Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: A lot of you have ego problems. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362582)

rockythecat99 10-21-2005 04:45 PM

OT: A lot of you have ego problems.

I have never seen such ego from a bunch of internet players in my life including the mod. All of you think you are great poker players making millions of dollars. Everytime someone posts something you deem "stupid". You bash the person i.e the free poker coach. 99% started playing because you saw it on espn now make a couple of bucks playing poker and now you are poker gods. Give me a break. Some of you need to check your egos at the door cuz I am sure 99% of you are not as good as you think you are.

10-21-2005 04:46 PM

Re: OT: A lot of you have ego problems.

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime someone posts something you deem "stupid". You bash the person...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would be a good time to do so. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bones 10-21-2005 04:47 PM

Poker players have egos? The [censored] you say!

rockythecat99 10-21-2005 04:47 PM

HEHE I find that funny too. Good catch.

rockythecat99 10-21-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing the point. The point of these forums are to learn. Go to the MTT forums. Everyone is quick to help out a new player. Here all you guys say is "you are stupid" "Your ROI is a lie" " HAHA you are only beating the 10s". All of you have to realize people come here to learn not to be bashed by the likes of you. Who the hell are you guys anyway?? A bunch of wannabe pros. Maybe one or two of you make any significant money but the rest of you I highly doubt.

bones 10-21-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are missing the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You posted a seemingly innocuous question (one that probably could have been answered by the FAQ in at least 3 different places) and someone was mean to you. K, got the point.

[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell are you guys anyway?? A bunch of wannabe pros. Maybe one or two of you make any significant money but the rest of you I highly doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

So just wait til everyone goes bust and have your run of the place.

DMACM 10-21-2005 04:57 PM

If you think this is bad stay out of other other topics. There if you make a post they think is stupid or question the moderator they ban you from 2+2. It happened to me and my friend. I guess these forums kinda stray from a public place to exchange advice and turn into little groups of friends that give a hard time to outsiders.

downtown 10-21-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen such ego from a bunch of internet players in my life including the mod. All of you think you are great poker players making millions of dollars. Everytime someone posts something you deem "stupid". You bash the person i.e the free poker coach. 99% started playing because you saw it on espn now make a couple of bucks playing poker and now you are poker gods. Give me a break. Some of you need to check your egos at the door cuz I am sure 99% of you are not as good as you think you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like your first post in this forum where a well respected poster went out of his way to answer your question directed only to him?

Yeah, seems really horrible to be a n00b here...

I'm really not sure what you're referring to, since you give no examples, but if you can't handle flak from a couple of nobody weirdos like me or other STT posters, how in the hell can you expect to keep cool when playing poker?

Edit: Also there are obviously more ballas here than any other forum! Batch, please! Ok, well maybe not more than mid-high NL.

Bigwig 10-21-2005 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should make over 100K playing poker in the next 12 months.

*has huge ego*

zambonidrivr 10-21-2005 05:04 PM

I'm really not sure what you're referring to, since you give no examples, but if you can't handle flak from a couple of nobody weirdos like me or other STT posters, how in the hell can you expect to keep cool when playing poker?

lorinda 10-21-2005 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are missing the point. The point of these forums are to learn. Go to the MTT forums. Everyone is quick to help out a new player. Here all you guys say is "you are stupid" "Your ROI is a lie" " HAHA you are only beating the 10s". All of you have to realize people come here to learn not to be bashed by the likes of you. Who the hell are you guys anyway?? A bunch of wannabe pros. Maybe one or two of you make any significant money but the rest of you I highly doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you feel you are entitled to free help? Maybe you should post some.

Lori

Jman28 10-21-2005 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to think the STT forum dishes out some 'tough love'.

When we say 'your ROI is a lie' we are almost always correct. Not that you are lying about your ROI, but that you're running good/bad and it will even out in the long run.

Most of the things that seem mean to you are reality checks that you need to go through. The fact is, a lot of posters really do make a whole lot of money playing poker. They are not wannabe pros, but real pros. Many of them post here to keep their game sharp or just to be nice (and some because they like 100s of people sweating their nuts). Since they are usually doing you (not you specifically, but any young player) a favor by responding to your posts, you should grant them a little bit of understanding. They may not always take the time to say things in the nicest way possible.

