Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   more interest in videos? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362045)

baronzeus 10-20-2005 09:55 PM

more interest in videos?

would you all watch these videos if we made more?

sthief09 10-20-2005 09:57 PM

Re: more interest in videos?

si

SlyGuy 10-20-2005 09:59 PM

It's great watching high limit stuff, but i would love to see some more good win rate players playing 3/6 and 5/10. I don't think 10/20+ close enough a game to apply everything we see.

cookie 10-20-2005 10:04 PM

Yes, if single tabling

imported_CaseClosed326 10-20-2005 10:07 PM

Single table please

baronzeus 10-20-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, if single tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

why is signle table preferred?

hobbsmann 10-20-2005 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, if single tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also like what TStone did when he cut out all the boring portions of his session and left the meat. It was kind of hectic as well as hard on the eyes watching 4 tables given the quality.

Saborion 10-20-2005 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, if single tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess it's because looking at multiple tables is tough when not playing yourself. That shouldn't be a problem for the viewer though, just focus on 1-2 tables and neglect the others.

SUfan5 10-20-2005 10:10 PM

I wouldn't say single table, that would be slow as hell. I think 3 tables would be fine. I did enjoy the video though and would watch more in the future.

lautzutao 10-20-2005 10:13 PM

hells yeah

Danenania 10-20-2005 10:20 PM

I think they're cool. It would be especially rad to see one of our all stars like All1n or Schneids do one of their high limit sessions.

I do think some kind of etiquette where people don't post these more than once every few days or so would be nice or else it could start to get ridiculous. Also I don't know if it's possible to edit in some kind of hand numbering system or maybe a time signature but that might make discussing the hands easier to do.

I'll probably make one at some point. If nothing else hopefully peer pressue will at least stop me from doing anything too dumb during that time period.

By the way, are any coaches out there thinking of implementing this into their teaching programs? Seems like it could be a revolutionary coaching tool.

10-20-2005 10:20 PM

Yes, and 4 table.

El Ishmael 10-20-2005 10:26 PM

Definitely.

cookie 10-20-2005 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, if single tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Single table in the waffle style, folded hands cut out.

Single table because it is easier to take notes, get reads, use stats etc, when watching a video u dont have the same "feel" as when playing

10-20-2005 10:34 PM

Go for it, and 4 tables is fine.

For those who have trouble with 4 tables and miss something, you can always rewind.

thesharpie 10-20-2005 10:38 PM

For sure. Would like to see more lower limit ones as well as higher limit.

waffle 10-20-2005 11:02 PM

If no one else posts 3/6 videos, I'll try to post one about once a week.

Edit: I would also enjoy continuing to watch and perhaps commenting on videos of higher limits.

SlyGuy 10-20-2005 11:03 PM

I am too embarassed to make one.

dealer_toe 10-20-2005 11:08 PM

I'd watch em. One table w/ editing out the boring hands is my preference.

Catt 10-20-2005 11:40 PM

Just watched it. Pretty cool. I would watch more. Cheers to you and TStoneMBD for this.

Edit: And would provide any feedback, too. I'm too late for this one as everything I think I would comment on was discussed in the thread already.

wpzone 10-20-2005 11:46 PM

I think it would be very beneficial to watch a proven winner playing 3/6 or 5/10 expecially if you could work in some commentary.

10-20-2005 11:50 PM

Bring them on! could be interesting to watch other players at 2/4 and 3/6.

Kyle 10-20-2005 11:53 PM

really enjoy the videos. If i can figure out how to work the thing I;m going to post one myself

cookie 10-21-2005 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
really enjoy the videos. If i can figure out how to work the thing I;m going to post one myself

[/ QUOTE ]
Waffle has made a walktrough (sp?)

[ QUOTE ]
How to record your own video

Download CamStudio. It's shareware with a 2 week trial. Options -> Video Options. Compressor should be on Microsoft Video 1 and "Auto Adjust" should be clicked under Framerates. We will eventually compress the video with XViD, but it's better to do it after recording is finished.

Region -> Fixed Region -> Mark a single table to record.

Use the record and pause buttons as needed. When you are finished, press the stop button and save to an AVI. It should be pretty huge, maybe 500 megs for 20 minutes or so.

