Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   PLO/8 Game tomorrow (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361416)

mason55 10-20-2005 01:54 AM

PLO/8 Game tomorrow

Alright. I know a lot of you mother effers get tired of playing hold em. It's time for you to learn a new game. Tomorrow on Party I will be hosting a Pot Limit Omaha Eight or Better game. I will be showing and discussing every hand. Our fearless mod, xorbie, will be there too. I'm currently playing the 200PL game and xorbie is around there too. TWP is around there too and might be showing up tomorrow. The game tomorrow will be 25PL so that it's more educational.

If you're willing to lose some money to learn a new game, show up tomorrow. We'll have some fun, talk ish about some SSNL posters, and you all can learn a new game that's WAY easier to take money from fish.

Also, I plan to be drunk, so ask wtfsvi about how well I donate when I'm drunk.

Time: 9pm
Table: masonfiftyfi's private table
Password: supbro

If you're planning on coming, drop a comment in this thread so we can start a second table if necessary.

-Mason

Malachii 10-20-2005 01:58 AM

Re: PLO/8 Game tomorrow

Dude I'm going to pwn. Just one question: What does 8 or better mean? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

xorbie 10-20-2005 02:00 AM

It means if you have an 8 or better in your hand, you automatically win!

JUST GO ALL IN PREFLOP DOOD! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

ajmargarine 10-20-2005 02:00 AM

Is this that game where you get 4 cards instead of 2??

mason55 10-20-2005 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this that game where you get 4 cards instead of 2??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. And you can use 1, 2, 3 or 4 cards from your hand. If you have four diamonds in your hand and there's one on the flop, you have a flush!!!!

BTW, please play tomorrow. I've been running bad.

EMcWilliams 10-20-2005 02:05 AM

Unless Im also drunk, count me in.

mason55 10-20-2005 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless Im also drunk, count me in.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF dude. I am planning to be drunk. The drunker you are the more likely you should be to play. It's only 25NL and I promise xorbie will be a maniac (easy promise to keep).

ajmargarine 10-20-2005 02:07 AM

Dang, you're purple now too.

Do they have a butter-like color for me?

PLO8 is maybe down the road for me. But, I'm not gonna mess around with it yet. Still learning HE. And MTT's. So I'll pass...but you kids have fun.

JaBlue 10-20-2005 02:09 AM

play on stars and I'm in

mason55 10-20-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PLO8 is maybe down the road for me. But, I'm not gonna mess around with it yet. Still learning HE. And MTT's. So I'll pass...but you kids have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

come on dude, you can't drop a couple 25 dollar buy-ins? i promise i'll be extra drunk for you [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

EMcWilliams 10-20-2005 02:13 AM

yea but drunk means not near el computerdora

EMcWilliams 10-20-2005 02:14 AM

However, I am running so bad I might just play sober to learn and to make some money back.

mason55 10-20-2005 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea but drunk means not near el computerdora

[/ QUOTE ]

oh you're one of those "non-alcoholics" who doesn't drink alone. sorry.

Malachii 10-20-2005 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It means if you have an 8 or better in your hand, you automatically win!

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And you can use 1, 2, 3 or 4 cards from your hand. If you have four diamonds in your hand and there's one on the flop, you have a flush!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion we're getting hustled?

mason55 10-20-2005 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion we're getting hustled?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up and come donate, fool.

amoeba 10-20-2005 03:14 AM

Plo8 is lower variance but also lower profits.

mason55 10-20-2005 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plo8 is lower variance but also lower profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're in for tomorrow? Sweet!

BTW, take a look at the plo8 forums. A decent winrate is 18PTBB/100. Yeah, if you're playing good players, it's lower profit. Playing the donkeys at Party PLO/8 is both lower variance and higher profits.

amoeba 10-20-2005 03:19 AM

hmm, maybe my plo skills aren't as good as I think they are.

in any case, it will be fun.

mason55 10-20-2005 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm, maybe my plo skills aren't as good as I think they are.

in any case, it will be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it that means you're going to try and show up. That makes me very happy. Do me a favor and help me harass TWP because he claims he actually knows what he's doing.

amoeba 10-20-2005 03:29 AM

the difference between a decent PLO8 player and an excellent PLO8 player is not that great compared to holdem.

but the difference between a decent PLO8 player and a PLO8 fish is leagues apart from the difference in holdem.

and yes, I'll show up.

