Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Common Techno Songs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368310)

IggyWH 10-30-2005 01:06 PM

Common Techno Songs

I have a couple techno songs in my head that I hear when I'm out at clubs all the time but I don't know the names of them.

I know :
Sandstorm
Zombie Nation
Better Off Alone

Other than those though, I'm clueless. If you could name some other popular techno songs to help me find these songs I would appreciate it.

Lazymeatball 10-30-2005 01:13 PM

Re: Common Techno Songs

I particularly like that "Blood Bath" song from the Blade Soundtrack, I think it's the Chrystal Method. Actually I think every good song from a movie soundtrack is from the Crystal Method, like their remix of magic carpet ride on the "GO" soundtrack.

Also of note is "I turn to you" by Mel C, formelry of the spice girls, but I don't think that song is still popular.

7ontheline 10-30-2005 01:34 PM

Calling these songs "techno" is kind of an insult to the genre. "Bubblegum trance from 5 years ago" is a little more accurate. That said, if you want more songs like this, the following list should work for you.

Storm - Time to Burn
Lautsprecher - Omnibus
PPK - Resurrection
ATB - Don't Stop and Let U Go
Anything by Cosmic Gate, Ferry Corsten, DJ Tiesto, Mauro Picotto, Gouryella, or Paul van Dyk.

Yeah, so I have these MP3s on my computer. So what?

Finally, pay no attention to the 1st responder. Mel C is more like "Europop crap from 5 years ago." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

waffle 10-30-2005 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Bubblegum trance from 5 years ago"

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. But you missed DJ Sammy - We're in heaven.

I actually like PPK - Resurrection [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

7ontheline 10-30-2005 01:44 PM

Hey, I like the songs I listed too. I just don't think of them as serious techno.

DJ Sammy is more in that "Europop crap" category, I think.

IggyWH 10-30-2005 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling these songs "techno" is kind of an insult to the genre. "Bubblegum trance from 5 years ago" is a little more accurate. That said, if you want more songs like this, the following list should work for you.

Storm - Time to Burn
Lautsprecher - Omnibus
PPK - Resurrection
ATB - Don't Stop and Let U Go
Anything by Cosmic Gate, Ferry Corsten, DJ Tiesto, Mauro Picotto, Gouryella, or Paul van Dyk.

Yeah, so I have these MP3s on my computer. So what?

Finally, pay no attention to the 1st responder. Mel C is more like "Europop crap from 5 years ago." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the help, but I must say I haven't heard of any of those songs. They were all new to me when I uhhhh "streamed" them.

The stuff I hear in the club is more of the "pop techno" type stuff as I named earlier. I have this one specific one in my head and have no clue how to find it because the song is only beat and has no words.

If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears. I think I might try to listen to a winamp dance station while I play this evening to see if I run across it.

d10 10-30-2005 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The stuff I hear in the club is more of the "pop techno" type stuff as I named earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should really find a better club to go to.

IggyWH 10-30-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The stuff I hear in the club is more of the "pop techno" type stuff as I named earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should really find a better club to go to.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Pittsburgh, not New York.

manpower 10-30-2005 09:54 PM

You should post an mp3 of you humming it. I'll bet someone will know.

Furthermore, Sandstorm is a good track. I don't care what anyone says.

Duffman 10-30-2005 10:11 PM

The Final Chapter - Louie Devito

This might be what you're looking for, it's pretty common.

Patrick del Poker Grande 10-30-2005 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should post an mp3 of you humming it. I'll bet someone will know.

[/ QUOTE ]
BIMO! This must be done!

Lazymeatball 10-30-2005 10:40 PM

someone posted a website some time ago that was dedicated to this, idiots humming songs they don't know the name of, and other people identifying it for them. Kind of amusing, anyone remember what I'm talking about?

SippinSoma 10-30-2005 10:46 PM

Ian Van Dahl - Castles in the Sky
Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
Robert Miles - Children
Sonique - Believe

This is bad bad bad techno.

otis_nixon 10-30-2005 11:03 PM

Listen to your heart

This is the best song ever

waffle 10-30-2005 11:07 PM

fragma - everytime you need me
rank one - airwave

4thstreetpete 10-30-2005 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a couple techno songs in my head that I hear when I'm out at clubs all the time but I don't know the names of them.

I know :
Sandstorm
Zombie Nation
Better Off Alone

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? they still play these tunes at clubs? Check out www.tranceaddict.com . Register for the forums, you'll be glad you did. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

kipin 10-30-2005 11:14 PM

Robert Miles - Children

Pretty common trance song mixed by a lot of DJ's

kipin 10-30-2005 11:15 PM

For anyone interested in free streaming internet trance check out http://ETN.fm they have very high quality commercial free streams. (Up to 192kbps)

I listen to this [censored] like 5 hours a day. Very relaxing.

d10 10-30-2005 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? they still play these tunes at clubs? Check out www.tranceaddict.com . Register for the forums, you'll be glad you did. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also sign up at Digitally Imported, and download mixes from dj GT, available for free on his forums. He puts a new one out each season as well as each month with all the best vocal trance to come out in that time.

IggyWH 10-31-2005 12:54 AM

I've tried them all but still no luck for the specific song I'm looking for. Final Chapter did happen to be one of the songs in my head though so thanks for that, it's just not THE song in my head [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Asufiji2004 10-31-2005 01:08 AM

Somebody left a CD at my house after a party probably like 4-5 years ago. I lost it and there was this song on it..it went like....dance your ass ass off..and then bah bah bah you know standard techno stuff. Sound familiar to anyone?

IggyWH 10-31-2005 02:12 AM

Let me try this again...