Seth Money 10-21-2005 05:06 PM

This board is my place of enjoyment in between playing. I think you have a problem, you need to lighten up a bit too bud. There are a lot of posts that do benefit the players and a lot of posts that are started that just don't belong. (i.e. this one)

So basically you have told everyone to [censored] off even the mods. I hope you enjoy ur time. I have to get back to playing.

Seth

playtitleist 10-21-2005 05:07 PM

Seriously man, I wouldn't sweat it. The value add provided at this forum far out-weighs the hurt feelings. If you ignore the hate and take in the discussion (agree or disagree), you'll be a better poker player. That you can count on.

Oh, and OP of the "Coaching" post had to know he was going to get flamed or he isn't paying attention.

lorinda 10-21-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously man, I wouldn't sweat it. The value add provided at this forum far out-weighs the hurt feelings. If you ignore the hate and take in the discussion (agree or disagree), you'll be a better poker player. That you can count on.

Oh, and OP of the "Coaching" post had to know he was going to get flamed or he isn't paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to add that in posting "It may not be the most accurate of plays to fold your AA preflop" in several different polite ways soon gets old, and it's much more fun to offer the same advice but in a more interesting [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] manner.

As others have said, the advice still gets offered.

Lori

SCfuji 10-21-2005 05:11 PM

YES SIR!!!!!!

Rduke55 10-21-2005 05:13 PM

Please, I play less tables for less money than most of the people here and I have never had a problem with civility or not being helped.
Maybe it's because I don't start ridiculous threads
-zing!-
Seriously though, why do you care?

P.S. I am pretty wonderful though.

Edit: I just saw your other post in the MTT forum. C'mon, give it a rest.

pooh74 10-21-2005 05:15 PM

WTF???

Dude, Not to brag, or say that I am a valuable poster...but, when I started reading here about a year and a half ago, I made sure to read all I could for the first 3 months before I even registered. Not because I was afraid of how a bunch of random people would treat me if asked dumb questions, but because I had nothing to add or ask that wasnt already here. I was a LOSING player before 2+2...I will, NEVER, be a pro...I know that, and that's fine because I have a job and went to grad school for it etc...But, I win, and I am close to 100% sure I am winning player (SNGs and MTTs only) at lower stakes (read $30 and below). I would never be able to say this without having come to 2+2 STT to stay...talk to people as you would if they were in the room with you and you will get the same in return. Internet forums are a bit creepy in what they bring out in people, but they are very useful. Dont get high and mighty until you have been here for at least 3 years...(which will also tend to prove whether you are a winner or not).

ForumBot 10-21-2005 05:53 PM

"S.T.F.U." - You're outa your element

Manque 10-21-2005 06:01 PM

For the same reasons as you I waited six months before joining the forum. During that time I found out what roi was, got the aleomagus guide etc. The point being, I did my homework and have never been given a hard time about a post.

beeyjay 10-21-2005 06:14 PM

i think everybody here is completely helpful and friendly. the only time you see somebody being a total dick is when somebody posts something really fricken stupid. if you post that you have an roi of 60% and ask if thats good or ask what your stats look like after 50 games then you're going to get made fun of because to be quite honest you are not intelligent and a large number of posters here are very intelligent. smart people often become annoyed by stupid people for their stupidity. i dont know if thats right or wrong but thats how it is.

The other thing that people are dicks about is when some new player doesn't believe what they say. When some people on this forum play 50+ games a day and have been doing so for a long time, they know things. If somebody who has played 50 games total comes in and argues with something the long time player KNOWS to be true, thats aggravating.

Finally, a lot of people here play for a lot of money. swings of thousands of dollars can start to bug even the most solid of players and this forum is often a place of support to turn to. I cant think of many posters that have something to offer that were bashed to the point of not returning. id agree with somebody else that said anybody that is going to be any good at poker is going to have thick enough skin to be made fun of on an internet forum.

fisherman112 10-21-2005 06:15 PM

how does what the op said solve anything? yes most people on here think they're better than they are, but all poker players do. is it really that much better to ridicule people for being jerks than to ridicule people for being poker-ignorant? i dont think it is.

