did for over 3 years on one of the largest sports car forums in existence. Put on the shoes or shove it in the piehole!

Dynasty 11-14-2005 12:26 AM

I can't possibly delete El Ishmael's picture. So, if you guys insist on going on and on and on and on and on about an issue that's resolved, feel free to do so in this one thread. I won't lock it or delete it.

Photoc 11-14-2005 12:27 AM

You sir are a nit.

Btw, Dynasty didn't do anything with the PP posts. Mat already took responsiblity for it.

On another note, this really isn't televised poker related and possibly should be in OOT.

And yet on another note, people really need to get a life and quit crying about who did what to whom with what on here.

tonypaladino 11-14-2005 12:59 AM

You didn't actually drink the OE did you?

Dynasty 11-14-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I gave it to a floorperson. I don't drink.

Sykes 11-14-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I gave it to a floorperson. I don't drink anymore after I got totally plastered in college everyday. Docs told me to lay off the stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

istewart 11-14-2005 01:18 AM

Terrible.

bobbyi 11-14-2005 02:21 AM

I voted yes to both polls in an effort to sow confusion.

11-14-2005 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

... and you have continued the effort with this sentence.

Smoothcall 11-14-2005 02:35 AM

I think the poll is more about all of dynasty's decisions since he started moderating this forum. That MANY have said he is way over-zealous, and interfering into too many things instead of staying out of the way unless a real infraction has occured. Some of us think he likes the power and likes to flex his muscles. Espcially with people he doesn't like. He is not treating all the people in the forum equally fairly. Like he feels he can do as he likes. Even if the forum members don't like what he is doing. Not trying to start trouble matt but this is the reality and everyone in this forum knows it. I won't go on about it but it needed to be said. I know you like him because he works hard for you but he needs to treat people in this forum with a little more respect and back off a littel if he wants the members to respect him and like him as a moderator. Just my 2 cents. Please dont ban me for this. Everybody else is allowed to say there 2 cents please let me. I wont go on about it.

Dynasty 11-14-2005 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is not treating all the people in the forum equally fairly. Like he feels he can do as he likes. Even if the forum members don't like what he is doing. Not trying to start trouble matt but this is the reality and everyone in this forum knows it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not the reality.

Everyone gets treated fairly/equally. And, I don't feel like I can do whatever I like.

11-14-2005 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you like him because he works hard for you but he needs to treat people in this forum with a little more respect and back off a littel if he wants the members to respect him and like him as a moderator. Just my 2 cents. Please dont ban me for this. Everybody else is allowed to say there 2 cents please let me. I wont go on about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was in charge, no way I would tolerat such insolence. Furthermore, a good moderator, like a good drill sergeant, does not exist to be liked. He exists to be feared and cowered before.

tonypaladino 11-14-2005 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted no both to counter your votes. Ha!

AngryCola 11-14-2005 03:45 AM

Link (sound required)

Smoothcall 11-14-2005 03:53 AM

There have been many unfair things you have done with me(and many others as well). I won't go into them all. But as a general rule you seem to have a quick trigger when it comes to me responding to people who insult me, while you allow them free will to bash me around. Every time i make a post i get insulted and you do nothing. Yet if i did the same to someone posts you would tell me i'm trolling and either ban me or threaten to ban me.

Now i'm not trying to get into a fight with you. But this is the reality. And i have even tried to call a truce and apologize(even though i wasnt in the wrong, but just because i didint want to fight and make harmony) to you more than once. And you did not accepet my apology, ignored me, then went on to ban me shortly thereafter like you had an agenda. In a thread that every single person in the thread insulted me(including a now moderator, not you). And all i did is respond to all the insults. And i did it without vulagarity or insults back. But got banned for trolling. I was the one that made the origanl post got a bunch of people insulting me and i was the one banned for trolling. Augie only got banned because he said idiot or something. Otherwise any other insults were ignored for the most part. Just like they are ignored now. Anyway i dont want to get into it with you, but you did respond to my post so just asnwering you. I'm willing to forget the past but it seems that many on here feel you still do this. I havent been on here awhile so haven't seen it lately. But saw it everyday when i was on here.

11-14-2005 04:20 AM

Keep fighting the good fight, brother. Aren't you exempt from bannings because Mat knows you personally? Did you actually get banned at one point?

Smoothcall 11-14-2005 04:36 AM

Exempt? I'm publicy enemy #1. I have been banned before. And threatened to be banned more times than anyone. And never have started one fight ever on here. I only respond, and usually respectfully respond. Not like the flamethrowers on here that get away with all kinds of nonsense. I wonder why?

Dynasty 11-14-2005 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time i make a post i get insulted and you do nothing. Yet if i did the same to someone posts you would tell me i'm trolling and either ban me or threaten to ban me....But this is the reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a blatant lie. I have told you before that posters that have insulted you have also been suspended.

