Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Confess your poker sins (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361330)

popesc 10-19-2005 11:59 PM

Confess your poker sins

I did something really stupid at the poker table (online) today. I was rude to a fish and scared him away from the table. This is probably the worst thing I've ever done (poker-wise). Please berate me.

If you feel like it, confess your poker sins here.

mikeyworm 10-20-2005 12:48 AM

Re: Confess your poker sins

i paly party blackjack too much. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I'm ahead, but I know it won't last.

mosquito 10-20-2005 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did something really stupid at the poker table (online) today. I was rude to a fish and scared him away from the table. This is probably the worst thing I've ever done (poker-wise). Please berate me.

If you feel like it, confess your poker sins here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is not enough room to post all my sins, nor time to write them. Just thinking about it makes me squeamish.

10-20-2005 02:05 AM

Yeah, one time after I got all in on the flop with a monster draw and hit, this guy was whining about my play, and I explained to him how I was a coinflip to win it, he was never actually ahead

angst 10-20-2005 02:22 AM

I tilt.

4_2_it 10-20-2005 08:53 AM

I watched every episode of TILT.

Bosox 10-20-2005 08:59 AM

betting unborn children on the special olympics results.

10-20-2005 09:04 AM

I call my opponents dumb butt though I know I should not.

I bluff too much.

I use stop and go too much.

I think I am better than my opponents.

I don't dance enough.

vexvelour 10-20-2005 09:17 AM

I sometimes hit and run cash games [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Justin A 10-20-2005 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i paly party blackjack too much. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I'm ahead, but I know it won't last.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no such thing as playing Party Blackjack too much. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Justin A 10-20-2005 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sometimes hit and run cash games [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a poker sin. A poker sin would be getting mad at someone who does this.

BlindingLaser 10-20-2005 09:29 AM

It's a poker sin if he's a winner in the game and he "should" be playing...he's relaxed, well-rested, and feeling like playing poker.

Jeffage 10-20-2005 11:02 AM

Delete the blackjack feature. Then you won't have to worry about it.

Jeff

arod15 10-20-2005 11:24 AM

Too aggressive....

10-20-2005 12:34 PM

I don't give weak/loose players credit for having decent hands.

dtbog 10-20-2005 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched every episode of TILT.

[/ QUOTE ]

dtbog 10-20-2005 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably the worst thing I've ever done (poker-wise).

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.panik-design.com/acatalog/b-blomus-t-box.jpg

10-20-2005 12:52 PM

I play the badbeat tables sometimes...shhh, dont tell anyone...

I call a raise and a reraise set farming...

I play too many tables at once and make stupid mistakes occasionally due to this...

revots33 10-20-2005 01:02 PM

Chasing flush draws even when I know I shouldn't.

10-20-2005 01:05 PM

I make too many crying calls on the river.
I have borderline weak-tight syndrome.
I should have moved up in limits a long time ago.
It's too late to move up in limits now because I made the poker sin of letting my spouse know that I had "extra" money sitting in my poker accounts.

ClockWyze 10-20-2005 01:37 PM

I kick my dog when I get rivered.

.. Sometimes my wife too!

10-20-2005 01:48 PM

I once played a tournament with $0 in my bankroll.

gildwulf 10-20-2005 04:07 PM

I play when I'm tired a lot.

Deamon2 10-20-2005 04:50 PM

I occasionally play "tackle-out"

Lash 10-20-2005 05:20 PM

LOL, everybody makes mistakes, hopefully some of us learn from them. My personal favorite "sin" was this:

I'm getting crushed in a game and am almost broke (on-line). I'm just livid, and beyond any emotional state I ever thought I could attain. I'm randomly typing profanities and being rude to other players. I had become what I absolutely despise with all my heart and soul.

Down to my case money in EP and raise w/ KJo...I flop top pair and play it as aggressively as possible HU w/ blind... I think I get all my money in on the flop, and in the process I type something to the effect of "IT DOESN'T MATTER, WHATEVER YOU NEED BUDDY, IT'S COMMING!"

Of course he cathes some unlikely runner runner and busts me. Then as if I hadn't already acted foolishly enough I type in something to the effect of: "F U YOU F'ING LOW LIFE SCUM... I HATE YOU ALL"

I proceeded to try to put my broke ass to sleep.

In my mind, that is about as low as I can imagine going, and I will hopefully never return to a spot even remotely close to that.

ZenMusician 10-20-2005 05:45 PM

I am so ashamed...

(2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

4 players in a raised pot

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Bet, Raise, I call (!), Re-raise, fold, call, I call

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Bet, Raise, I call (Jesus!!!), call

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bet, Raise, I Re-Raise, call, call

#1 A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
#2 A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

ZenMusician wins a million tilted donk dollars. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

-ZEN

Lash 10-20-2005 05:55 PM

Re: I am so ashamed...

