Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Oh Danny Boy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363222)

andyfox 10-22-2005 06:13 PM

Oh Danny Boy

We got a big shipment in yesterday and my factory manager told me the belts looked kind of "funky." I agreed. So we scheduled a 100% inspection today. Saturday. That means overtime. Thirty people, four hours each, all in all I'm out about 3 grand. So, after I open up at 7, I figure I'd better go make it up at Commerce. I have only until about 9:30 to play, but what the hey.

I get there at 7:30 AM. Never been there at that hour. There's one full 40-80 game and a must move game with only four players in it. They bring me chips and down I sit in the short game.

I look around. And it occurs to me: all the other players are named Danny. There's Chinese Danny, Korean Danny, Vietnamese Danny, and Danny the attorney. I was going to say something, but Chinese Danny looked like he had been there all night and he was in the best shape of all the Dannies, so I immediately said nothing. Quietly.

I take my blind. Danny limps, Danny overlimps, Danny overoverlimps and small blind Danny calls. I knuckle.

Flop is two spades and heart, 9-6-2, which wasn't a great flop for my jack of clubs and 3 of spades. Small blind Danny checks, I check, Danny the attorney checks, Korean Danny checks, and Chinese Danny checks.

Turn is another spade. I still have no pair and no spade. Now Danny bets into the field. I fold. Danny calls, Danny overcalls, and Danny overovercalls. I was thinking about saying something about Danny probably winning the pot, but Danny the attorney is glum and sullen and he has the best personality of all the Dannies, so I say nothing. Loudly.

River is a 4th spade. Danny bets. Danny calls. Danny calls too. Danny calls too too! Danny turns over the kings of spades. Danny turns over the ace of spades for the nuts. Danny shows the jack of spades and mucks, and Danny shows the queens of spades and disgutedly mucks.

Danny made a flush on the river, Danny made a flush on the river, Danny made a flush on the river, and Danny made a flush on the river.

Kind of like Lou Gehring dying of Lou Gehrig's disease. What are the odds?

I won, but only $216. Danny was stuck and wasn't himself, Danny is never himself, but Danny had a rush or rushes, mostly getting his chips from Danny, and I held my own. When I left, the game was full. Surprisingly, no Danny had been mustmoved, but we did have two Kennies in the game.

Kenny the dentist and Kenny not the dentist.

sfer 10-22-2005 06:20 PM

Re: Oh Danny Boy

[ QUOTE ]
There's Chinese Danny, Korean Danny, Vietnamese Danny, and Danny the attorney.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
River is a 4th spade. Danny bets. Danny calls. Danny calls too. Danny calls too too! Danny turns over the kings of spades. Danny turns over the ace of spades for the nuts. Danny shows the jack of spades and mucks, and Danny shows the queens of spades and disgutedly mucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always knew Asians didn't trust other Asians.

NLSoldier 10-22-2005 06:32 PM

lol, nice post andy.

Tyler Durden 10-22-2005 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny.

jason_t 10-22-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, nice post andy.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-22-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go [censored] yourself.

mike l. 10-22-2005 07:03 PM

looks like we have a new contender for post of the year.

it's like the oscars around here, all the best posts come around the end of the year. first tommy made his best the other day, and now this.

mike l. 10-22-2005 07:04 PM

hehe. you died. hehe.

speirs 10-22-2005 07:35 PM

great post. i lmao

SA125 10-22-2005 08:01 PM

Got to admit that line was the square peg in a round hole of a good post.

elindauer 10-22-2005 08:23 PM

It's unanimous. Great post.

shant 10-22-2005 08:34 PM

You write rad.

GreywolfNYC 10-22-2005 08:39 PM

Sheer brilliance.

DcifrThs 10-22-2005 09:13 PM

all i can do is echo whats been said. freaking hilarious post andy, nice job.

and to the Lou comment haters...boo.

Barron

lighterjobs 10-22-2005 09:41 PM

great post. i enjoyed reading it.

