Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Party VIP offers - November (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365120)

D.H. 10-25-2005 12:41 PM

Party VIP offers - November

There has been a number of discussions about the various bonus offers on Party poker. It would be interesting if people would post the offers that they receive for November (along with the limit you play etc.) so that we can compare and know what is possible to achieve through negotiating. I just received an offer for November and I didn't really try to negotiate, but I got the impression that it would be possible to get better deals later on if I continued to play at Party and reached monthly goals.

So, anyway, here is the offer I got, please add yours.

$1400 / 30000 raked hands
(4.6 cents / raked hand)
I play mostly 10/20 (6-max).

EvanJC 10-25-2005 12:47 PM

Re: Party VIP offers - November

=(

D.H. 10-25-2005 01:00 PM

By the way, I have also been told that "once the PartyPoker.com VIP Club is fully operational" all offers will be made referring to Player points, not raked hands. Makes sense.

aslowjoe 10-25-2005 01:03 PM

What makes a person a VIP.

D.H. 10-25-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes a person a VIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

The basic criterion seems to be that you play a lot of hands.

10-25-2005 01:33 PM

i just got a phone call, she said 10k hands would make me $200. i'm guessing i would get a better deal if i hadn't just played there for 8 days (7,4k hands on $2/$4 and $3/$6 6max).

palman 10-25-2005 02:07 PM

$1400/21000

The month they based it off of, I played 15k hands of 10/20 6 max and 6k hands split between 20/40 and 30/60.

Through my communications, my offer was permanant.

craniac24 10-25-2005 02:19 PM

Who can we call or email to inquire about getting an offer if we haven't received one already? Has anyone already done this proactively?

10-25-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who can we call or email to inquire about getting an offer if we haven't received one already? Has anyone already done this proactively?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can try emailing bonus@partypoker.com, but dont expect to get a reply. God only knows what you have to do to get the retards in charge over there to give you an offer. I've sent prolly 5 or 6 emails and havent even gotten a reply.

I hated party before, and I hate them even more now.

morgant 10-25-2005 05:54 PM

i havent played there at all really, they just called me with 4000 raked hands for $160 in november. He kept asking me if this is ok, i was like ummm yah. I guess most of you have been haggling for more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Shouldnt surprise me..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PauliF 10-25-2005 06:20 PM

i got $500 for 20k

tongni 10-25-2005 06:43 PM

I got 2500 for 60k hands next month.

jba 10-25-2005 07:17 PM

i initially got $2500 for 50k hands and just got another offer for $1000 for 18k hands. fwiw my hands this month have been a mix of 5/10sh 10/20sh and 15/30 (and a bunch of tourneys but I think they pretty much dont care about those), and in the week since I got my first offer my MGR/hand has definitely been higher (offer went from .05/hand to .055/hand for less hands).

FYI my new understanding is that these are adjustable in that if i play 18k hands by nov 15, I call them up and get a new offer for 10k hands for the rest of the month. There is at least a 40% chance none of these guys know WTF is really going on.

also my years of call center hell picked up on a pushiness on his part to get an acceptance on the offer he made me that may or may not mean a commission structure for them, could easily just be lame call center stat bs too though.

interestingly enough he said he is not allowed to include the offer in the confirmation email.

otter 10-25-2005 07:29 PM

If someone signed up through an affiliate would they get these same offers or is it for non affiliate sign ups?

B1GF1SHY 10-25-2005 07:34 PM

It's my understanding that this is a VIP offer, which means the player must have played at Party for awhile. If you sign up a new account with rakeback I doubt you'll get the offer since you're not a long-term player that they want to keep or are trying to get back.

WarBus 10-25-2005 07:37 PM

Received my call today.
$1000 for 27,000 hands in Nov.
Qestions I asked:

Is it this a fixed monthly bonus?
No. Other months, other promotions.

What if I go over 27,000?
Dunno, email us mid month if you are going to beat target and we'll see what we can do.

She didn't seem overly knowledgable about the bonus structure or where it is going. Just called to give me the offer.

I did not receive a pop up in Oct. I did email bonus@pp about my average play and wanting to be a part of the VIP bonus program. Told them 24k month average at 5-10 6 max. I used a low hand average in case they base bonuses on beating previous numbers. I have played on party exclusively this week to create a precedent of average hands. I had only played on party 2-3 times this year and only tournaments before this past week. Don't know if any of this helped/hurt my bonus.

