Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Terrel Owens Suspended indef (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372412)

11-05-2005 01:38 PM

Terrel Owens Suspended indef

ESPN.

sublime 11-05-2005 02:02 PM

Re: Terrel Owens Suspended indef

Boris................

11-05-2005 02:12 PM

Good for them. TO is a selfish narcissist who knows nothing about what it means to be part of a team. I wish more baseball frontmen had stones like the Eagles' brass.

LargeCents 11-05-2005 02:49 PM

Biggest talent, biggest headcase. Eagles are better off without him right now.

benfranklin 11-05-2005 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest talent, biggest headcase.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The Vikings are a lot better off without Randy Moss.

Oh, wait. We are talking about TO. Never mind.

pryor15 11-05-2005 03:15 PM

about [censored] time.

imported_CaseClosed326 11-05-2005 03:17 PM

Does anyone else think this pretty much puts the Eagles out of the playoff race?

private joker 11-05-2005 03:19 PM

Is it worth it taking on a guy like T.O. (or Moss, or Keyshawn, or any of these mouthy prima donna receivers) if you're going to end up suspending him anyway when he mouths off? If you spend millions on a Pro-Bowler who alienates his former teams by being a dick, aren't you accepting his baggage too? Why even pick up a head case if you won't use him when his attitude eventually boils over?

Dynasty 11-05-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think this pretty much puts the Eagles out of the playoff race?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

ohkanada 11-05-2005 03:23 PM

The thing is he is injured and may have missed a game or two. So all they are doing is not paying him. The article says he can only be suspended by the team for 4 games. Interesting to see how this works out.

Ken

Dynasty 11-05-2005 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is he is injured and may have missed a game or two. So all they are doing is not paying him. The article says he can only be suspended by the team for 4 games. Interesting to see how this works out.

[/ QUOTE ]

TO's injury comments were mostly BS. He practiced at full speed this week.

Clarkmeister 11-05-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't put them "out" of it, but I think they were a dog to make the playoffs even before this happened. This just makes them a longer shot.

imported_CaseClosed326 11-05-2005 03:47 PM

Yeah, when a team that passes ~75% of the time loses their pro-bowl reciever it really puts them in a rough spot.

TheCroShow 11-05-2005 03:57 PM

that sucks =/ i like TO, one of the few ppl in the world that enjoys his antics

holeplug 11-05-2005 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it worth it taking on a guy like T.O. (or Moss, or Keyshawn, or any of these mouthy prima donna receivers) if you're going to end up suspending him anyway when he mouths off? If you spend millions on a Pro-Bowler who alienates his former teams by being a dick, aren't you accepting his baggage too? Why even pick up a head case if you won't use him when his attitude eventually boils over?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally no, but in the Eagles case yes for two reasons. They badly needed a #1 WR (i'm sure everyone remembers the Eagles/Panthers NFC Championship game) to get them over the hump and into the Super Bowl. He did that for them last year. Now he was injured for the NFC playoffs but they would not have gone 13-1 without him last year. On the field he accomplished what they brought him in for.

The 2nd reason is b/c they did not sign him to a huge cap killing deal so after this season is over they can release him and just move on.

11-05-2005 05:43 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T.O.

imported_anacardo 11-05-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that sucks =/ i like TO, one of the few ppl in the world that enjoys his antics

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take this the wrong way, but you really seem to like everybody that sucks.

Consider eschewing evil once in a while.

queenwithatrey 11-05-2005 06:04 PM

Is this going to turn into a Keyshawn Johnson situation? I can't imagine any team sitting one of the top players at his position in the game because he complains a lot. Especially Philly who has nobody at WR besides him.

lastchance 11-05-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Without Akers and McNabb at full strength, plus the NFC East, I didn't have them making the playoffs anyway.

judgesmails 11-05-2005 09:05 PM

Was TO right?

He should not have publicly stated a couple things, but it is interesting to consider if what he said has some merit.

Would the Eagles be better with a healthy Favre over an injured McNabb?

Should the Eagles have publicly recognized TO's 100th career TD?

As for healthy Favre vs. injured McNabb, I don't think it is too much of a stretch to state this. But by saying it publicly, TO just damages an already bad relationship with his QB.

As for the organization ignoring his individual accomplishment - I think the Eagles could have done wonders for their relationship with TO by showing him a little appreciation here. And it may have gone a ways toward shutting him up for the rest of the year and he may not have opened his big mouth about McNabb.

The Eagles management is a little too hardline with their players, not just TO. It has worked in recent years but they are starting to reap what they sow. Corey Simon has been sorely missed and has helped put the Colts D over the top. NFL games are won and lost by the best players on the field, not the average players. The Eagles are flirting with disaster if they think they can just run good players out of town if they make a few waves. Westbrook may be the next to go.

Maulik 11-05-2005 09:06 PM

does this mean the Redskins will have a much easier game at home tomorrow night?

I'll be specific: After the Giants owner passed away the Giants played with more intensity than they have all season. This will either be a huge let down for their organization or a time to rally without TO.

