Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   QTo play along... every street is interesting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362333)

10-21-2005 09:31 AM

QTo play along... every street is interesting

3/6 6m

I open from the hijack with QTo, Villain (23/18/3.25, 150 hands) 3-bets from the button, blinds fold, I call

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , I don't have a spade.
Hero checkraises, villain 3-bets.

Can I chuck this here? I think villain's range is pretty narrow (I haven't seen him get out of hand yet) and at best I'm probably drawing to 5 outs, maybe 3, maybe less.

At this point the pot lays me 12:1.

jba 10-21-2005 09:36 AM

Re: QTo play along... every street is interesting

I would call to see the turn. The big problem here is that your implied odds are terrible, but yeah I think the pot is big enough to peel here.

Stefan_K 10-21-2005 09:46 AM

i fold preflop

postflop i'm not sure what to do

partygirluk 10-21-2005 09:48 AM

He could have a variety of hands here. Most likely call down. Definitely don't fold flop.

10-21-2005 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He could have a variety of hands here. Most likely call down. Definitely don't fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention that I was on a pretty bad run of cards so I probably looked like (18/10/3) to villain, if he's paying attention. What do you put his range at partygirl?

10-21-2005 10:32 AM

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , I don't have a spade.
Hero checkraises, villain 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checkraises, villain pauses, then calls. This street was easy IMO. Also, Villain's pause is a good tell that he doesn't have a flush draw methinks.

At this point I put villain on AQ/QK/AA/KK, possibly an overaggresive AK with a spade but that is a stretch.

SnglMaltScotch 10-21-2005 10:45 AM

Other than not opening with QTo, I think that everything so far is standard. The only change I might make is to try for a bet/3bet on the turn. This guy is REALLY aggressive at 3.25 and will probably still raise KK/AA, but not 3 bet a C/R.

Big question is.... Do you go for the trifecta?

deception5 10-21-2005 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Big question is.... Do you go for the trifecta?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, villian checks behind too often imo.

partygirluk 10-21-2005 10:57 AM

He could have AA-77, two big spades, two big cards with a Q.

10-21-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He could have AA-77, two big spades, two big cards with a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I haven't seen people play this aggresively at 3/6 in this situation with 77-JJ unless they are tilting maniacs. Perhaps this is more standard at 5/10 and above?

10-21-2005 11:43 AM

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero makes super easy value bet, but do we call a raise?

The Truth 10-21-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold preflop

postflop i'm not sure what to do

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a pretty easy preflop raise.

I play the rest of the hand the same.

blake

10-21-2005 11:58 AM

He's at least as likely to have the As here as AA, KK, or AQ. Given the size of the pot I think you call and bet the turn unless an A or spade hits. If he raises your turn bet then fold. If he calls the turn bet then check the river in the dark.

TheDelChop 10-21-2005 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who folds this PF is a weak-tightie. Rest of the hand is standard. I don't think there is a single hand that the villian raises on the river that you beat. I gave some thought to A-K spades, but after getting checkraised twice I doubt he raises with one pair. Hope you took it down.

TheDelChop 10-21-2005 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's at least as likely to have the As here as AA, KK, or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is a TAG. Which one of us puts a 3rd bet in on the flop with a back door flush and an overcard? Best case scenario is that he has two good spades (AK,AJ,A10) No way you are ahead on the flop at $3/$6, call and check raise his ass on the turn when you catch up.

10-21-2005 12:31 PM

You're right that I overstated the point by saying "at least as likely." But with a villain whose postflop agg. is 3.25 there's enough of a chance that he's got a big spade that I still think my proposed line is probably the best one. But it's very close.

10-21-2005 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right that I overstated the point by saying "at least as likely." But with a villain whose postflop agg. is 3.25 there's enough of a chance that he's got a big spade that I still think my proposed line is probably the best one. But it's very close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am careful not to misread a high AF. I know this has been beaten to death, but a high AF may mean villain is a 'raise or fold' type of guy that doesn't know when it's profitible to just call. Just because his AF is that high doens't mean he's going to go beserk with overcards and a BDFD.

~Ryan

10-21-2005 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's at least as likely to have the As here as AA, KK, or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is a TAG. Which one of us puts a 3rd bet in on the flop with a back door flush and an overcard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might, but if I did it would be to take a free river, which villain did not.

10-21-2005 01:14 PM

The turn check/raise is terrible if he is capable of 3betting for a freecard on the flop. Dont be fancy, just bet so you dont give him infinite odds to draw out.

10-21-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn check/raise is terrible if he is capable of 3betting for a freecard on the flop. Dont be fancy, just bet so you dont give him infinite odds to draw out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if villain was capable of 3 betting for a free card or not. Also, I think AA/KK/QK/QA were more likely holdings than drawing hands.

I do like the bet-3bet line someone else suggested because AA/KK will still probably raise this turn.

mtdoak 10-21-2005 01:53 PM

Preflop before the 3 bet or preflop AFTER the 3 bet? Given a narrow range of hands here (AA-TT, AK, maybe AQ), your at worst a 5-1 dog. Getting 6-1, you should at least see the flop.

10-21-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop before the 3 bet or preflop AFTER the 3 bet? Given a narrow range of hands here (AA-TT, AK, maybe AQ), your at worst a 5-1 dog. Getting 6-1, you should at least see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm? In the original post I was asking about folding to the 3bet on the flop, if that is what you are referring to.

10-21-2005 03:55 PM

Results in white below:

<font color="white">Villain calls with AQ and my hand is good. </font>