Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Expekt released their new software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365032)

Hung 10-25-2005 09:01 AM

Expekt released their new software

For those that are interested. Expekt.com released their new pokersoftware. They left Prima Poker and they're using their own platform (Tain).
It looks pretty cool. The miniview is nice too. The colors are soft. I like the filters. It's an improvement imo.

No many players for the moment, which is normal, because it's new.
I'm going to test is right away. I did not notice a decrease of players on the Prima Poker network.

ipp147 10-25-2005 09:11 AM

Re: Expekt released their new software

[ QUOTE ]
For those that are interested. Expekt.com released their new pokersoftware. They left Prima Poker and they're using their own platform (Tain).
It looks pretty cool. The miniview is nice too. The colors are soft. I like the filters. It's an improvement imo.

I'm going to test is right away. I did not notice a decrease of players on the Prima Poker network.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed a drop at Prima during the European evening yesterday.

I haven't looked at it but I heard that the rake at tain was terrible.

MyMindIsGoing 10-25-2005 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed a drop at Prima during the European evening yesterday.

I haven't looked at it but I heard that the rake at tain was terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I switched from expekt to parbet some time ago, since I wanted rake back and keep on playing on prima. But according to the cached page on google (could not get to another page) the rake at Tain (new net for expekt) was actually LOWER (lower max rake, same %) than it was on prima on the tables I used to play. Might be diffrent on other tables though.

Supern 10-25-2005 10:14 AM

I played a freeroll there today.
The software is terrible now.

The blinds went from 200/400 to 30/60 to 150/300 to 60/120.
All of a sudden they were 600/1200.
It was crazy.

And everyone complained about crashes.
One guy crashed 5 times.
I only crashed once. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

And when you fired up the software again you had to find your tournament by yourself.
It didn't pop up like the tables do on Prima.

And the face cards are really UGLY. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

They have a LONG way to go.

Synergistic Explosions 10-25-2005 12:03 PM

You shouldn't be complaining about their free rolls. Before Expekt came online today there were only a handful of players there testing the software. They were giving out about 5000 bucks a day in free rolls to the few players that participated. I played in 2k free rolls with 60 people at one time. 300 free rolls with 30 people also. I mean, come on, how can you complain about them working out bugs in their software when they were so generous in the way they did so?

Would you complain about a 10k Guaranteed 50+5 with 20 people entered? Come on. I can put up with alot for these overlays.

Those days are now over of course with Expeckt integrating into the network today. I couldn't believe my eyes when I signed in today and saw 3000 people sitting at the tables. From zero to 3000 in an hour, now thats impressive!

I saw the perks Expekt was offering daily to introduce their new software, very impressive. No wonder their players are happy to move with them.

I checked Prima, their numbers do appear down. But that is to be expected when 3000 customers leave with a former room of theirs.

Good luck to the new network.

Supern 10-25-2005 12:48 PM

I played there today.
So the software shouldn't be Beta.

All I'm saying is that the software ain't ready yet.
A guy at my table had a crash playing cash games as well.

But give them a month or so and I guess the software will be fine.
I don't want to play for cash with buggy software.

Maybe thats just me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

StellarWind 10-25-2005 01:03 PM

Are any skins on this network accepting Americans?

Synergistic Explosions 10-25-2005 01:07 PM

You are right of course. Now that they got thousands of players, those players will expect a smooth running poker client.

I was just saying that before anyone played there, I didn't mind being one of those being disconnected since they were giving out so much in free rolls and guaranteed tourneys to those of us willing to play. I got frozen up in all stages of play numerous times. I never complained once. I understood what was going on.

Hell, i'd play hockey in a cow pasture if they paid me handsomely for every goal scored.

Synergistic Explosions 10-25-2005 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are any skins on this network accepting Americans?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the one I play on, Eurolinx. I'm the only American playing there I think. I've never seen another.

If I were you though, I'd find a friend and ask him to refer you then give you back the affiliate kickbacks they give all members for referals. Kind of like what PokerChamps does.

10-25-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm the only American playing there I think. I've never seen another.

[/ QUOTE ]

I counted three this past week-- you must have been one of the other two...

Synergistic Explosions 10-25-2005 01:44 PM

Wow, I'm surprised there are two other Americans. I just never noticed any. I thought for several days we weren't allowed or something. I got worried when I won a k and wondered if it wasn't going to cash out.

Once they got the Neteller option though, it only took a couple hours for a cash out to hit it. Pretty impressive. I never made a deposit so I thought they might need ID, but they didn't hassle me at all. Not at all like Prima.

