Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   PokerAce GameTime+ PlayerView (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373122)

kamjah 11-06-2005 08:09 PM

PokerAce GameTime+ PlayerView

Hi all, i did some searching, and was not able to find any significant information stating the differences (pros/cons) of these three PokerTracker addons softwares. If you could add any input you have on any of these softwares, that would be great. From what i have found, PokerAce and GameTime+ are free products, and PlayerView costs about 50 bucks. (correct?). Thanks in advance for your input.

-kamjah

kamjah 11-06-2005 09:13 PM

Re: PokerAce GameTime+ PlayerView

anybody?

11-06-2005 09:46 PM

PAHUD just went commercial. It costs $25 bucks. GT+ is free. PA supports more sites than GT+ (in my own experience at least, ymmv), and it also displays mucked hands at showdown on your screen automatically. GT+ looks better. Besides this one detail they offer about the same functionality.

Never used PV.

PokerAce 11-07-2005 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all, i did some searching, and was not able to find any significant information stating the differences (pros/cons) of these three PokerTracker addons softwares. If you could add any input you have on any of these softwares, that would be great. From what i have found, PokerAce and GameTime+ are free products, and PlayerView costs about 50 bucks. (correct?). Thanks in advance for your input.

-kamjah

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerAce Hud offers everything that PlayerView does, and more.

As for GT+, there are significant differences. PA Hud automatically recognizes tables and places stats on them without you needing to sit down, play hands and import them into PokerTracker. This helps a lot when you are practicing table selection.

Another benefit is that PokerAce Hud offers over 50 different stats for each of your opponents. As far as I know, GT+ offers maybe a dozen or so.

PA Hud also automatically shows you losing hands that were mucked at showdown.

In addition to this, PA Hud supports multiple databases, tournaments, uses less resources, and if you desire, can be made up to look nearly identical to GT+.

PokerAce Hud takes slightly longer to configure, but once you are setup, it's much easier to use each time you want to play. There's also a very detailed tutorial that makes setup a lot easier.

I'm not trying to spam here. I only wanted to make those who didn't already know aware of the differences between the software. I can't directly link to my site, but you can find the URL in my profile.

PlayerView and PokerAce Hud are both commercial, but offer trial periods. GT+ is free. I suggest you try each one and determine which you think helps you more.

DoomSlice 11-07-2005 01:57 AM

Any benefits to upgrading from .33 to v1? I know I'll sound like a dick, but I don't want to pay for the damn thing if I can keep what I already have.

GoCubsGo 11-07-2005 02:04 AM

I just switched programs a couple weeks ago and it has helped so much. PokerAce pwns GT. The ability to find tables automatically sets it apart.

kamjah 11-07-2005 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just switched programs a couple weeks ago and it has helped so much. PokerAce pwns GT. The ability to find tables automatically sets it apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you elaborate on the table finding feature?

PokerAce 11-07-2005 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any benefits to upgrading from .33 to v1? I know I'll sound like a dick, but I don't want to pay for the damn thing if I can keep what I already have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Version .33 will expire in about a week, after which you won't be able to use it anymore. Version 1.0 has several bug fixes and the version that will be released here shortly will have even more bug fixes.

Do you feel the $25 price tag is too high, or do you feel PA Hud isn't worth paying for? Do you feel you're getting poor support?

PokerAce 11-07-2005 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe what he's referring to is that all you need to do is to open a table and PokerAce Hud will automatically recognize the table and put stats on it without you needing to do anything.

tomdemaine 11-07-2005 03:01 AM

Pokerace is outstanding and the support is second only to PT and getting closer. Buy it now before they come to their senses and raise the price [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

kamjah 11-07-2005 03:02 AM

well then, i guess i'll just have to wait till i get pokertracker and see =) you seem very helpfull pokerace, thanks for the info

PokerAce 11-07-2005 03:06 AM

Yes, you will definitely want to get PokerTracker. I'd say about 99% of those who have bought and use PokerTracker will swear by it.

I try to be as helpful as I can. If you have any specific questions, you can post them on my forums - no registration required.

4_2_it 11-07-2005 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe what he's referring to is that all you need to do is to open a table and PokerAce Hud will automatically recognize the table and put stats on it without you needing to do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that feature for Pokerstars? I haven't seen it yet (truthfully, I didn't realize it was there).

beset7 11-07-2005 12:39 PM

gametime+ is free

JustToast 11-07-2005 12:55 PM

PokerAce HUD is far, far better. Far.

theblitz 11-07-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gametime+ is free

[/ QUOTE ]
As the Talmud says: (honestly)

"When you getting something free, it's worth what you paid for it"

kyleb 11-07-2005 01:25 PM

Josh has provided nothing but excellent customer service and support for me, and his program is amazing. I was on the original donators list and was glad to support a budding software developer. $25 is well, WELL worth the price.

kamjah 11-07-2005 01:27 PM

yeah, i just tried gametime+ and i already don't like it too much

4_2_it 11-07-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerAce HUD is far, far better. Far.

