Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Steve Danemann... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373298)

shaniac 11-07-2005 01:39 AM

Steve Danemann...

Wins tournament!

Dynasty 11-07-2005 01:49 AM

Re: Steve Danemann...

It looks like Steve is getting a head start on giving some credibility to his second place finish.

slickpoppa 11-07-2005 03:32 AM

I still dont like him

miami32 11-07-2005 04:20 AM

He has a long road to go.

2+2 wannabe 11-07-2005 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like Steve is getting a head start on giving some credibility to his second place finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was only 77 players in this bad boy

I have no idea if he's good or not, but winning a tournament with 77 entries doesn't do much for me (albeit, maybe a little)

sublyme 11-07-2005 04:39 AM

To be fair, it was 77 players who ponied up 1000 each; hopefully people playing for that type of buy-in aren't complete home game players.

shaniac 11-07-2005 05:26 AM

They're not the toughest 1K tournaments in the world, but they aren't cakewalks usually either. The structure is pretty good, T3K to start 25/50 blinds and 40 minute levels.

Needless to say, it takes some skills to win. Danemann might be a mediocre home-game player but it's certainly possible that he's a decent NL tourney player.

cpitt398 11-07-2005 08:09 AM

I was playing at the next table over while this final table was going on. Steve seemed to be having a good time chatting throughout. Saying nothing about his poker play, he is a nice guy if nothing else. I witnessed him tip the cocktail waitress $20 for a coke and make a deal with the 2nd place finisher when he got to heads up with a huge chip lead.

Steve either went ahead and chopped it even with him or at the very least gave jeff more than he originally asked for. All in all he seemed like a class act.

I know a high stakes limit player that plays lower stakes no limit tournies ($1000 entry=low stakes for him) tht wont chop b/c the difference is insignificant to him). Not saying that is right or wrong I still think letting the other player have a little more of the pool than is equitable b/c he probably needs it more than you is a class act no matter how unpoker like it actually is.

gobboboy 11-07-2005 12:09 PM

He actually does seem like a good guy and his first appearance on the WSOP was definitely blown out of proportion. The last few episodes have shown him in a better light.

LLKOOLK1 11-07-2005 12:57 PM

Hes also doing ok in the WSOP TOC
http://cardplayer.com/poker-tourname...mp;screen=logs
30 players left from original 114, and he has just below average stack
ehhh, I still dont like em either
-LL

11-07-2005 05:05 PM

It'll be nice to have him on the "Tournaments = 2" field in PokerPages. Tournaments = 1 kinda looks donkey-ish.

UATrewqaz 11-07-2005 05:09 PM

His new table image as a "big time player" might help him.

Clueless people might be all "That guy finished 2nd in the WSOP ME! *gulp*" and let him walk over them.

AKA his success is breeding more success.

tpir90036 11-07-2005 05:13 PM

All I know is that he has a lot of N's in his name.

shaniac 11-07-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

His new table image as a "big time player" might help him.

Clueless people might be all "That guy finished 2nd in the WSOP ME! *gulp*" and let him walk over them.

AKA his success is breeding more success.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with him post WSOP but pre-broadcast. He's pretty unassuming, you might even say "goofy." I doubt he's trying to come off as a "big time player." I think his only offense is being overly gregarious.

UMTerp 11-07-2005 09:26 PM

This TOC showing might shut up a few people on here if he plays well for the TV cameras... he seems to be doing quite well for himself post-WSOP.

ligastar 11-07-2005 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This TOC showing might shut up a few people on here if he plays well for the TV cameras... he seems to be doing quite well for himself post-WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve makes TOC final table. The guy is no fluke.

1. Phil Hellmuth - $281,500 (Seat 4)
2. Mike Matusow - $179,000 (Seat 9)
3. Brandon Adams - $135,500 (Seat 7)
4. Tony Bloom - $130,000 (Seat 8)
5. Steve Dannenmann - $122,000 (Seat 1)
6. Keith Sexton - $95,500 (Seat 6)
7. Hoyt Corkins - $95,000 (Seat 5)
8. Grant Lang - $61,500 (Seat 2)
9. David Levi - $41,000 (Seat 3)

wadea 11-08-2005 01:14 AM

It kind of looks like he may have the best seat at the table. Relative to the small and big stacks, he's in a great spot.

Klepton 11-08-2005 03:09 AM

my conversation with steve danemann in the bathroom of the bellagio this weekend:

"hey mr. danemann."
"hello."
"congrats on winning a lot of money."
"thank you."

augie00 11-08-2005 10:41 AM

He is the DERB of tournament poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Kyle Stark 11-08-2005 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve seemed to be having a good time chatting throughout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he on his cell phone after every hand?

*yeah i just bluffed out this donkey, mom lol!!11one!*

NLfool 11-08-2005 11:08 AM

so far the only "bad" play he made was putting the decision to Lederer with K5 on a 252 flop. He's been shown on like 3 hands and only one is debatable, but he put the decision to a smaller stack and never called. So besides the phone call which looks like it could've taken place at any time frame and simply inserted, his play is fine and his results are stellar.

Pedigree 11-08-2005 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Steve seemed to be having a good time chatting throughout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he on his cell phone after every hand?

*yeah i just bluffed out this donkey, mom lol!!11one!*

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. At that point it was hand for hand and there was 10 minutes between every hand. If you had 10 minutes to stand around you'd be calling somebody too...

augie00 11-08-2005 12:13 PM

It was a jopke. OPPZ.

anduril 11-08-2005 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there was only 77 players in this bad boy

I have no idea if he's good or not, but winning a tournament with 77 entries doesn't do much for me (albeit, maybe a little)

[/ QUOTE ]

he wins a 77 person tourney: no respect
he gets 2nd in a 5619 person tourney: no respect

does he need 17 WSOP bracelets before he's OK at poker?

Aceshigh7 11-08-2005 02:13 PM

How can you give a guy respect who is playing heads up for 7.5 million and just dumps off his chips because, in his words, "I was bored."?

Autocratic 11-08-2005 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you give a guy respect who is playing heads up for 7.5 million and just dumps off his chips because, in his words, "I was bored."?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because being infatuated with money, while common, is not a virtue.

Aceshigh7 11-08-2005 02:48 PM

Not saying it is, and he may possibly be a very nice guy. All I am saying is that I can't respect him as a poker player because, at least in the WSOP ME when he was heads up, by his own admission, he didn't give his best effort. He dumped off his chips.

You work for several days and are heads up at the final table with millions on the line. Doesn't matter that you've already locked up several million, you have a chance for much more. Doesn't matter if you're tired, or if you're bored. This is a chance that comes along once in a lifetime. You suck it up, refocus, and give yourself the very best chance to win. Instead of doing that, he just rolled over, by his own admission.

B Dids 11-08-2005 02:55 PM

Lol, I accidentally was sweating this for 5 minutes.

AKA

I was sitting next to some table waiting to buy chips at the cage and thought "that looks like Dannemann"

We got asked to step back and were like "huh, what, we're not even watching".

11-08-2005 03:00 PM

We should love this guy. Because he could be anyone of you. He plays in a homegame which many of us do. He probably plays online and he's a friggin accountant. Hello he's the regular guy who can play. I hope someday to do as well as he. Quit critizing the guy.

lighterjobs 11-08-2005 03:42 PM

Why does everyone not like him?

he seems like a nice enough guy. jealousy, I guess.

Dynasty 11-08-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of doing that, he just rolled over, by his own admission.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, what he did was put all his money in the pot with top pair of Aces and an open-ended straight draw.