Download VirtualDub, 32 bit edition. Run it and File -> Open video file -> choose your AVI.
Video -> Fast recompress mode.
Video -> Framerate -> Frame Rate Conversion -> Tick "Convert to fps" and enter "15" in the box. -> OK.
Video -> Compression -> XViD MPEG-4 Codec -> OK.
(If that option isn't there, install XViD.)
File -> Save as AVI -> Enter new file name -> OK.
It will take a few minutes to produce your final video.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-21-2005 12:09 AM

definitely, if anyone could do some full ring stuff (one or more tables since it's easier to follow multitables when it's not SH) i would appreciate it. maybe some lower limits?

imported_stealthcow 10-21-2005 12:13 AM

would you guys be willing to host other peoples videos?

and yea, i think its a really cool idea and a great tool- and along with danemania, it would be a really good idea for coaches, as pt stats are already displayed, easier for them to look through all the hands

stealthcow-

cookie 10-21-2005 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would you guys be willing to host other peoples videos?

and yea, i think its a really cool idea and a great tool- and along with danemania, it would be a really good idea for coaches, as pt stats are already displayed, easier for them to look through all the hands

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]
yousendit.com are willing to host it for a week [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] after a week its getting old anyway [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

surfdoc 10-21-2005 04:25 AM

These are cool and 4 tables is fine. Sometimes you just watch 1 table and then replay it if you get lost. Better than just 1 IMO.

stigmata 10-21-2005 04:26 AM

Someone do a $300/600 please.

Victor 10-21-2005 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, if single tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also like what TStone did when he cut out all the boring portions of his session and left the meat. It was kind of hectic as well as hard on the eyes watching 4 tables given the quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is tons more money *made* during the boring stuff. the *meat* is easy to play and does not factor much into your winrate.

Victor 10-21-2005 04:34 AM

i am dying to show you guys how poorly i play. i could give you my screenname but i dont think that would do it justice.

so yea. i really would love to get torn apart on here. unfortunately i cant figure out how to put all these damn videos on the net. i have some good ones too. i go many bets with bad hands. i fold to caps. i berate incessantly. i would certainly give reason to conversate.

anyway, help me get my [censored] on the net. yousendit sucks and i am too stupid/lazy to figure out an alternative.

aK13 10-21-2005 05:16 AM

I actually think videos should NOT be edited. Here's why:
1. It will help to compare your preflop decisions with others. A routine preflop fold for me might be an open or limp for the person playing in the video (or vice versa).

2. Helps with reads. It will be less confusing for a player to watch you cap every street with TP/TK if we know opponent is a maniac who caps with 9 high. (or if a certain player tends to be aggressive/passive).

I don't think 4 tables is hectic at all. I actually watched the video on 2x speed because I thought there was a lot of down time.

Finally, I gotta learn to 3bet K9o preflop vs. a button raise, then proceed to 3bet the flop with only a gutshot when he capped preflop =D.

Good stuff. Show some absolute 50/100.

baronzeus 10-21-2005 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I gotta learn to 3bet K9o preflop vs. a button raise, then proceed to 3bet the flop with only a gutshot when he capped preflop =D.

[/ QUOTE ]

CLEARLY +EV

oh, and the 50/100 was taken down. no more of that from me.

aK13 10-21-2005 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CLEARLY +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

What? AP removed 50/100 games? or you just not playing that anymore.

baronzeus 10-21-2005 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CLEARLY +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

What? AP removed 50/100 games? or you just not playing that anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

they removed it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

wheelz 10-21-2005 07:33 AM

aren't they getting 75/150 now? step up you weakling [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10-21-2005 07:57 AM

I found it really interesting, as you get to see a lot of the hands that otherwise doesnt find their way into the forum.I would be happy to see some more.

Thanks for the effort!

flawless_victory 10-21-2005 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aren't they getting 75/150 now? step up you weakling [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]is it 6max? is the sb 50 or some gay 37/38?
ive never played absolute, but if they got 75/1506max w/ 2/3 sb i will have to get an account.

flawless_victory 10-21-2005 08:26 AM

i couldnt make the other video work. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] help!

The Truth 10-21-2005 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am dying to show you guys how poorly i play. i could give you my screenname but i dont think that would do it justice.

so yea. i really would love to get torn apart on here. unfortunately i cant figure out how to put all these damn videos on the net. i have some good ones too. i go many bets with bad hands. i fold to caps. i berate incessantly. i would certainly give reason to conversate.

anyway, help me get my [censored] on the net. yousendit sucks and i am too stupid/lazy to figure out an alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my favorite post.

blake