10-25-2005 07:40 PM

Do they have a big dart board they are throwing at to determine the # of hands/bonus?

I haven't played at Party for 6 months. Should I ask them for an offer before playing again, or play for a while first? Anybody have a feel for what is best?

10-25-2005 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do they have a big dart board they are throwing at to determine the # of hands/bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh heh. Got a chuckle on that one!
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Elkhound 10-25-2005 08:08 PM

I got pretty much hosed compared to the rest of you guys... $100 for 10K hands! I have essentially just been whoring Party at low limit since I had a rakeback deal elsewhere so I'm guessing that may be part of the reason. Guess I'll give them some play at the higher limits and see what December brings. It can't get any worse than a 100x, can it?

jzpiano14 10-25-2005 08:13 PM

300 for 15k hands, i told them to go f themselves and come back with a better deal, they said we will for something better and they are going to call me tomorrow [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sandstone 10-25-2005 08:24 PM

$900 for 30,000 hands.

Meh.

Better than nothing I guess.

Thunda 10-25-2005 08:38 PM

I'm still waiting for my phone call - got a mail from them asking for my phone number and a convienient time to call .. still waiting ..

Interesting to see what people are getting offered tho to prepare myself. Curious - with all the $$ for X hands people are saying - are these raked hands or hands played in total? $300 for 15K raked hands seems mighty small - for a $2/$4 player for instance thats only equivelant to about a 15% Rakeback - so even less for higher limits - so good on jzpiano14 for using the F word .. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ..

Would be Interesting to know how much "negotiating" they're able to do so if anyone has any news on that I'd love to know - if it's a case of "here's our offer - take it or leave it" or wheter it's mano-et-mano - bluff vs counter bluff with dodgey western music playing in the background - would be cool!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

palman 10-25-2005 09:29 PM

I'm thinking I'm going to avoid having any future communications about the matter..... because through my communications I got the same deal month for month, and if I go over or under my target I get the same amount proportionally. And I can always show them the email if they don't do it =)

minwoo 10-25-2005 09:33 PM

What about us SNG players? Seems like only ring game players are getting phone calls/offers.

jdl22 10-26-2005 12:03 AM

I think I win for worst offer.

Got the call today and it was $250 for 14,000 hands.

He said if I play twice that I'll get $500, not clear if that was $500 more or total. That's less than 2 cents per hand.

He did say I would get a better offer in December if I played a lot so I'm giving it a shot.

I had been playing low limits on party, did play NL fairly regularly just before switching getting up to NL 100 but that was awhile ago. Since I've mainly played SNGs on the now former skins so I wasn't generating much MGR.

AA suited 10-26-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about us SNG players? Seems like only ring game players are getting phone calls/offers.

[/ QUOTE ]

i emailed bonus@pp twice this month saying I'm a $5000/month MGR sng player, but no replies.

but the cell phone i registered my party acct on was canceled a LONG time ago. so if they're trying to call me... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

anybody get offers for SnG play?

KaBoom 10-26-2005 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting for my phone call - got a mail from them asking for my phone number and a convienient time to call .. still waiting ..

Interesting to see what people are getting offered tho to prepare myself. Curious - with all the $$ for X hands people are saying - are these raked hands or hands played in total? $300 for 15K raked hands seems mighty small - for a $2/$4 player for instance thats only equivelant to about a 15% Rakeback - so even less for higher limits - so good on jzpiano14 for using the F word .. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ..

Would be Interesting to know how much "negotiating" they're able to do so if anyone has any news on that I'd love to know - if it's a case of "here's our offer - take it or leave it" or wheter it's mano-et-mano - bluff vs counter bluff with dodgey western music playing in the background - would be cool!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last week they asked for my number too and convenient time to call. I said preferably Monday, no call. No email, no Popup.

This is a very interesting thread. Hope more people post their offers. I will if I get one. But if it's $100 for 10K hands I'll ask them to close my account.

somapopper 10-26-2005 02:50 AM

600 for 15k hands.

