Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bill O'Reilly (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360554)

10-18-2005 11:55 PM

Bill O\'Reilly

Saw him on The Daily Show. He's such a douche. Why can't he lighten up?

HopeydaFish 10-18-2005 11:57 PM

Re: Bill O\'Reilly

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.acclaimimages.com/_galler...16-3044_SM.jpg

cbfair 10-18-2005 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He needs a shower with a nice falafel.

battschr 10-19-2005 12:01 AM

[censored], I missed this, wanted to watch. [censored].

10-19-2005 12:03 AM

Rerun coming up in less than an hour.

[censored] 10-19-2005 12:03 AM

Hating Bill O'Reilly is similar to hating the villian in wrestling. He's playing a part so that you and other people will get upset and make noise. He wants you either like him or hate him. He doesn't want you to not care.

10-19-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hating Bill O'Reilly is similar to hating the villian in wrestling. He's playing a part so that you and other people will get upset and make noise. He wants you either like him or hate him. He doesn't want you to not care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... excellent point. I understand why Bush ran for President.

JaBlue 10-19-2005 12:08 AM

yep, he's great at his job and he makes tons of money doing it. I think I remember seeing him explicitly say that he plays a part on air.

PS speaking of wrestling I saw some new wrestling organization on Spike after Ultimate Fighter last night and it was pretty sweet. Overacted but entertaining

[censored] 10-19-2005 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude are you looking to be start over again with an exile this time?

This isn't politics keep that crap out of here.

10-19-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hateful...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops... no prob. Sorry about that.

Fratony 10-19-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what a great guest to have on the show. I loved when Jon Stewart used a Charlie Brown analogy to prove a point on France, where does he come up with this stuff? O'reily's reaction to it was also priceless, he had this sort of "what the [censored] are you talking" about look on his face.

KneeCo 10-19-2005 01:20 AM

Don't mess with Poppa Bear!!

Xelent 10-19-2005 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this isn't politics, why the hell are we talking about Bill O'Reilly?

w_alloy 10-19-2005 02:31 AM

The part where Jon Stewart told O'Reilly there were no weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq, and O'Reilly said something to the effect of "you dont buy into that liberal bullshit do you?" Then called Jon a "pinhead" made me kinda mad. Jon cracked up and basically dropped it. This is part of what makes him a great interviewer, that he can touch on good topics but not push them to the point of being confrontational (it is a comedy show after all). Still, I wanted Jon to deck him, or at least persue it a bit further.

That French tirade was pretty rediculous too. Ii doesnt matter that he is playing a charcter; it discourages me that people have watched him for 9 years.

bdohaney 10-19-2005 03:31 AM

I like O'reilly. Sure, he is confrontational, opinionated and quite arrogant. But at the same time, is usually pretty smart on his subjects. Obviously it isn't just him, he has to have a terrific research team that helps him know what he does. But, his facts are usually pretty well right, his opinions and arguments are based on evidence, and he does a good job (though loud and arrogant) of destroying other people's fallacies. But, then again, I definitely tend to the right end of the political spectrum. At the same time, Jon Stewart rules. He does a fantaastic job with his show. Personally, I think that it is one of the funniest things on tv.

10-19-2005 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this isn't politics, why the hell are we talking about Bill O'Reilly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he was on a comedy show.

bawcerelli 10-19-2005 04:04 AM

How can anyone like bill oreilly? i mean COME ON. THE GUY SHOVED A DILDO UP HIS ASS WHILE TELLING AN INTERN ALL ABOUT IT OVER THE PHONE. what a nasty [censored].

[censored] 10-19-2005 04:19 AM

I watched it and thought the entire segment was hilarious. Him and Stewart were clearly playing off each other and they did a great job in putting together an entertaining segment. He may be a blow hard but this interview is not reason in itself for saying he needs to lighten up.

Matty 10-19-2005 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like O'reilly. Sure, he is confrontational, opinionated and quite arrogant. But at the same time, is usually pretty smart on his subjects. Obviously it isn't just him, he has to have a terrific research team that helps him know what he does. But, his facts are usually pretty well right, his opinions and arguments are based on evidence, and he does a good job (though loud and arrogant) of destroying other people's fallacies. But, then again, I definitely tend to the right end of the political spectrum. At the same time, Jon Stewart rules. He does a fantaastic job with his show. Personally, I think that it is one of the funniest things on tv.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you joking? O'Reilly will flat out lie on his show. Browse around http://mediamatters.org/archives/search.html?topic=The%20O'Reilly%20Factor

There's a reason FoxNews viewers score the absolute worst in surveys on public knowledge.

Fratony 10-19-2005 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched it and thought the entire segment was hilarious. Him and Stewart were clearly playing off each other and they did a great job in putting together an entertaining segment. He may be a blow hard but this interview is not reason in itself for saying he needs to lighten up.