Malachii 10-20-2005 03:38 AM

Mason55 will be paying for my lunch for a week after tomorrow!

mason55 10-20-2005 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the difference between a decent PLO8 player and an excellent PLO8 player is not that great compared to holdem.

but the difference between a decent PLO8 player and a PLO8 fish is leagues apart from the difference in holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is why Party PLO/8 is SUPER profitable. I mean. Uh. Tough. Yeah. Don't come play that game guys. Really tough.

mason55 10-20-2005 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason55 will be paying for my lunch for a week after tomorrow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait till we both flop the nuts but I'm freerolling you on the high redraw and the nut low.

xorbie 10-20-2005 03:41 AM

Try getting a set over set and then losing the entire pot in two hands with 55% equity when you move up to the 400. Then PLO8 isn't as much fun. I'm still emotionally scarred. I'll be heading back soon though.

Malachii 10-20-2005 03:49 AM

Boo. Where did my pretty colors go?

Malachii 10-20-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wait till we both flop the nuts but I'm freerolling you on the high redraw and the nut low

[/ QUOTE ] And you think Wtfsvi is a luckbox. You ain't seen nothing yet!

mason55 10-20-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try getting a set over set and then losing the entire pot in two hands with 55% equity when you move up to the 400. Then PLO8 isn't as much fun. I'm still emotionally scarred. I'll be heading back soon though.

[/ QUOTE ]

PLO/8 200

Hero and Villain have 300 each.

Hero has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
5 people limp.
Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain bets pot ($10) Hero raises pot ($40) Villain calls $30 more.
Turn K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot $90)
Villain bets pot ($90) Hero pushes with top set and OESFD Villain calls
River 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain turns over A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero kills self.

HOWEVER. The other side of the coin is that 8 hands later I limped with AA28ds. Flop was AT7. We get it all in on the flop (same villain) and he shows 7772 with no redraws. That is why this game is so profitable. It's rare (very close to impossible) in holdem to have you opp drawing dead on the flop. I got 1 and a half buyins in on the flop with my opp drawing DEAD.

mason55 10-20-2005 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boo. Where did my pretty colors go?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!?!??!?!?!?

Oh, and if you want me to post some wtfsvfish hand histories against me I will.

xorbie 10-20-2005 03:54 AM

Man, the other mods ganged up and decided to pwn all the colors. I swear man I was helpless. Sodomy was threatened.

mason55 10-20-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, the other mods ganged up and decided to pwn all the colors. I swear man I was helpless. Sodomy was threatened.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can admit that you're curious. We're all friends here.

Malachii 10-20-2005 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahah. Wtfsvi really is an amazing luckbox in these things. I'm still hurting from when he picked up KK versus my TT on a K-T-x flop in NL Hold'em. Good thing he's in Spain for another week [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Malachii 10-20-2005 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Too bad Dynasty had to flood the market.

mason55 10-20-2005 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahah. Wtfsvi really is an amazing luckbox in these things. I'm still hurting from when he picked up KK versus my TT on a K-T-x flop in NL Hold'em. Good thing he's in Spain for another week [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I pay my cable bill and get my internet turned back on (right now I'm hijacking and open wireless connection from a neighbor on my laptop) I'm going to start a wtfsvfish luckbox thread.

beset7 10-20-2005 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear to you, if you have never played this game before that is like an automatic 5 buyin upswing waiting to happen.

Skuzzy 10-20-2005 06:17 AM

Is that tomorrow as in tonight or tommorrow as in Friday night - In the UK so I get very mixed up here.

I've played about 200 hands of "8 or better" poker and never could figure out if I had a hand at all. I did buy HLSPFAP and books on Omaha by Bob Ciaffone, Tenner/Krieger, Mike Cappelletti and Ken Warren. It's just hard to find the time to really learn a new game while I still suck at HE.

Quote from HLSPFAP : "...pot limit Omaha eight-or-better is probably a dying game, because the players who play too loose will get cut up too much and too fast. They won't catch enough miracle cards to survive." so I guess a LAG fest isn't so likely at PLO/8 anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ghazban 10-20-2005 09:34 AM

On Party or on the skin subnetwork? I don't know if private tables overlap but I doubt it. I'll play if its on the skins or if I can get on through Eurobet. I've never played PLO8 but I've played PLO and limit O8.....

dtbog 10-20-2005 10:13 AM

PLO8 >>> PLO

I'm in!

2PAUL2 10-20-2005 10:54 AM

im game

amoeba 10-20-2005 11:08 AM

arg....dropped 100 at Plo8 100s yesterday.

maybe I'm not as good as I thought.

soah 10-20-2005 11:17 AM

I would like to join but I'm not sure if the time will work out for me.

Of course, this may also involve me revealing my secret Party nick. =/ But I can change it again next month!