Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Empire did not pay me as a prop, did not even pay me rakeback (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377314)

11-13-2005 12:51 AM

Empire did not pay me as a prop, did not even pay me rakeback

I have been playing on empire for a long time, mid to high limit. I have a very reputable affiliate. When the skins split, the site offered a 100 players, including me, a prop deal for 100% rakeback for a period of 2 months. We were promised to be paid by the 15th of this month for last months play, like we always have been with the regular rakeback.

I got informed by my affiliate that empire did not pay them the money, they told him that the money will come in the december payment. Of course I am furious, because they owe me about 8k. I think chances of getting paid are extremely slim. They will not even pay the regular rakeback %.

Did this happen to anyone else?

bluefeet 11-13-2005 12:55 AM

Re: Empire did not pay me as a prop, did not even pay me rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
promised to be paid by the 15th of this month for last months play

[/ QUOTE ]

...not disputing the understanding between you and your affiliate regarding non-payment, but it is only the 12th? still coming perhaps?

scrapperdog 11-13-2005 12:59 AM

My guess is that you got took by your affiliate. I doubt that Empire was hiring props (dont know for sure). My guess is that your affiliate did get paid the normal % like he usually does and lied to you in order for him to have a huge payday. Now he is stringing you along by saying it will come next month, anything to get you to keep playing.

11-13-2005 01:00 AM

no, the affiliate informed me that they did not receive payment from empire. He is very reputable. He talked to his empire contact, who informed him that the site will not be able to pay till next month. Not a good sign considering they are probably going to merge with another site.

scrapperdog 11-13-2005 01:06 AM

Post this in the affilite/rakeback forum and you will get accurate information if empire paid their affiliates or not.

11-13-2005 01:08 AM

Doubtful. he advised me to immediately stop playing and take all my money out of the site. I do know for a fact that he did get a prop deal offered by the site for a limited amount of people.

Smoothcall 11-13-2005 01:22 AM

Yes i have some friends that are doing the 100 percent rakeback program also and have been informed the same news.

They are very worried. And they are wondering who the people are that have the money. Is this empire? Or is it the affiliates that are considering running with the money? How would they ever know who might be the culprits?

They are also wondering if the major site they are probably gonna get bought out buy has any responsibility to the prop players on empire to make good on the money? If not it will hurt the major poker sites reputation to be doing business with scam artists. And probably cost them alot more money by not making good on empire's debt. As i know my friends who are very big players on that major site now said they will quit playing there(the major site) if it is not honored. And these players make the major site the money owed every single month. And they are young. Banning the major site for the rest of there life will cost the site hundreds of thousands to millions off players like this over there lifetime. And it sounds like they won't honor it as they have bought other skins recently and not honred rakeback owed from those sites. Are we allowed to mention the major site that will be buying empire?

Smoothcall 11-13-2005 01:27 AM

I'm sorry Mat Sklansky. I had no idea we couldn't talk about rake programs. I just looked at your thread right after i posted in this thread. Didn't mean to violate any rules.

11-13-2005 01:30 AM

This thread may end up being important, needs to be moved...

"Captain, I avant got the powerrrrrr"

AAAA 11-13-2005 01:42 AM

The terms of qualifying for the 100% was pretty rigorous, wasn't it? How many qualified who were not already on someone else's affiliate trackers?

SinCityGuy 11-13-2005 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The terms of qualifying for the 100% was pretty rigorous, wasn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Play at least 20 hours per week of 5/10 or higher.

11-13-2005 03:39 AM

Funny thing is that they are paying the people that are not props, just regular rakeback customers. When I asked them to just pay me my regular rakeback % they said they could not do it, did not get the money yet. That sounds so fishy. I would really like to know if it is empire or the affiliate doing this.

Sniper 11-13-2005 05:55 AM

Now that this thread has been moved to the affiliates forum, it seems reasonable that you should state the name of this affiliate.

scrapperdog 11-13-2005 06:47 AM

Empire is not gonna stiff a legit deal that met all the terms. So one of 3 things happened.
1) This was not a legit deal, maybe a misunderstanding between empire and affilate.
2) Terms of the deal were not met.
3) Your affiliate stiffed you.

