Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   taking someones SATs for them, for a fee (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368710)

Voltron87 10-31-2005 02:21 AM

taking someones SATs for them, for a fee

Someone just asked if I would be interested in taking the SATs for a friend of theirs, for a fee. The person who is getting me in touch is a person I trust, I trust them personally and they have good judgement. The person who is interested in paying me has $$$ and is legit. I am very qualified to do this, I would definitely satisfy the score they need and would treat it seriously and prepare. I am also qualified because I am a smart guy and have common sense, etc, and I have become a gambler at heart. So I have the score ability and the right mindset to do this.

questions for you:

1. How much would you charge for this? Assume the person paying is wealthy.

2. Any other advice? I can't think of any specific questions.

The funny part about this is that when I took my SATs, I did not give a [censored]. not at all. no preparation, i just mailed it in. I did well. But if I did this I would take it seriously, prepare, and even be somewhat nervous. thats just interesting to me.

TheMetetron 10-31-2005 02:23 AM

Re: taking someones SATs for them, for a fee

Don't they check ID? I assume a fake...

Also, I'd charge $1,000 if you can give them 1400+ score. It may be worth more, depending how dumb they are.

Dynasty 10-31-2005 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should ask a lawyer about what laws you would be breaking and how severe the punishment could be?

Non_Comformist 10-31-2005 02:24 AM

I never took my SAT's but I'm assuming whoever conducts the test actively works to prevent this type of thing.

I would charge $3 a point once you've met some minimum required score.

Tron 10-31-2005 02:24 AM

Man, this is really, really, horribly unethical.

tom441lbk 10-31-2005 02:26 AM

I'd say charge a big fee, then even bigger based on the score that you get, and how good it is, maybe a clause having something to do with "if you get caught"

JaBlue 10-31-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it is.

I got offers to do this and to write college essays for people but I turned both down.

Pat Southern 10-31-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say charge a big fee, then even bigger based on the score that you get, and how good it is, maybe a clause having something to do with "if you get caught"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure any contract that deals with illegal activity isn't valid.

tom441lbk 10-31-2005 02:29 AM

Tron 10-31-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it is.

I got offers to do this and to write college essays for people but I turned both down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote some two-page essays for some kids in 7th, or maybe 8th, grade Social Studies, and those fuckers never paid me. I never did that again. So luckily I got out of the academic dishonesty game early and without doing great harm.

IggyWH 10-31-2005 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever think that making/breaking a teenagers life over 1 stupid test is unethical?

istewart 10-31-2005 02:30 AM

Don't do it. That's why we ship people over en masse from Bombay and Japan.

Voltron87 10-31-2005 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should ask a lawyer about what laws you would be breaking and how severe the punishment could be?

[/ QUOTE ]

if im posting this, it should be apparent that i have grappled with the legal and ethical consequences in my mind and am ok with it. for various reasons i can't list, lets say the legal thing is relatively low risk.

and if any professional poker players want to debate the ethics of this, i would think about the people you win money from. this is a question i do actually grapple with, and a lot of the time i dont feel so great about it. but the SAT thing i have no real problem with.

Tron 10-31-2005 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever think that making/breaking a teenagers life over 1 stupid test is unethical?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least they are up-front about it.

istewart 10-31-2005 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and if any professional poker players want to debate the ethics of this, i would think about the people you win money from.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

Voltron87 10-31-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't do it. That's why we ship people over en masse from Bombay and Japan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Proud To Be An American

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...roud_Flyer.jpg

Voltron87 10-31-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and if any professional poker players want to debate the ethics of this, i would think about the people you win money from.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not the place for a discussion about poker, but you dont see what im getting at?

Tron 10-31-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please explain the parallel.

EDIT:

[ QUOTE ]
this is not the place for a discussion about poker, but you dont see what im getting at

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not.

Voltron87 10-31-2005 02:38 AM

i worded it badly.

back on topic- i am thinking 3$ per point.

istewart 10-31-2005 02:39 AM

Is there a clause where you get $0 if you score < x?

crosse91 10-31-2005 02:40 AM

seems like an easy 4 grand
and i'd do it in a heartbeat

RiverFenix 10-31-2005 02:41 AM

Does the SAT scores still increase by 10 points at a time? $30/10 seems a little low for a test that is huge in determining college choices.

