Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   big hand, big draw-bubble time (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361762)

tdarko 10-20-2005 03:06 PM

big hand, big draw-bubble time

50+5 MTT
top 9 pay, 11 players left

these are rough numbers and from memory so bare with me.

stacks:
Hero- 29K
CO-18K
Button- 32K (chip leader)

blinds are 200/400, Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and raises to 2000, CO calls, Button calls.

flop (A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])~6600
Hero bets 6500, CO calls, Button calls.

turn (A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])~26100
Hero???

i have a little over 20K left (these are close enough numbers) whats my line here?

Exitonly 10-20-2005 03:09 PM

Re: big hand, big draw-bubble time

What are the other stacks in the hand?

that'll decide what i do.

tdarko 10-20-2005 03:10 PM

sorry i will edit, my fault.

Exitonly 10-20-2005 03:17 PM

ok, i put CO allin, and call button if he pushes.

edit: though, might get button's money in more often if you let CO push. then button calls and you push over the top. Cause i can't imagine CO isn't planning on playing for all his chips after just calling 33% of his stack off.

tdarko 10-20-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ok, well thats what happened. i bet T19000, CO calls all-in, button pushes, i call all-in.

SossMan 10-20-2005 03:29 PM

get it in there.

SossMan 10-20-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: though, might get button's money in more often if you let CO push. then button calls and you push over the top. Cause i can't imagine CO isn't planning on playing for all his chips after just calling 33% of his stack off.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, actually, this is much better. check and let SS get it in.

Roman 10-20-2005 03:31 PM

Exactly what is interesting or worth discussing about this hand again?

tdarko 10-20-2005 03:32 PM

yeah i played to win the tournement, not to just finish in the money.

CO showed a set of 6's, Button showed K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] the river was a brick and i was out.

Exitonly 10-20-2005 03:33 PM

when i did pokerstove, i gave shorty a set and button the flush. Still a good push. You had 33% equity on the turn, not bad for a draw vs two people.

tdarko 10-20-2005 03:34 PM

the fact that i post in mid/high and i am mainly a cash game player. i am here to learn, if you find something uninteresting then why post...oh i get it if you want to up your post count go to OOT.

SossMan 10-20-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i played to win the tournement, not to just finish in the money.

CO showed a set of 6's, Button showed K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] the river was a brick and i was out.

[/ QUOTE ]

17 outs (if behind). You are probably behind less than 50% of the time. This is the time to seize control of the tournament. If you won this hand, you would be in optimal position heading to the final table to pick on people who were trying to move up spots.
This hand plays itself really, bubble or no bubble.

Whitey 10-20-2005 04:56 PM

Do you really think were ahead more than 50% of the time here?

Hero raises 5XBB UTG and pots it on A xc xc flop.

Unless the callers are complete donks 1 of these calls will more often than not be a flush draw IMO.( and the other will be a set). Theres no way 2 pair/Ax doesnt re-raise with the clubs out there.

I think I check the turn with the intention of re-raising all in or taking the free card, if we dont improve I check call, and I think we still win a pretty nice pot if the board pairs or brings the 4th club.

adanthar 10-20-2005 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think were ahead more than 50% of the time here?

Hero raises 5XBB UTG and pots it on A xc xc flop.

Unless the callers are complete donks 1 of these calls will more often than not be a flush draw IMO.( and the other will be a set). Theres no way 2 pair/Ax doesnt re-raise with the clubs out there.

I think I check the turn with the intention of re-raising all in or taking the free card, if we dont improve I check call, and I think we still win a pretty nice pot if the board pairs or brings the 4th club.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with this. You are nearly always behind on this turn and have no reason to drive anybody out on the off chance you aren't. I think it's a check/call.