Triumph36 11-05-2005 09:12 PM

Re: Was TO right?

Exactly where is Terrell Owens going to go after Philadelphia?

No one wants to deal with him. What team needs that much help at wideout and is willing to shell out those kind of dollars, and has the kind of offense TO wants to work with?

Name 5 teams that want Terrell Owens right now.

wonderwes 11-05-2005 10:05 PM

It should also be noted that the eagles have not resigned Brian Westbrook, because I think they plan to test the free agent market. Free agents, 2 are Shaun Alexander and Edge James.

The Eagles were in bad shape before this. Now we will watch Mcnabb get a 4th injury.

wonderwes 11-06-2005 01:07 AM

Hey look, on sportscenter its 24/7 T.O. coverage. Coverage... of the same story.

Maulik 11-06-2005 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey look, on sportscenter its 24/7 T.O. coverage. Coverage... of the same story.

[/ QUOTE ]

solid, drama.

AngryCola 11-06-2005 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They were out before this. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

pryor15 11-06-2005 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, there's the Raiders and...um...probably a couple of CFL teams and...uh...the Raiders.

Eurotrash 11-06-2005 04:16 PM

CBS report during the Jets game said TO will play tonight vs. the Skins

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/8931/gophly6pm.jpg

11-06-2005 04:19 PM

I'm sick of hearing about this low-life F***ing bum. ESPN is dispicable for plastering this all over TV.

Don't give this bum any more publicity.

I hate TO and I hate ESPN. What does this nonsense teach kids about how to act?

F*** TO, I hope he gets crippled and can never play football anymore.

F*** you TO

Dynasty 11-06-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tbink you misinterpreted something.

Owens is inactive for this week's game "due to injury". That allows Philadelphia to start the suspension next week (or later). The Eagles want that because the CBA allows NFL teams to suspend players without pay for a maximum of four weeks.

Eurotrash 11-06-2005 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tbink you misinterpreted something.

Owens is inactive for this week's game "due to injury". That allows Philadelphia to start the suspension next week (or later). The Eagles want that because the CBA allows NFL teams to suspend players without pay for a maximum of four weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, ok. I really wasn't the one who interpreted it, though. I listened as one of the commentators told me this, so I really have no idea.

Steve00007 11-06-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly where is Terrell Owens going to go after Philadelphia?

No one wants to deal with him. What team needs that much help at wideout and is willing to shell out those kind of dollars, and has the kind of offense TO wants to work with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for teams in the league, but I would definitely want TO on my team. Even if I owned a team like the Colts or the Patriots, I would definitely want Owens. There is no player better at the position than Owens, and if you team him up with a qb like Manning, Brady, or even Favre, TO would provide a big boost to their stats, just like he did with McNabb a year ago, and just like Moss has down with Culpepper in recent years.

His public comments with the Eagles were not a big deal at all, except with the media, who loves to talk about this stuff, and the fans, if they like to talk about this stuff. So he thinks that Brett Favre, one of the greatest qbs ever, would lead his team to more wins than an injured McNabb, and he was upset about the team not doing more to celebrate his 100th td. I don't see the big deal about all of this. If this was another NFL player, I wonder how much media attention it would receive. Because it's TO, it's blown way out of proportion.

Steve00007 11-06-2005 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Now they can finish in last place and acquire something they haven't in years: A top 10 pick in the draft.

Publos Nemesis 11-06-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T.O.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah. Go 'Skins!

imported_CaseClosed326 11-06-2005 05:03 PM

Do you think a team like Greenbay who has no one to play WR thinks that TO's punk mouth is that big of a deal?

thatpfunk 11-06-2005 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick of hearing about this low-life F***ing bum. ESPN is dispicable for plastering this all over TV.

F*** you TO

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, speaking your mind and doing TD celebrations is way worse than wishing a crippling injury to someone. God forbid.

11-06-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

F*** you TO

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, speaking your mind and doing TD celebrations is way worse than wishing a crippling injury to someone. God forbid.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all up to God. I'm not God. God can giveth and taketh away. And I'm sure it wouldn't hurt too many people to see "TO" in a wheelchair.

This bum has a great talent and yet he's the most immoral player in the league. Even if Ray Lewis HAD murdered that guy, he'd still be public enemy number 1.

F*** you TO, you F***in bum.

ThaSaltCracka 11-06-2005 10:42 PM

no mention of TO getting into a fight with Hugh Douglas??

Steve00007 11-06-2005 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think a team like Greenbay who has no one to play WR thinks that TO's punk mouth is that big of a deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

They may not think his mouth is that big of a deal, but they definitely would think his abilities at the WR position are.

Triumph36 11-06-2005 11:05 PM

Yes, and furthermore:

Do you really think Terrell Owens wants to play in Green Bay? Green Bay?

TO would never play for Green Bay, and Green Bay would never sign a malcontent like TO. Some organizations are far-sighted enough to avoid this kind of circus.