Funny moment: Initially she offered me a deal for 4k hands at about the same rate per hand. I said, "well I'll probably play 15k hands next month if you'd like to offer me a deal for that?" She puts me on hold for a minute to do some calculations, and when she comes back she says she had to check with her "team" to make sure it was OK. It's the classic used car sales man "I'll have to check with my manager" shtick.

FWIW, the woman I spoke with was educated, articulate, and charming. This is just night and day from normal party support. I felt, dare I say, Very Important.

I think there might have been room to negotiate them up to 700 for 15k, but I was just happy to get the size of my offer increased, and will look to get more of a competitive rate once this program is a little more solidified.

All in all it was a good experience.

edit: keep in mind that unlike rb this will clear at a full rate while you're also clearing a deposit bonus. That should be factored into the value of these offers.

Also, when they do go to a points system, I'd have to assume they'll eliminate the massive points bonus for deposits? Otherwise things could get a little silly, and neteller's proftis will quadruple.

Perseus 10-26-2005 03:14 AM

Yeah I got 700 for 35,000 hands...

..I really wish I'd played there at all during the last few months. Oh well.

I also "negotiated" it from 400 for 20,000 to 700 to 35,000. Took him a full minute to do calculations.

I miss rakeback, but this is better than the 0 I was going to get.

KaBoom 10-26-2005 03:27 AM

Looks like approximately $400 for 10K is becoming some sort of standard. $800 for 20K and $600 for 15K.

Just wish the charming "car sales lady" would call.

D.H. 10-26-2005 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's my understanding that this is a VIP offer, which means the player must have played at Party for awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not entirely true. I have played at the skins and just opened an account at party a few days before the split. But I told them (bonus@pp) that I play a lot and that I would take my business to party if they gave me a good offer. Took some time, but eventually I got a call from the VIP club.

TrickyTree 10-26-2005 05:44 AM

What i want to know is it is raked hands or just hands? This makes such a difference to those players who play at mid to low limits where many pots are not raked. 20000 raked hands could easily mean around 25000-30000 hands required in order to clear any such bonus. Anyone know for sure?

KaBoom 10-26-2005 05:49 AM

I'm getting a funny feeling it is raked hands.

Stefan_K 10-26-2005 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you can try emailing bonus@partypoker.com, but dont expect to get a reply. God only knows what you have to do to get the retards in charge over there to give you an offer. I've sent prolly 5 or 6 emails and havent even gotten a reply.

I hated party before, and I hate them even more now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated them aswell but then i realized that my hotmail had sorted their mail as junkmail, maybee that is not your problem.. but just so you know

D.H. 10-26-2005 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What i want to know is it is raked hands or just hands? This makes such a difference to those players who play at mid to low limits where many pots are not raked. 20000 raked hands could easily mean around 25000-30000 hands required in order to clear any such bonus. Anyone know for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

All offers have been for raked hands.

somapopper 10-26-2005 10:04 AM

They took forever to get to me too.

I'd say it's only the standard for 5/10 with a fair amount of play at Party at that level. 5/10 is my bread and butter, but people who play more often in the 10/20 have reported better deals.

mtdoak 10-26-2005 10:34 AM

I got an offer today for October: If i get in 4k hands by the end of the month they give me 160.

scrapperdog 10-26-2005 10:44 AM

This is my first month playing directly at party so sorry for the noob questions. You need to be a vip to get an offer like this? How long should I assume it takes me to get an offer with 1000$ mgr a month, or will I even get an offer? Thanks in advance.

Nietzsche 10-26-2005 11:13 AM

None of you contacted them by phone?

I sent an email to vip@partypoker.com 5 days ago and I still haven't heard from them though I've played a lot of hands since the skin break up.

SinCityGuy 10-26-2005 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I have also been told that "once the PartyPoker.com VIP Club is fully operational" all offers will be made referring to Player points, not raked hands. Makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also just noticed this for the first time: On the Player's Club page that there are 3 levels of membership: blue, silver and gold. All players start in the blue category. When they get to 15,000 points, they move to the silver category (and accumulate new points at 1.5 times the rate of the blue category). When they get to 50,000 points, they move to the gold category (and accumulate new points at twice the rate of the blue category).

If they continue to use this system with the current offers for raked hands over the phone, then it looks like we would be getting about 25% rakeback once we hit the gold category.