I dont know much about the 5/10 limit but I do know that I do about 1k mgr playing way way lower. Lets say the 100 people averaged 2k. That would be 200K. Not a bad sendoff for an affiliate of a dying room.

11-13-2005 08:46 AM

I asked my manager about this awhile ago.. he said Empire doesnt use props.. Take that for what its worth, good chance your affiliate just kept your money. If you want, I can perhaps help you find out whats going on, I know alot of the higher ups at Empire. Feel free to pvt msg me

11-13-2005 02:51 PM

Empire (Tradal) paid the affiliates on time.
We had the payment 11/03/2005

11-13-2005 04:52 PM

It is the largest empire affiliate:

We do it all vegas/Pokerhabit

scrapperdog 11-13-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is the largest empire affiliate:

We do it all vegas/Pokerhabit

[/ QUOTE ]

I never heard of them...and I do get rakeback on a number of sites and keep somewhat close track of who has a good reputation. I did check pokerhabit.com and there are 4 sections to the website. "Home" "Links" "FAQ" and "Contact Us". Of these 4 only the "Home" link worked. Too bad you start at the home and nothing happens. The rest of them do nothing.... that is the first indication that is might not be a professionally run business.

The most interesting thing I found was that if you click on the red "Poker Habbit" part it brings you to a site called rakebackprograms.com .... which is now an information site for traveling Costa Rica!!!!!!!

To you and anyone else...use the affiliates listed here in the sticky or on rakerebatereview.com ... unless you have a trip to Costa Rica in mind.

MicroBob 11-13-2005 05:22 PM

I very much doubt they are the largest empire affiliate.

I think you need to strongly consider the possibility that you got had by your affiliate.

morgant 11-13-2005 05:38 PM

i am under the impression empire did not offer prop opportunities as of a little while ago. i am in continual contact with people there and meet them in person on a semi regular basis, so i feel i may know if they do this or not. but nothing is for sure. all the affiliates i know, including myself were paid as usual by empire within the first week of the month.

11-13-2005 05:53 PM

I know who they are, you guys have not heard about them because they keep very quiet and do not advertise. One guy I know signed up more than 500 players for them, who play a lot.Everybody got paid. except for the props.

scrapperdog 11-13-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know who they are, you guys have not heard about them because they keep very quiet and do not advertise. One guy I know signed up more than 500 players for them, who play a lot.Everybody got paid. except for the props.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude you believe this crap? The above statement alone would convince me that someone is lying to you.

MicroBob 11-13-2005 06:50 PM

There's a guy who I know who has a friend or boss or something who does sports-betting and is very successful at it.
He's trying to get enough money together so that he can purchase this guy's 'expert' picks.
They're pretty good friends so he knows that this isn't full of it or anything.

Evidently, the sports-expert guy buys his own radio time to promote his 1-900 number...and supposedly he wins 75% of the time. And if you don't win on his 5-star picks you get your money back.

The guy that wondered if I wanted to get into this with him refused to believe that it's impossible to win 75% of your sports-picks (as I informed him).
And insisted that this guy wasn't lying because he knows him really, really well.

If this guy really DOES buy the 'experts' picks he's going to be sorely disappointed at the results.

You REALLY REALLY need to consider the possibility that you've been had.

You also need to listen to yourself a bit.

They're the biggest Empire affiliate...yet nobody's heard of them because they don't advertise.

Don't you think somebody would have heard of them if they were the biggest?

I'm not saying it's a DEFINITE that you've been had.
But you seem completely unwilling to accept that it could be a possibility

11-13-2005 07:00 PM

I was just giving facts about what I know about them. I know a lot of players who signed up with them. All the non-props got paid, a lot of them are my friends. I know there is a lot of 2+2 posters who signed up with them, I wish they would read this and come forward.

I am seriously thinking I got taken as well. I never would deny that. I would just like to find out of anyone else knows more about this/could find out more info through someone else at empire.

morgant 11-13-2005 07:01 PM

i am curious why you created this handle? Are you a lurker or a regular poster here. Seems you only appeared to make this post?

There are many affiliates who have more than 500 players with empire, whether they be rakeback affils or not.