Voltron87 10-31-2005 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a clause where you get $0 if you score < x?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont worry about this. and i would not let it be structured this way anyway. time is a factor here and all things considered i am in an excellent bargaining position.

KingDan 10-31-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't they check ID? I assume a fake...

Also, I'd charge $1,000 if you can give them 1400+ score. It may be worth more, depending how dumb they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way more. People spend over a grand on SAT review classes. IIRC a private tutor from Princeton Review gets 150 an hour
By the way SATs are no longer out of 1600 but of 2400. They have a writing section now.

istewart 10-31-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like an easy > $6k
and i'd do it in a heartbeat

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

NLSoldier 10-31-2005 02:51 AM

I think you guys are overestimating how much he will be paid. Im not saying its not worth in upwards of 5k. But what HS senior has 5k to spend on this without help of parents and without parents finding out.

istewart 10-31-2005 02:53 AM

Good point. I kind've assumed the parents were in on it. Not sure why...

But I mean, this is quite a caper then eh? This girl must be retarded and she's gonna get a 2350 or something?

Voltron87 10-31-2005 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys are overestimating how much he will be paid. Im not saying its not worth in upwards of 5k. But what HS senior has 5k to spend on this without help of parents and without parents finding out.

[/ QUOTE ]

said customer is legit. i could say something that would make everyone realize this but i'll pass, for obvious reasons.

does anyone know if each school gets a copy of the essay portion? the handwriting is the only thing that worries me from a getting caught standpoint.

Voltron87 10-31-2005 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But I mean, this is quite a caper then eh? This girl must have be retarded and she's gonna get a 2350 or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you study and tutor enough for the test you can do very well. surprisingly well. i am not worried about that element. this has reached caper status.

istewart 10-31-2005 02:57 AM

Dude, the test has been out for one [censored] year. How the hell would we know? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

NLSoldier 10-31-2005 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

said customer is legit. i could say something that would make everyone realize this but i'll pass, for obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they are a poker player or drug dealer, or the parents are in on it?

istewart 10-31-2005 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But I mean, this is quite a caper then eh? This girl must have be retarded and she's gonna get a 2350 or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you study and tutor enough for the test you can do very well. surprisingly well. i am not worried about that element. this has reached caper status.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, but, this girl obviously isn't studying or tutoring and yet she's gonna get an awesome score. So her parents won't think anything of it?

NLSoldier 10-31-2005 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, but, this girl obviously isn't studying or tutoring and yet she's gonna get an awesome score. So her parents won't think anything of it?

[/ QUOTE ]
wait hes gonna take it for a girl? taht doesnt seem possible, as you definately have to show ID.

istewart 10-31-2005 03:01 AM

Another incorrect assumption... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

NLSoldier 10-31-2005 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wait hes gonna take it for a girl? taht doesnt seem possible, as you definately have to show ID.

[/ QUOTE ]

where does voltron say its for a girl?

NLSoldier 10-31-2005 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another incorrect assumption... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, ok.

Voltron87 10-31-2005 03:02 AM

1. its not for a girl. i would have figured out the fatal flaw much earlier in that case.

2. again, i am not worried about the kid suddenly showing up with a great score. this is not an issue, kids who are tutored for a year intensively will often ace the test. i have zero worry about the parents saying "i thought my kid was retarded, and now he aced the test?"

NLSoldier 10-31-2005 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. its not for a girl. i would have figured out the fatal flaw much earlier in that case.

2. again, i am not worried about the kid suddenly showing up with a great score. this is not an issue, kids who are tutored for a year intensively will often ace the test. i have zero worry about the parents saying "i thought my kid was retarded, and now he aced the test?"

[/ QUOTE ]

but what about the parents saying, "i thought my kid had 5k in his bank acct, where did it go?"

Voltron87 10-31-2005 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but what about the parents saying, "i thought my kid had 5k in his bank acct, where did it go?"

[/ QUOTE ]

not an issue. extenuating circumstances.

2+2 wannabe 10-31-2005 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how are these even related again? oh yeah they're not

regardless, this is extremely retarded - I hope the girl somehow dies of syphilis

I hate cheaters