[/ QUOTE ]
There should be a spinoff of PTI (ESPN sports show) where Stewart and O'Reily argue their respective points against each other daily, thats entertainment.

siccjay 10-19-2005 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There should be a spinoff of PTI (ESPN sports show) where Stewart and O'Reily argue their respective points against each other daily, thats entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. I would definitely watch this.

thatpfunk 10-19-2005 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they could both reign it in to be civil and fun it would be an amazing show.

canis582 10-19-2005 08:08 AM

Classic O'Reilly

Xelent 10-19-2005 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they could both reign it in to be civil and fun it would be an amazing show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is the problem. It is a good idea in theory, but on PTI, they are at least on the same wave length and can agree on lots of topics. O'Reilly would eventually jump over the desk at Stewart. And anyone that says the Daily Show isn't political or doesn't have a political agenda is flat out stupid.

thatpfunk 10-19-2005 08:19 AM

i agree that it would never be possible, but fun to entertain the thought.

Patrick del Poker Grande 10-19-2005 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
One might even give it a confrontational name... like... Crossfire!

AngryCola 10-19-2005 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would watch it.

BottlesOf 10-19-2005 10:51 AM

I was really surprised by this appearance. I generally stop watching the show when the guest comes on, but for some I need to watch and this was def. one of them.

Xelent 10-19-2005 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was really surprised by this appearance. I generally stop watching the show when the guest comes on, but for some I need to watch and this was def. one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

tonypaladino 10-19-2005 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jon Stewart is a bigger douche.

He has mastered the art of sounding smart, while actually being an idiot. Instead of presenting facts and logical arguments when his guest says something he disagrees with, he makes a sarcastic jab and rolls his eyes at the camera.

tonypaladino 10-19-2005 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a reason FoxNews viewers score the absolute worst in surveys on public knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a source, or is this one of those "it's ok to make up facts because it supports the liberal media agenda" things?

drewjustdrew 10-19-2005 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a source, or is this one of those "it's ok to make up facts because it supports the liberal media agenda" things?

[/ QUOTE ]

tonypaladino = Bill O'Reilly

Xelent 10-19-2005 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And Fox doesn't make up facts? Or for that matter, who doesn't make up facts? 99% of statistics are not true including the one I just mentioned.

AngryCola 10-19-2005 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of whether or not I agree with Stewart's politics, the above quote is one of the most untrue things I've recently read.

It's extremely difficult to be a bigger douche than Bill O'Reilly, and Jon Stewart doesn't even come close.

tonypaladino 10-19-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tonypaladino = Bill O'Reilly

[/ QUOTE ]

You caught me [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

cdxx 10-19-2005 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Classic O'Reilly

[/ QUOTE ]

this deserves a "Would You Do Her" poll.

cdxx 10-19-2005 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has mastered the art of sounding smart, while actually being an idiot. Instead of presenting facts and logical arguments when his guest says something he disagrees with, he makes a sarcastic jab and rolls his eyes at the camera.

[/ QUOTE ]

jon stewart is a comedian. if his act is rolling eyes, and the act is funny, he's done his job well. if his act is sounding smart while saying idiotic things, he's done his job very well. if you think he has a political agenda because you counted the number of republican jokes vs. democrat jokes... well... his show is clearly not for you.

o'reilly is a self-proclaimed reporter/journalist. (even though he's said that it is a "news analysis" program which i can only imagine excuses him from covering anything he doesn't like.) if he says something that's demonstratably (word?) a lie, it's not comedy, it's the definition of being-a-douche.

cdxx 10-19-2005 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And Fox doesn't make up facts? Or for that matter, who doesn't make up facts?

[/ QUOTE ]

facts-shmacts. you can prove anything with facts that's even remotely true.

tonypaladino 10-19-2005 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jon stewart is a comedian. if his act is rolling eyes, and the act is funny, he's done his job well. if his act is sounding smart while saying idiotic things, he's done his job very well. if you think he has a political agenda because you counted the number of republican jokes vs. democrat jokes... well... his show is clearly not for you.

o'reilly is a self-proclaimed reporter/journalist. (even though he's said that it is a "news analysis" program which i can only imagine excuses him from covering anything he doesn't like.) if he says something that's demonstratably (word?) a lie, it's not comedy, it's the definition of being-a-douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't thing Stewart had a political agenda, then you are in idiot. It has nothing to do with "counting jokes"

To set some things straight:
1. I never said Jon Stewart wasn't a good comedian, he's hillarious, and I find him very entertaining. He's also a douche.
2. I'm not defending Bill O'Reilly.
3. I am defending fox news viewers.

cdxx 10-19-2005 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you actually challenging someone to provide a random sample of 10 FoxNews viewers and a random sample of 10 NPR viewers and quizzing them on current political events? are you actually arguing that the NPR viewers would do worse?

or perhaps you are arguing that Comedy Central viewers are douches who don't get the real story.