[/ QUOTE ]

You speak the truth.

beavens 11-07-2005 02:24 PM

used to use PlayerView, but i stopped playing for a while.

recently started playing again and the word on the street is that PAHud is the way to go.

plunked down a measley $25 and i was ready to go a few hours later.

i have no problems supporting the authors of software like PT and PAHud.

PokerAce 11-07-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does that feature for Pokerstars? I haven't seen it yet (truthfully, I didn't realize it was there).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you have the option selected. With PokerStars, there are two ways to use PA Hud. One that uses the Instant Hand History window and one that uses the Hand History directory. Using the IHH method allows you to see stats on observed tables. Using the Hand History method requires that you be seated and dealt into the hand.

There's more information in the tutorial on my website (see profile).

Also, I should point out that the latest PokerStars update broke the auto-launching of the IHH window feature of PA Hud. You should go to the Requests menu and choose Display Instant Hand History prior to opening any tables.

11-07-2005 06:23 PM

I used PAHUD for a little bit, and it, in my opinion, was horrible. I play at pokerstars, fwiw. It does have the nifty little feature of automatically finding tables, however, it was extremely difficult to set it up for my tables, and it displayed things incorrectly, ie: stats at the wrong spot, and mucked showdown cards on the wrong spot. Also, it stopped working once they started selling it. This made me very angry, but whatever, if you want to make money, have fun, it just isn't cool to relinquish the use from people who helped you while it was testing. I use Gametime+ now, and I find it massively superior, except it doesn't auto show mucked cards. Stats for every player are shown, taken from action only at the table, whereas you need x number of hands with PAHUD to get stats to show up.

4_2_it 11-07-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you have the option selected. With PokerStars, there are two ways to use PA Hud. One that uses the Instant Hand History window and one that uses the Hand History directory. Using the IHH method allows you to see stats on observed tables. Using the Hand History method requires that you be seated and dealt into the hand.

There's more information in the tutorial on my website (see profile).

Also, I should point out that the latest PokerStars update broke the auto-launching of the IHH window feature of PA Hud. You should go to the Requests menu and choose Display Instant Hand History prior to opening any tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Josh. I am not very tech savy, so I never would have found that one.

kamjah 11-07-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used PAHUD for a little bit, and it, in my opinion, was horrible. I play at pokerstars, fwiw. It does have the nifty little feature of automatically finding tables, however, it was extremely difficult to set it up for my tables, and it displayed things incorrectly, ie: stats at the wrong spot, and mucked showdown cards on the wrong spot. Also, it stopped working once they started selling it. This made me very angry, but whatever, if you want to make money, have fun, it just isn't cool to relinquish the use from people who helped you while it was testing. I use Gametime+ now, and I find it massively superior, except it doesn't auto show mucked cards. Stats for every player are shown, taken from action only at the table, whereas you need x number of hands with PAHUD to get stats to show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

well judging by the majority it seems like pokerace works pretty good. i myself downloaded it today and it works flawlessly. it seems like your problem is a pretty isolated one maybe based on software or config problems. your fully entitled to your opinions, but your practically attacking the creator of pokerace for problems that nobody else seems to have had. and if he wants to sell his software, he has every right to being that he dedicated his time and resources into it to help out the rest of the community.

PokerAce 11-07-2005 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you playing on a 6 max table? If you were and if you would've read the tutorial, you would've found that you need to right-click the table name in PA Hud and tell it to treat the table as 6 max.

The reason it "stopped working" was because PokerStars made an update to their software that broke the code in PA Hud that automatically opens the Instant Hand History window. All you need to do is open it manually before you start playing and things will work normally. This will be fixed in the next version.

You can also change the minimum hands required in PA Hud and tell it to filter for the current session only if that's what you wish.

DoomSlice 11-07-2005 10:41 PM

I just see no reason in paying $25 for the ability to auto-load tables. GT+ is available free, and as far as I can tell, auto-load is the only functionality that is missing.

4_2_it 11-07-2005 10:52 PM

It is much more than that, but if GT+ works for you, then no argument will convince you otherwise. I believe PA HUD is superior (I have used them both for over 20k hands), but maybe it is a Cadillac and you are happy with your Toyota. To each his own.

SnakePit 11-08-2005 02:49 AM

Josh,

Does version 1.00 support miniview (UB and Prima)?

The one thing that I really like about GT+ is the ability to hang the stats around the periphery of the Miniview windows. Can I do this with PAHUD?

Also, specifially on Prima, I like to set my table options so that I'm always seated at the same table location. This heelps tremendously when Multitabling. I've been playing 6 Max nearly exclusively and get a lot of decisions thrown in my lap every so often. I find that it's much easier to always look in the same relative table position to act in reasonable time.

With GT+ on Prima, I've got to shuffle the stats around to make sure they're at the correct seat.

I tried PAHUD a month or so ago and really liked the configurability, autofind, etc. but wasn't really able to use it how I would like due to the issue(s) above.

- Snake

PokerAce 11-08-2005 03:15 AM

Snake,

Version 1.0 does not support the mini views or the seating issue. These things are on my list though and they will be done. There's just not enough hours in the day I'm afraid. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]