Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I F@$%#n Suck At Poker - Aggr. Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375086)

toss 11-09-2005 03:53 PM

I F@$%#n Suck At Poker - Aggr. Betting

I'm too Tight and I'm too Aggr. when I have nothing and too weak when I do.

3/6 Kill Game UB - Villain is 22.9/10.7/2.85 after 131 Hands. River aggr. 2.33.

I raise with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from UTG+1, Villain calls on the Button, Killer calls in the SB. 3 to the flop for 6.5 SBs.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Sb checks, I bet, they call.

Turn is 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Sb checks, I bet, only villain calls.

River is 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Bet/fold, check/fold, check/call, bet/call? 6.75BB in the pot.

shant 11-09-2005 03:55 PM

Re: I F@$%#n Suck At Poker - Aggr. Betting

I really have no idea what a player with these stats coldcalls with and plays like this so I'd bet/fold.

hobbsmann 11-09-2005 04:05 PM

bet/fold.

toss 11-09-2005 04:20 PM

I took the weaktight nit path and check/called. He showed A9s. I suck.

WillMagic 11-09-2005 04:22 PM

Seems like a pretty standard bet/fold. I'm not too enthusiastic about your prospects...but checking is just not good.

Will

11-09-2005 04:26 PM

I like the flop and turn. I like a check/call with that river aggression. I expect to split.

edit: after thinking about it and reading the other posts. I have changed my thoughts to bet/fold. Bet because weaker hands will check through.

crazygoose 11-09-2005 04:31 PM

I would check call given the fact that they are caling you to the river with some sort of legitimate hand or a draw. I don't think you are ahead 50% of the time so betting I think is wrong. check calling is good because some of the time you will induce a bluff. enough to make it better anyways.

crazygoose 11-09-2005 04:31 PM

Also I fold preflop.

toss 11-09-2005 04:32 PM

It was 6 or 7 handed.

crazygoose 11-09-2005 04:35 PM

ok. On second htought. Given that the there is no flush draw on the board come the turn I would have to have a read of this guy calling down with a lot of second best hands for me to even check call this. Your hand really isnt that strong against a 22 who called 2 cold preflop.

11-09-2005 04:49 PM

I like a check-call here. There's no straight or flush possibility here with a board of A-K-4-4-9. I would put Villian on one of the following 3 hands:

1. Busted straight draw. Though perhaps far-fetched, a lot of players like to chase Broadway gutshots, so Q-J, J-T, or Q-T are all possibilities. If you check, he may try to bluff at the pot, whereas if you bet out, he's not going to call with his busted draw.

2. A-x. If Villian has an Ace, he's not going to fold, and would perhaps raise, as he's got Aces up with the King kicker on board. If Villian has you beat like this, why give him the chance to raise you, causing you to either (1) pay 2 BBs to see his hand; or (2) fold to his raise and wonder what he has?

3. K-x. If Villian only has Kings-up with the Ace kicker, you chop the pot with Villian.

11-09-2005 05:09 PM

Does anyone else fold this hand preflop? Even 6-7 handed, this holding is nothing but trouble from EP.

toss 11-09-2005 05:11 PM

I think its a pretty easy raise. Especially with the extra dead $$ in the SB.

11-09-2005 05:12 PM

I think that middle pairs should be added to the hand range.

toss 11-09-2005 07:02 PM

You're leaving out midpairs here. What if he's calling down with QQ or lower? I have a fair hand and I'm proabably more of an underdog. However betting is still better than checking because checking leaves us in a worse situation than if we had bet.