The song that I have in my head is an older techno song, like a Sandstorm or Zombie Nation. It is/was a popular song and it has no words to it. It's not anything by Robert Miles.

Not exactly a plethora of info. I usually end up hearing it when I'm loaded so I never thing to ask people around me if they know what it's called, and even if I did, I wouldn't remember.

If anyone has any other suggestions it could be, I would appreciate it.

mason55 10-31-2005 05:04 AM

after reading this thead ISSCKY.

man, everything in here is shite. if you want to hear decent stuff on a regular basis, hit www.di.fm They play semi-decent stuff on all the channels athough most of it is pretty old. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 is great too. You can find any style there and it's all new and unreleased stuff. The electronic music scene is all about NEW ISH. Tracks get played out within in a week. To really hear the newest stuff you have to have hook ups online to get "white labels" aka pre-releases. By the time you hear it in a club it's played out ant old. If you really like electronic music besides typlical pop crap, post some NON ELECTRONIC bands you're interested in. I will give the "electronic version" of those bands.

Argus 10-31-2005 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rank one - airwave

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a little bit good to be compared to nearly every other song suggested in this thread.

I have no clue what song you're talking about, but 1998 by Binary Finary is better than whatever song you have in mind. (Matt Darey mix is probably best.)

SippinSoma 10-31-2005 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
after reading this thead ISSCKY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, but the OP was looking for the popular stuff, not the best stuff.

d10 10-31-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me try this again...

The song that I have in my head is an older techno song, like a Sandstorm or Zombie Nation. It is/was a popular song and it has no words to it. It's not anything by Robert Miles.

Not exactly a plethora of info. I usually end up hearing it when I'm loaded so I never thing to ask people around me if they know what it's called, and even if I did, I wouldn't remember.

If anyone has any other suggestions it could be, I would appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not giving anyone a lot to go off of. Something by BT maybe? Except BT doesn't suck like a lot of the stuff previously mentioned in this thread, so that's probably not it.

7ontheline 10-31-2005 11:59 AM

Maybe it's Confusion by New Order? Insomnia by Faithless? Or for something that will really piss of mason55, Got the Groove by SM Trax? (BTW mason55, hopefully we all do realize that most of this stuff is poppy, trite trance at best. We don't all have time to keep up with the latest coolness, cut people some slack.)

Hard to say based off of your drunken recollections - there's a lot of fluffy stuff from 5 years ago that was popular.

To the OP - shouldn't you have posted a hot chick to repay us for our help?

10-31-2005 01:27 PM

A few I didn't see:

Shiny Disco Balls- ??
I'm in Heaven - Holly James/Jason Nevins
Spin spin sugar - Sneaker Pimps
6 underground - Sneaker Pimps
The launch- ??
You Never Know- Marly

Used to have a techno station in Chicago a couple years back, played that stuff all the time.

swede123 10-31-2005 01:31 PM

There's a few older Prodigy songs that are pretty commonly played, like Charlie Says.

Swede

IggyWH 11-01-2005 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The launch- ??

[/ QUOTE ]

This was another one of those songs I had in my head and I thank you for that, but I still haven't come across THE song from any of the replies.

bobbyi 11-01-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling these songs "techno" is kind of an insult to the genre.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I like the songs I listed too. I just don't think of them as serious techno.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Serious techno"?! "An insult to the genre"?! Dude, how can you live with being a snob about techno? I wanted to end this by saying "That's like being a snob about..." something. But I couldn't come up with anything bizarre and pitiful enough.

gabbahh 11-01-2005 09:40 AM

For those who want to groove, here are some of the genres in house/dance music and examples:
Old School House (early house/dance music 1988-1995)
808 State - Cubic
Main X - 88 to piano
Ace the Space - 9 is a classic
Draxx Unlimited - Amphetamine
Human Resource - Dominator
? - Flatline
GTO - Battle of the Bases
Mach 4 - Techno Slam
Precious X Project - Dukkha
LA Style - James Brown is Dead (the beginning of the hype in Holland)
Royal House - Can you party
T99 - Anasthasia

Old School Hardcore (early hardcore (180 BPM+) 1990 - 1998)
Joe Inferno - Histeria
Rob Gee - XTC You got what I need
Bodylotion - Always Hardcore
Darkraver - Back to Basic
Darkraver - Cal cam Mothervucker
Darkraver - Den Haag Hakkuh
DJ Bountyhunter - Woops

New Style Hardcore (1999-now rougher then old school hakkuh)
The Masochist - Don't give a $hit

PopHouse (music for the masses)
Daft Punk - Around the World
Scoop - Drop It
Da Hool - Met her at the LoveParade

Techno (rough house with a steady bass, monotonous)
DJ Amok - LSD
Dave Clarke - Cars
Dave Clarke - Dream On
DJ Rush - Get on Up
Timo Maas - Doom's Night
Jeff Mills - Ecstacy
Green Velvet - La la Land
Westbam - Mayday (old school techno)
Dk8 - Murder was the bass

Trance (dreamy, girly house)
Cygnus X - The Orange Theme
Gouryella - Gouryella (Tiesto and ARmin van Buuren)
Jam & Spoon - How Stella Got Her Groove Back
Niels van Gogh - Pulverturm

Electro (retro house, with many 70's and 80's disco influences)
Felix The Housecat - Dot Allison
Fisherspooner - Emerge
T.Raumschmiere - El Train

If ya want to hear any of these, please respond in this tread, and I'll try and make em available to the poster.

Malachii 11-03-2005 09:23 PM

BTW

I didn't want to open up a new thread for this, so I'll post it here. Today I got a DVD with all 36 Dj Mystik albums that I orderef off Ebay. If anyone is interested and have some other techno to trade, PM me and we'll set something up.