The Yugoslavian 10-21-2005 06:19 PM

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTZ!

Yugoslav

Freudian 10-21-2005 06:26 PM

I'm no poker god. But I can taunt with the best of them.

You have poopy pants, sir.

Seth Money 10-21-2005 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no poker god. But I can taunt with the best of them.

You have poopy pants, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thats just rude. So what if I just sh-arted myself

GtrHtr 10-21-2005 06:37 PM

I think you should try this

rockythecat99 10-21-2005 06:48 PM

LOL. Thats a good one. First of all my post is not because someone was stupid to me. It is because everyday I look here at least one or twice a day someone is flamed for asking a "stupid" question or making stupid comments like the guy about coaching for free. I don't even post here much because i know i am going to get flamed just thought you should know how stupid it is for a bunch of internet players to flame a guy who is trying to learn.

Michael C. 10-21-2005 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just thought you should know how stupid it is for a bunch of internet players to flame a guy who is trying to learn.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, that's -EV. It's much more positive to your equity to make the guy better so he can take your money. ;-)

pergesu 10-21-2005 07:56 PM

Smoke a bowl, dawg

Vetstadium 10-21-2005 08:20 PM

I'd agree and I've never bashed a player, think I know what I am doing bt helpful (I hope) and just happy to be living in a time where we can play internet poker.

SuitedSixes 10-21-2005 08:54 PM

http://usera.imagecave.com/BSwing23/...n_progress.gif

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Sixes

valenzuela 10-21-2005 09:07 PM

Let me get this straight.
You come to this forum.
You get free advice.
You complain that posters are nasty to you.

Dude you dont look at the teeth of a free horse.

You can dude the nasty job of answering all those should I push A6 on the SB threads...i try to do it sometimes.

SlackerMcFly 10-21-2005 09:19 PM

Sadly, I have no ego. Is it available for purchase? Can it be learned? Will it make me a better player? Gotta get me some Ego!

SlackerMcEyeore

MegaBet 10-21-2005 10:33 PM

I have not read any of the replies, but I'm sure I can guess what's being written.

WE ARE POKER PLAYERS! WE NEED TO HAVE HUGE EGOS!

OK, I'm going back to win more $$$ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10-21-2005 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point of these forums are to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]The subject of your sentence is "point" a singular noun, so the verb should also be singular, in this case "is". I hope this has helped you in your quest to learn something.

splashpot 10-21-2005 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. Thats a good one. First of all my post is not because someone was stupid to me. It is because everyday I look here at least one or twice a day someone is flamed for asking a "stupid" question or making stupid comments like the guy about coaching for free. I don't even post here much because i know i am going to get flamed just thought you should know how stupid it is for a bunch of internet players to flame a guy who is trying to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think people here are flamed for trying to learn. If that indeed is what they are doing. Somee people come here, post something, ask for advice, then refuse to listen when they are given advice.

I don't know about you, but when I ask for advice and someone tells me that I was wrong, I listen. THAT is what makes these forums useful. Some people just post stuff that is so blatently wrong, then ignore everyone when they're told it's wrong.

10-22-2005 12:32 AM

When I was first starting out (this was before the FAQ), and I had a question, I POSTED IN THE BEGINNER FORUM! There you can ask the most retarded of questions and not get flamed. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

tjh 10-22-2005 01:49 AM

The OP is correct.

You guys are a bunch of jerks...

Too much time in front of a monitor, too much rake to party, not enough fresh air sunshine or exercise.

I do not even lurk here for the poker advice. I am gathering data for my thesis on anonymous aggression on the internet in general and in internet poker in particular. This forum is a goldmine. Keep it up you swollen ego, rude MF's. You all are not even good enough to tie my laces..

--
tjh

Slim Pickens 10-22-2005 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude you dont look at the teeth of a free horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

No mire un caballo del regalo en la boca, Ese.

10-22-2005 02:59 AM

I was a losing player before lurking here.