Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   HU tournament set... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364459)

stu-unger 10-24-2005 04:02 PM

HU tournament set...

i am really interested in getting this thing going. ill organize the brackets and set up if no one else is down...

a few questions though

stu-unger 10-24-2005 04:04 PM

Re: HU tournament set...

im sure i missed some stuff... oh yeah and if u want to play for sure post in this thread, so we can get a valid count...

amoeba 10-24-2005 04:06 PM

damn, I don't have account at any of those sites.

but my vote goes to freezeout. more luck in SNG.

dtbog 10-24-2005 04:09 PM

i'm in

I'm guessing we're just pairing people randomly? I think seeding this sort of thing would be more trouble than it was worth... though if we do this again, we could use results from this round.

swolfe 10-24-2005 04:11 PM

i'm in...i don't have any cash on those sites (i don't even have a UB account, i think), but i'll work something out to play..

NickPoker 10-24-2005 04:12 PM

I would love to play in this. I have accounts at UB and Absolute, but will work out whatever.

amoeba 10-24-2005 04:14 PM

I don't think there is a need to seed as there really is no info to base it on.

The_Bends 10-24-2005 04:16 PM

Very interested, my heads up game is awful.

BobboFitos 10-24-2005 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm in

I'm guessing we're just pairing people randomly? I think seeding this sort of thing would be more trouble than it was worth... though if we do this again, we could use results from this round.

[/ QUOTE ]

seeding would be so cool. (im in this btw)

I vote for having it single elimination, but the catch being you play for 2$ each (1cent/2cent) but you're able to rebuy once. How do people feel about that?

*I also vote for posting hand histories =)

BobboFitos 10-24-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there is a need to seed as there really is no info to base it on.

[/ QUOTE ]

obv seeding isn't based on talent but rather who screams the most. that said:

i am the bessssssssssssssssssssst

Raydain 10-24-2005 04:21 PM

UB or Stars
1 match
Set Times
HU S&Go

This seems like the only that will work. You have to set times to make sure it won't last forever and if it's best of 3, I could see people getting bored after the first match. Same goes for the HU S&Go. It has to move along quickly. Don't do any set-up that will take too long, people will get bored.

dtbog 10-24-2005 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i am the bessssssssssssssssssssst

[/ QUOTE ]

i am the worssssssssssssssssst and will therefore get the opportunity to take you out in round 1 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

dtbog 10-24-2005 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you enter a tournament if the format bores you?

I don't think boredom will be a problem for many of the entrants.

RiverFenix 10-24-2005 04:22 PM

I say rebuy allowed if you lose in first ~25 hands. AA hits KK or something like that.

Seeding shouldnt be done for this first tourny

dtbog 10-24-2005 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say rebuy allowed if you lose in first ~25 hands. AA hits KK or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm... I say one rebuy whenever you want or none at all.

AA vs. KK can happen on the 26th hand just as well as it can on the 24th. It's part of the game.

KKrAAAzy88s 10-24-2005 04:24 PM

i'm interested...

stu-unger 10-24-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm in

[/ QUOTE ]

seeding would be so cool. (im in this btw)

I vote for having it single elimination, but the catch being you play for 2$ each (1cent/2cent) but you're able to rebuy once. How do people feel about that?

*I also vote for posting hand histories =)

[/ QUOTE ]

im down with 1 rebuy for sure... we could do this round robin for seeding. this would mean it would go on for longer, but i luv hu and would like the experience...

Falker11 10-24-2005 04:26 PM

I'm in, stars or UB best for me.

Falker

mason55 10-24-2005 04:26 PM

i'm in.

JaBlue 10-24-2005 04:28 PM

i'm down

arod15 10-24-2005 04:30 PM

I want in .....

swolfe 10-24-2005 04:31 PM

i like the idea of round robin...put people in pools of 4 or 5 and everyone in the pool plays eachother. then the single elim bracket is seeded based on pool performance. that's how sports tournaments are usually done.

TheWorstPlayer 10-24-2005 04:33 PM

I like double elimination with a winner's bracket and a loser's bracket. Makes for more playing and makes it more likely the best two players actually face each other in the finals.

JaBlue 10-24-2005 04:35 PM

Another good format to consider is round robin. Everyone plays everyone X times and whoever has the best score at the end wins. If two guys are tied, they can play one final ultimate sudden death game for all of the marbles, and of course title.

dtbog 10-24-2005 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone plays everyone X times

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but how many people are going to be playing?

32 at the minimum, right? That's a LOT of HU matches.

TheWorstPlayer 10-24-2005 04:38 PM

But it's gonna be like a freeroll where everyone goes all-in preflop every hand. Right? So it should be fast.

OK fine, I'll play seriously. And I agree that a round robin will take too long. That could be a good idea if we had this thing as a year-long 'season' though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

swolfe 10-24-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone plays everyone X times

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but how many people are going to be playing?

32 at the minimum, right? That's a LOT of HU matches.

[/ QUOTE ]

if there are 32 players, then split it into 8 pools of 4...that will make it 3 matches in pool play. make the matches 3 games total instead of best of 3, then seed the bracket based on wins/losses out of the 9 pool play games.

dtbog 10-24-2005 04:40 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/sticky.gif

stu-unger 10-24-2005 04:43 PM

ok so to get this str8...

we want to play HU cash game at stars .01/.02

we could do this a few ways though... we could have double elimination and have a winners bracket and a losers bracket. we could do a 1 rebuy single elimination. or we could do best of 3...

ill set this up, so if u want in just pm me, that way i can get a count on exactly who wants in and we can get it set up by 2nite...

dtbog 10-24-2005 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ill set this up, so if u want in just pm me, that way i can get a count on exactly who wants in and we can get it set up by 2nite...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably give people 24 hours to PM you, though, because of different time zones and the like.

Maybe xorbie can sticky this thread?... or just sticky a post saying to PM you about the tournament?

4_2_it 10-24-2005 04:47 PM

I want to play. I only have money on stars, but I will transfer the cash to someone in return for cash on whatever site we use. I assume we are talking small dollars here.

Rather than a set time, since we are across several continents and time zones and want maximum participation, I think you have to just set up the match and let the combatants schedule a time and post the results here. It will be more fun that way. Anyway, I am in.

dtbog 10-24-2005 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
combatants

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this word, especially in this context. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ghostface 10-24-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

stu-unger 10-24-2005 04:54 PM

to clarify...

i dont plan on having this thing in concrete till tuesday afternoon sometime. i just want to people to pm me so i can get an accurate count on the amount of people who really want to play. i think we have to allow people to set up times to play, so that everyone has an opportunity to play. we as a group still need to decide how we want to set this tourney up...

Ghazban 10-24-2005 04:56 PM

I'm in

Salerosa 10-24-2005 05:10 PM

Include me in this if you would. I suck at Heads up BTW, I consider it by far the weakest aspect of my game.

Rockatansky 10-24-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in

[/ QUOTE ]

Ghazban 10-24-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in

[/ QUOTE ]

I should include the proviso that this assumes people are going to play their best game. I think its assumed but somebody has to come out and say it. I don't want to do it if people just do stupid things because the monetary reward is small. If its worth the time, its worth the effort.

10-24-2005 05:23 PM

I was about to make a similar post and offer to organize it, but if you're up for it then no worries

I'm in

4_2_it 10-24-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in

[/ QUOTE ]

I should include the proviso that this assumes people are going to play their best game. I think its assumed but somebody has to come out and say it. I don't want to do it if people just do stupid things because the monetary reward is small. If its worth the time, its worth the effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn it, I was rather hoping that you, TWP and Bobbo would all lay down and let me win [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]