Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Iraq Death Toll Hits 2000 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365850)

Iplayboard 10-26-2005 11:58 AM

Iraq Death Toll Hits 2000

Two thousand American soldiers. A small price to pay to establish theocracy in Iraq.

theBruiser500 10-26-2005 01:42 PM

Re: Iraq Death Toll Hits 2000

I heard the death rate is significantly higher, there are a lot of US soilder deaths not counted. For instance, a soldier wounded in Iraq then flown to another hospital in Europe, if he dies in Europe he doesn't count in that 2000.

beta1607 10-26-2005 01:54 PM

source?

10-26-2005 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

...I heard...

[/ QUOTE ]

And we all know how reliable they are, don't we?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10-26-2005 02:03 PM

I never heard any such ridiculous thing.

theweatherman 10-26-2005 02:10 PM

even if thats false it still doesnt make up for the fact that 2,000 people are dead. Thats the entire population of my hometown! DEAD! For what? making Halliburton a ton of cash? Probably. I'm sure all those mothers are glad their sons and daughters died for such a noble cause.

superleeds 10-26-2005 02:14 PM

You heard wrong

casulties

Wes ManTooth 10-26-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...for such a noble cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting an end to genocide is a pretty noble cause

theweatherman 10-26-2005 03:03 PM

which genocide is that? you mean in 1988 when sadamm gassed the kurds at the end of the iran/iraq war? I didnt know it was America's policy to allow criminals to run free for 13 years and then decide to prosecute them.

What about the genocide in Darfur? Oh wait they have no oil, sucks to be them. I'm going to cruise the city in my off road SUV. peace.

tolbiny 10-26-2005 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post links/facts about any acts of genocide in Iraq during the last 10 years.

10-26-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even if thats false it still doesnt make up for the fact that 2,000 people are dead. Thats the entire population of my hometown! DEAD! For what? making Halliburton a ton of cash? Probably. I'm sure all those mothers are glad their sons and daughters died for such a noble cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious. Do you really believe that this war was started in order to enrich Halliburton?

twowords 10-26-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Yep these people are out there and undoubtedly constitute a generous percentage of those who still support the War in Iraq.

theweatherman 10-26-2005 03:47 PM

Every rational person acts in their own self interest. This is especially true of politicains. The war was started for many reasons, paying back political supporters is way up on the list (probably #2 of the immediate reasons, number 1 being GW's legacy).

Looking at the big picture the war in Iraq was started in order to secure rapidly disappearing oil reserves, as well as military bases in the middle east. There are many up and comin players in the international scene who need oil (China, EU etc.) It is in our best interest to see them fail and us succed.

Any talk of liberating etc. is all fluff. Nothing more than selling points for the other reasons for the war.

10-26-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For what? making Halliburton a ton of cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not pro-war, but statements like yours make me wish I was.

It is sad irony when one poster scoffs at another for foolishly believing it was a noble fight against genocide, and then that poster foolishly states that it merely was to make rich friends of Cheney even richer. This is like watching women box. The exchange of blows is pathetic, but the comedy makes up for it.

jaxmike 10-26-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is sad irony when one poster scoffs at another for foolishly believing it was a noble fight against genocide, and then that poster foolishly states that it merely was to make rich friends of Cheney even richer. This is like watching women box. The exchange of blows is pathetic, but the comedy makes up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. Why is it that Clinton gave Haliburton all those no bid contracts? Didn't he know he would be enriching Republicans in the process?

theweatherman 10-26-2005 05:43 PM

what other tangible goal have we obtained besides making American corporations a ton of money?

cardcounter0 10-26-2005 06:37 PM

It is all okay!

Don't worry. All reports indicate Bin Laden is still alive.
Good job, monkey boy!

mosta 10-28-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two thousand American soldiers. A small price to pay to establish theocracy in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

and how many are permanently crippled? at least 5 times that many I believe. (a friend of mine is an army doctor in gemany. they get a busload everyday. it's horrific.) but wait--there is a light at the end of the tunnel. with enough blood and pain and billions of dollars, instead of creating a new Iran we just might be able to salvage another Afghanistan out of this deal!

elena_elphie 10-30-2005 03:45 PM

More than 100,000 are dead. Oh I forget, non-Americans don't count.

twowords 10-30-2005 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is sad irony when one poster scoffs at another for foolishly believing it was a noble fight against genocide...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously supporting the notion that Iraq is a noble fight against genocide? Care to explain?