11-13-2005 07:02 PM

Also, this is an e-mail I got from the in-between guy:

Subject: Empire prop players..

Empire has informed me of three things:

!. Players on the prop list will not be paid for last month until our normal December pay date (15Th).

2. The total amount Empire owes you will be available to me this Friday.

3. The end date for all prop jobs ends this month on the 15th.

dutchgrl 11-13-2005 07:04 PM

I have been under this affiliate for a long time, and the info is correct. they are the biggest. I am waiting on my prop money as well.

11-13-2005 07:08 PM

I have always read the posts here, but never posted myself. This whole deal really upset me, and I wanted to get to the bottom of it, and maybe someone here has more info about it.

MicroBob 11-13-2005 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am seriously thinking I got taken as well. I never would deny that.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay. just as long as you are considering that it's a possibility and are attempting to be objective about the situation.

dutchgrl 11-13-2005 09:09 PM

The e-mail I got was a little different, thought I would post it. Here it is:

Subject: Subject: Empire prop players..

Empire has informed me of three things:

!. Players on the prop list will not be paid for last month until our normal December pay date (15Th). This means you will not be paid on time this month.

2. The total amount Empire owes you will be available to me (as a figure, not cash) this Friday

3. The end date for all prop jobs ends this month on the 15th.

Pokeraddict 11-13-2005 11:03 PM

What percent of the total rake does Empire get from Party? It does not make sense to me you would have a 100% rakeback deal from a skin getting 50-60% from IGM, much less through an affiliate and not a contracted prop management company.

VinnyTheFish 11-13-2005 11:49 PM

I cannot wait till this site is DONE!

Ban the Ban'ers!

11-13-2005 11:58 PM

Yes, this happened to me also. I still haven't been paid--not even my regular rake back percentage. This is what we were promised:

11-14-2005 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been under this affiliate for a long time, and the info is correct. they are the biggest. I am waiting on my prop money as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think they are the biggest? Because they said so?? I hope you all get your money, but it seems fishy.

Sniper 11-14-2005 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What percent of the total rake does Empire get from Party? It does not make sense to me you would have a 100% rakeback deal from a skin getting 50-60% from IGM...

[/ QUOTE ]

The skins were getting roughly 90% of the rake from their players.

jman220 11-14-2005 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What percent of the total rake does Empire get from Party? It does not make sense to me you would have a 100% rakeback deal from a skin getting 50-60% from IGM...

[/ QUOTE ]

The skins were getting roughly 90% of the rake from their players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which still doesn't explain how Empire was willing to pay out 100%... Unless they meant 100% of their 90% share. But, really, I think this guy's been had. Two people on 2+2 have come forward that they are under this guy who is "the biggest affiliate out there" that nobody has ever heard of...

Smoothcall 11-14-2005 02:20 PM

BREAKING NEWS, EMPIRE HAS SAID PEOPLE WILL BE PAID TOMORROW HOPEFULLY!

I have heard today that empire is sending money to the affiliates tomorrow, and paying the props tomorrow. Knock on wood for the props!

SinCityGuy 11-14-2005 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think they are the biggest? Because they said so??

[/ QUOTE ]

They had over 2,000 people signed up at Empire, including me. I don't know if they're the biggest, but if not, they're on a very short list.

11-14-2005 02:47 PM

I also work with them.

Obviously a little worried, though todays news seems promising.

Sniper 11-14-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which still doesn't explain how Empire was willing to pay out 100%... Unless they meant 100% of their 90% share. But, really, I think this guy's been had. Two people on 2+2 have come forward that they are under this guy who is "the biggest affiliate out there" that nobody has ever heard of...

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't surprise me that props were offered 100% rakeback... other prop firms offers more than 100% rakeback for play at other sites.

It wouldn't surprise me that an enterprising affiliate manager cut a short-term deal with an affiliate to keep 100 high volume players around and active, during the month after the Party split.

It wouldn't surprise me that some of the large non-rakeback affiliates have been forced to pay rakeback to their more knowledgable customers, to keep them from jumping ship once they learned about rakeback!

It wouldn't surprise me that this forum will bring out of the shadows info on some previously not well known affiliates.