Armand_Tamzarian 10-25-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The software is terrible now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been playing on Eurolinx for a week or two now and have seen some huge bugs in the software. I get disconnected at least every 30 mins, the chip amounts don't seem to be correct all the time and one time I could see everyone elses cards for about 10 hands.

Mike Haven 10-25-2005 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one time I could see everyone elses cards for about 10 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That probably put you on equal footing with some of the teams.

Supern 10-25-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one time I could see everyone elses cards for about 10 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe.
Hope for you it was in a NL cash game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Synergistic Explosions 10-25-2005 06:07 PM

I haven't been able to connect to Tain in 5 hours now. Anyone know when they are coming back online?

10-25-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Customers,

We are completely aware about the problems you are experiencing with our new poker client right now or have experienced during the day. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience and we can ensure you that all available staff at Tain poker has been allocated to solve the problems.

We would also like to take the opportunity to apologize for the long response time that our support is having now due to the extensive amount of inquiries. Your e-mails will be answered as soon as possible and we kindly ask for your patience.

Thank you for your understanding!

[/ QUOTE ]

10-25-2005 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never made a deposit so I thought they might need ID, but they didn't hassle me at all. Not at all like Prima.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not "hassle" just because they make sure everything is correct. I'm glad they're not like party where a guy lost $18.000 due to lack of security.

Good thing they're careful.

Synergistic Explosions 10-25-2005 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never made a deposit so I thought they might need ID, but they didn't hassle me at all. Not at all like Prima.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not "hassle" just because they make sure everything is correct. I'm glad they're not like party where a guy lost $18.000 due to lack of security.

Good thing they're careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played many of the Prima skins. When I say hassle, I mean hassle.

A common tactic they use is stalling. By that I mean you put in a withdrawal and a week later you write CS and ask what is up? Then they reply that they want your ID scanned to them. Now I have no problem emailing them my scanned ID. I do have a problem when they aren't willing to send out an email requesting the ID. Instead they wait for you to contact them after a long period has passed. It's happened so many times now, I'm convinced it's a common stall tactic some of the Prima skins use.

Now another hassle I have encountered is waiting for six weeks to get my cash out credited. In that time period, they gave me a different reason for the hold up everytime. Fact is, they weren't making any cashouts to anyone from what I found out. But instead of saying that straight forward, they told lies to cover up their problems.

So, it goes beyond security hassles for some Prima skins. I'm convinced they just have no desire to pay out quickly, like most sites now a days.

However, Bet365 is an exception. They have always paid me in a matter of a few hours. However, they start charging 15 bucks or so after the first one each month. That I don't like.

Synergistic Explosions 10-25-2005 07:51 PM

Oh brother. This shutdown is going to cause Expekt a big headache. All those thousands of people playing there first thing when they opened up to win the first day promotions Expekt was offering are going to be in an uproar. How they resolve those issues will be interesting.

They should have started their five days of promotions later in the week.

MyMindIsGoing 10-26-2005 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but they didn't hassle me at all. Not at all like Prima.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played on two prima sites Expekt and Partbet for almost two years. None of them ever asked for ID or wanted to call me or whatever. That is one of the reasons I did actually chose them, they were (atleast for me) hassle free, coz I hate that ID hassle myself.

It might be some skins of prima hassling you, but not prima itself.

Hung 10-26-2005 03:51 AM

It might be some skins of prima hassling you, but not prima itself.

Prima will never bother you because they are not a poker room. They just rake in their share of the rake.

KINGOFINLAND 10-29-2005 03:21 AM

The poker client is unavailable

Dear customer,

We will always strive to offer you the very best for all our products. Our recent launch of new poker software in a new network has caused problems for many of you, and we therefore see no other option than to go offline to allow for technical issues to be resolved.

As our esteemed customer, you deserve nothing but the very best. Because of this we will now keep Expekt.com Poker offline until most technical issues have been resolved and we are sure that you can play safely without any issues ruining your poker game. We will update you through your registered email address as soon as the software is operating on a fully satisfactory level.

lil

Synergistic Explosions 10-29-2005 03:36 AM

I was enjoying the disconnect a minute feature. In the SnG's, the winner was always the last man connected who could steal all the blinds. I was perfecting that part of it pretty well. Most of the wimps there gave up after being disconnected 10 or more times. They had no heart. It was easy money.

Anyone know any other sites that disconnect you every minute?

uncleshady 10-29-2005 04:10 AM

Bet 365 was struggling with big time lag earlier. I beat a guy with a set of jacks with my set of 3's. Another guy had a fullhouse and I had like a pair of K's. They go nuts in the chat box after losses like that.