Smoothcall 11-14-2005 05:11 AM

Btw, i just got a private message from cola threatening that someone will out me as vince if i don't stop complaining about dynasty. It was a threatening letter and very cryptic. He said not that we all dont suspect already i'm vince, but someone will prove it if i keep this up. ????? What is this garbage? This is from a moderator! I AM NOT VINCE! I am not threatened by your threats cola! Go ahead and expose this information that i am vince. i would love to see you prove this one! Now does anyone see i'm being treated unfairly by all the newbie mods? WE WANT MATT BACK! An honest fair guy.

Smoothcall 11-14-2005 05:23 AM

Now your calling me a liar? Everyone who has insulted me has been suspended? Go look at smoothcall hisroty and see people responses to me. I get insulted every time i make a post and nothign happens to these people. You owe me an apology but i know i will never get it from you. You even said to me in this foprum publicly that noone likes me and you proceeded to tell me why. Is that fair? You couldnt have sent a private message? NO because you wanted the forum to be against me and to embarrass me in the forum. Well guess what not to many peiople like you either so i guess we're both loved in here. Only difference is i dont treat yopu unfairly and abuse my power or position like you do.

Dynasty 11-14-2005 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now your calling me a liar?...I get insulted every time i make a post and nothign happens to these people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am calling you a liar. The reason I'm doing this is that I have informed you on multiple occassions, including in this thread, that posters who have insulted have been sanctioned. Some have been suspended. Some have been warned. Many posts have been deleteed. Yet, you continue to state that nothing happens to others who violate the rules. That is a blatant lie. The person who knowingly tells that lie is a liar.

Smoothcall 11-14-2005 05:34 AM

Look at my thread on ferguson says have to be very smart is he right form a few days ago. Then let me know what you did to those people in the thread that insulted me ok? You are the liar. Just because you might have santioned someone once or a couple times out of thousands of insults doesnt mean you are enforcing the rules correctly. Every single time i make a post i get insutled unprovoked. A lesser man than me woulda got into big fights with all these guys. But i just asnwer them and try to show them the error of there ways. Yet they keep bashing and you keep doing nothing. If i didn what they do once i would be santioned. They do it every time i post.

Eurotrash 11-14-2005 05:42 AM

this picture is so funny for so many reasons. awesome

ClaytonN 11-14-2005 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Many posts have been deleteed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can attest to this one.

ClaytonN 11-14-2005 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A lesser man than me woulda got into big fights with all these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

A greater man would have just learned to ignore.

This is all I can say, and I can only hope this post doesn't get thrown away too.

Smoothcall 11-14-2005 06:05 AM

He has explained that he was not threatening me but warning me instead. I don't know if if makes it nay better except maybe his tone was not sreaming but maybe more you better be careful waving finger type thing i think. Correct me if i'm wrong cola. Not trying to misquote you intentionally. I always try to be fair.

AngryCola 11-14-2005 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Correct me if i'm wrong cola. Not trying to misquote you intentionally. I always try to be fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the sake of this not becoming a big deal, I'll just say that it was intended to be a helpful message for your benefit. One could call it a well-intentioned warning, but it certainly wasn't meant to be a threat.

Regardless, Smoothcall and I have discussed things privately, and it seems we've come to some sort of understanding about this. As far as I'm concerned, all is right between us.

11-14-2005 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at my thread on ferguson says have to be very smart is he right form a few days ago. Then let me know what you did to those people in the thread that insulted me ok? You are the liar. Just because you might have santioned someone once or a couple times out of thousands of insults doesnt mean you are enforcing the rules correctly. Every single time i make a post i get insutled unprovoked. A lesser man than me woulda got into big fights with all these guys. But i just asnwer them and try to show them the error of there ways. Yet they keep bashing and you keep doing nothing. If i didn what they do once i would be santioned. They do it every time i post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know you and I haven't read any of your threads, but it seems the fact that you answer every post where someone mentions your name is the problem here. If people know they can provoke you - they will. And it seems like it doesn't take much to get a reaction, based on this thread.

Ignore them - graduate high school - grow up...in that order.

Smoothcall 11-14-2005 06:40 AM

Does it matter how i react to it? I have a right to defend myself form insults and lies don't i? The question that should be asked is why are they allowed to continue to insult me on a regualr basis? They dont even bother to answer new threads i start. They just call me an idiot flooding my thread with insults so it can never get off the ground. They should be stopped. They we wouldnt have to worry about how i react to it. And look i'm being the bigger man when some guy who never posts here insults me when he knows nothing of the history between me, dynasty and the insulters.