Nice...

That is classic, and I swear man, in some of my altered states of being...inebriated... I could sit there after your 22 hand and actually come up with a reason based in logic as to why and how I played the hand profitably in the long run...

Saying to myself: "Those fish never would have got the value out of that boat on the river like I did!"

Lord help me... for I have sins upon sins!!!!

10-20-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, everybody makes mistakes, hopefully some of us learn from them. My personal favorite "sin" was this:

I'm getting crushed in a game and am almost broke (on-line). I'm just livid, and beyond any emotional state I ever thought I could attain. I'm randomly typing profanities and being rude to other players. I had become what I absolutely despise with all my heart and soul.

Down to my case money in EP and raise w/ KJo...I flop top pair and play it as aggressively as possible HU w/ blind... I think I get all my money in on the flop, and in the process I type something to the effect of "IT DOESN'T MATTER, WHATEVER YOU NEED BUDDY, IT'S COMMING!"

Of course he cathes some unlikely runner runner and busts me. Then as if I hadn't already acted foolishly enough I type in something to the effect of: "F U YOU F'ING LOW LIFE SCUM... I HATE YOU ALL"

I proceeded to try to put my broke ass to sleep.

In my mind, that is about as low as I can imagine going, and I will hopefully never return to a spot even remotely close to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Knish still has the truck.

10-20-2005 08:19 PM

I hit and run. It's without question my biggest poker sin. I get up a bit and think that it would be nice to go to sleep up, and I just quit. As a result, I don't play nearly enough poker and I am costing myself money. Sigh.

10-20-2005 09:52 PM

I tilt and I drink, then I drink some more.

I also should have moved up limits a long time ago

10-20-2005 11:19 PM

I find poker much more enjoyable (although not nearly as profitable) while drunk out of my mind .

SNOWBALL138 10-20-2005 11:19 PM

Ummmm, I think I have you all beat, but I'm not sure I want to say why and by how much. Instead, I'll just share this story with you:

I come home after school and I am sick with the flu. Instead of taking the day off, which I told myself I would, I proceed to play for maybe twelve hours, losing more than half of my bankroll. It was so much worse than it sounds.

"You have a story worse than that?" you ask. Ohhhhh yes. Yes I do.

The Goober 10-20-2005 11:40 PM

One time at a live 4-8 game I had just won two nice pots in a row. As I'm raking in a whole bunch of chips (the cardroom uses $1 chips in this game) I look down and see KQo. Its folded to me in EMP, and I fold [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. It was some weird combination of wanting time to stack my chips and getting a "feeling" that I was due to lose a hand and give some money back. I felt like such a fish (especially when a Q flopped on a very non-threatening board - then I got to feel like a results-oriented fish [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]).

10-20-2005 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"You have a story worse than that?" you ask. Ohhhhh yes. Yes I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, cocktease, we need to hear this

yellowjack 10-21-2005 12:25 AM

I have one so bad that I'll post after I get results.

For now, it's berating fish at $0.25/$0.50 and lower after getting outdrawn. I never do it in my regular game but I derive so much satisfaction from it.

SNOWBALL138 10-21-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For now, it's berating fish at $0.25/$0.50 and lower after getting outdrawn. I never do it in my regular game but I derive so much satisfaction from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing online 2/4 the other day, and I went bust on a short buy after getting outdrawn as a small favorite. I started typing "FUK YOU THAT WAS MY RENT MONEY!! OMFG, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?"

I then proceed to load up with something like $1300 on the table. Everyone thought it was pretty funny actually, including the guy who sucked out on me. I never actually berate people.

idrinkcoors 10-21-2005 02:10 AM

Playing 2/4 CENT on Paradise.

Then getting excited when I had the bankroll to move up to....(get ready to be blown away)...5/10 CENT.

smurfitup 10-21-2005 02:17 AM

discussing in front of a whole table of 20-40 fish why i raise ak from the blinds... STOOPID

Howard Burroughs 10-21-2005 02:56 AM

"If you feel like it, confess your poker sins here."

At the Mirage last night, I called a total stranger a Bitch.

She was a sweet looking young thing too.

Forgive me players, for I have sinned.

Howard

jzpiano14 10-21-2005 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing online 2/4 the other day, and I went bust on a short buy after getting outdrawn as a small favorite. I started typing "FUK YOU THAT WAS MY RENT MONEY!! OMFG, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?"

I then proceed to load up with something like $1300 on the table. Everyone thought it was pretty funny actually, including the guy who sucked out on me. I never actually berate people.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I'm going to have to try this