Klepton 10-23-2005 12:51 AM

i had a dream about you.

Duke 10-23-2005 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Got to admit that line was the square peg in a round hole of a good post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. It's the common name of a disease. If he said "Lou Gehrig dying of Lou Gehrig's disease" I'd agree that it was out of place.

~D

dcarlc 10-23-2005 06:39 AM

Best I've read.

BarronVangorToth 10-23-2005 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go [censored] yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to give the poster props for perfect placement of a Denis Leary bit. Give him a break, Lou.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

Robb 10-23-2005 01:35 PM

Could you put this into a hand converter? I can't read it.

(great post Andy)

SA125 10-23-2005 02:04 PM

Duke - [ QUOTE ]
If he said "Lou Gehrig dying of Lou Gehrig's disease" I'd agree that it was out of place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy - [ QUOTE ]
Kind of like Lou Gehring dying of Lou Gehrig's disease.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say Duke was probably just being facetious, but I'm not sure how to spell it.

Josh W 10-23-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Duke - [ QUOTE ]
If he said "Lou Gehrig dying of Lou Gehrig's disease" I'd agree that it was out of place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy - [ QUOTE ]
Kind of like Lou Gehring dying of Lou Gehrig's disease.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say Duke was probably just being facetious, but I'm not sure how to spell it.

[/ QUOTE ]

facetious is the shortest word in the English language with all five vowels appearing in alphabetical order. FYI, Sequoia is the shortest word with all 5 vowels (in any order).

Danny woulda known that, too.

Josh

SA125 10-23-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
facetious is the shortest word in the English language with all five vowels appearing in alphabetical order. FYI, Sequoia is the shortest word with all 5 vowels (in any order).

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh W. Cool guy and a brain too boot. Impressive. I'm a sponge for useless info like that.

scotty34 10-23-2005 08:37 PM

So Danny has the nuts and he only calls? Was he hoping for overcalls or what? And Danny has the 3rd nuts closing the action faced with very minimal aggression and he merely calls as well - what's up with that?

Sooga 10-23-2005 10:49 PM

And 'absconder' is the shortest word with the ABCDE in order.

andyfox 10-24-2005 01:33 AM

They all had been playing all night. I've certainly seen stranger river action by fresh players.

RocketManJames 10-24-2005 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
facetious is the shortest word in the English language with all five vowels appearing in alphabetical order.

[/ QUOTE ]

caesious is shorter

Josh W 10-24-2005 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
facetious is the shortest word in the English language with all five vowels appearing in alphabetical order.

[/ QUOTE ]

caesious
is shorter

[/ QUOTE ]

I was lied to as a lad.

I was also told that "Facetiously" was the shortest word with all '6' vowels in alphabetical order. Or are you gonna make me eat my, um, words, again Mr. Rocketmandude?

Josh

RocketManJames 10-24-2005 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was also told that "Facetiously" was the shortest word with all '6' vowels in alphabetical order. Or are you gonna make me eat my, um, words, again Mr. Rocketmandude?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right about facetioiusly being the shortest word using SIX vowels... but there exist words that use the SEVENTH vowel: W

Reference:
cwm crwth

-RMJ

Justin A 10-24-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right about facetioiusly being the shortest word using SIX vowels... but there exist words that use the SEVENTH vowel: W

Reference:
cwm crwth

-RMJ

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot about pwn.

JimRivett 10-24-2005 06:49 PM

Andy, I thought your middle name was Daniel?

Justin A 10-24-2005 06:58 PM

Andy this is probably the funniest post I've seen you write, and that's saying a lot.

Mike Gallo 10-24-2005 07:10 PM

Andy,

Chochmeh !!!

I would imagine these Dannys were farmutshet.

private joker 10-26-2005 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like we have a new contender for post of the year.

it's like the oscars around here, all the best posts come around the end of the year. first tommy made his best the other day, and now this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, did you know you have a line in this?