11-14-2005 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does it matter how i react to it? I have a right to defend myself form insults and lies don't i? The question that should be asked is why are they allowed to continue to insult me on a regualr basis? They dont even bother to answer new threads i start. They just call me an idiot flooding my thread with insults so it can never get off the ground. They should be stopped. They we wouldnt have to worry about how i react to it. And look i'm being the bigger man when some guy who never posts here insults me when he knows nothing of the history between me, dynasty and the insulters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my above post again if you want these people to stop. If you choose to ignore it or you don't think that ignoring people is the right thing do to, have fun getting flamed all the time. That's all I have to say.

11-14-2005 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the poll is more about all of dynasty's decisions since he started moderating this forum. That MANY have said he is way over-zealous, and interfering into too many things instead of staying out of the way unless a real infraction has occured. Some of us think he likes the power and likes to flex his muscles. Espcially with people he doesn't like. He is not treating all the people in the forum equally fairly. Like he feels he can do as he likes. Even if the forum members don't like what he is doing. Not trying to start trouble matt but this is the reality and everyone in this forum knows it. I won't go on about it but it needed to be said. I know you like him because he works hard for you but he needs to treat people in this forum with a little more respect and back off a littel if he wants the members to respect him and like him as a moderator. Just my 2 cents. Please dont ban me for this. Everybody else is allowed to say there 2 cents please let me. I wont go on about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I must agree with you, sir. He suspended me for calling Mike Matusow an a-hole. The explanation I was given is that they are trying to encourage the t.v. players to participate on these forums and they don't want to create a hostile environment which would discourage them from doing so. Give me a break. First of all, in my post, I called him an a-hole, and then wrote that I am too. In other words, I'm just like him. I'm on his side. I then went on to say how there are people like him in every walk of life. It's not like I went Mike Tyson on him and said I want to eat his children or said he should die, which is something people on here have said to me. Have they been suspended for that, no. But just call the guy an a-hole (an opinion shared by 99% of people who know him, 99.5% if you include his immediate family) and you get a week off with no 2+2. Secondly, if Matusow is so thin-skinned that a few harsh words toward him would prevent him from participating in intellectual debate, do you really want him to participate? Don't you think he's heard worse from better players than me?
Is it my understanding, then, that we can only express our opinions here as long as they don't offend the moderators?
And, if Dynasty doesn't enjoy the power, then why does he brag about it? link
Well, I'll see all of you after the suspension I receive for criticizing Dynasty.
I'll know I've truly made it in the poker world when nobody on 2+2 can say mean things about me that may hurt my feelings.

Beavis68 11-14-2005 12:44 PM

What good does it do me to ignore Smoothcall when someone has to quote everyone of his posts?

MrDannimal 11-14-2005 12:53 PM

Ironically, subject of most recent brouhaha Paul Phillips more or less took care of this a long time ago.

<rolls eyes>

11-14-2005 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must agree with you, sir. He suspended me for calling Mike Matusow an a-hole. The explanation I was given is that they are trying to encourage the t.v. players to participate on these forums and they don't want to create a hostile environment which would discourage them from doing so. Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let us not forget that Mason has personally scared off two pros. He ran Daniel Negreanu out of the forum earlier this year and recently banned Paul Phillips. Of course, it's their board and they can do what they like, but this argument about not wanting to upset the pros is empty.

maryfield48 11-14-2005 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is not treating all the people in the forum equally fairly. Like he feels he can do as he likes. Even if the forum members don't like what he is doing. Not trying to start trouble matt but this is the reality and everyone in this forum knows it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not the reality.

Everyone gets treated fairly/equally. And, I don't feel like I can do whatever I like.

[/ QUOTE ]

With respect, Dynasty, I don't think you can reasonably make the claim that everyone gets treated fairly/equally. That sort of blanket claim hints at hubris. The best you can do is state that that is your intention. It is for others (although not necessarily smoothcall) to judge how fair or even-handed your decisions are.

zipo 11-14-2005 01:16 PM

>>The explanation I was given is that they are trying to encourage the t.v. players to participate on these forums and they don't want to create a hostile environment which would discourage them from doing so. <<

This seems extremely bizarre, given the circumstances of the Paul Phillips sitebanning.

After all, Phillips is a well known pro who often appears on television who had an innocuous post summarily deleted, and then was given an ultimatum to privately and publicly abase himself by apologizing - when he was the one who by any reasonable standard was seriously wronged and offended.

I really can't express my true feelings about the way this incident was handled by the mods and owners of this forum, because that would lead to an immediate and irrevocable sitebanning.

It doesn't need to be plainly expressed anyway - this incident speaks for itself. I will say that I am looking forward to what Phillips has to say about this fiasco on his website.

PsYcHo-ScHnAuZeR 11-14-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let us not forget that Mason has personally scared off two pros. He ran Daniel Negreanu out of the forum earlier this year and recently banned Paul Phillips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a gross mischaracterization. They ran themselves off by expecting to be treated as and acting as prima donnas instead of being solid contributors like (hopefully) the rest of us.