Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I like Phil Hellmuth (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360431)

otnemem 10-18-2005 08:44 PM

I like Phil Hellmuth

He seems like much less of a douche this year. Like someone you might actually want to spend some time at a table with. In his honor, I've updated my avatar.

10-18-2005 08:46 PM

Re: I like Phil Hellmuth

give him time....

blumpkin22 10-18-2005 08:48 PM

Nice lay down with AK on board of A44Q...

otnemem 10-18-2005 08:50 PM

Okay, he's a dick. 8:49.

Dynasty 10-18-2005 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He seems like much less of a douche this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to reassess.

billyjex 10-18-2005 08:50 PM

hellmuth is very entertaining

CrazyPsycho 10-18-2005 08:50 PM

You were saying...

10-18-2005 08:53 PM

I totally hate that guy this year. His beratement of the last guy drove me nuts. He needs to get a little dignity going, maybe a hot run.

BillFranklin 10-18-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I totally hate that guy this year. His beratement of the last guy drove me nuts. He needs to get a little dignity going, maybe a hot run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love watching Phil. Though that was a bad beat.

10-18-2005 09:02 PM

what up?
That was terrible what happened. How does a guy call for all his chips with a KJ?! That was an awful call and he deserved to be berated.

plaid 10-18-2005 09:03 PM

Comic gold! (Not to mention tension, drama and a pretty good lesson on folding). That was the best WSOP episode this year by far, IMHO.

TomHimself 10-18-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what up?
That was terrible what happened. How does a guy call for all his chips with a KJ?! That was an awful call and he deserved to be berated.

[/ QUOTE ]he raised FWIW

MicroBob 10-18-2005 09:29 PM

x-posted to this thread since this is where we're talking about our favorite douche-bag:

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone talk back to him very much though.

I would really expect someone to respond to him with a good ol' "hey Phil. You're a jack-ass."
And I know that I would be very tempted to do just this if Phil ranted on and on about some hand that I played against him.
Why do his opponents seem to just let him go on and on without ever telling him that he's being a prick?

JimHammer 10-18-2005 09:48 PM

If I were the KJ guy, I'd put half my chips in one pile and every time I called I'd say:

"I call with Phil's chips."

TimTimSalabim 10-18-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what up?

[/ QUOTE ]he raised FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude open-raised to 1200 with KJ, Hellmuth reraised to 3200 with AK, dude went all-in for almost 15k more, Hellmuth called, pot was around 35k.

rheaume 10-18-2005 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were the KJ guy, I'd put half my chips in one pile and every time I called I'd say:

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thats hilarious

i love how phil views poker hands thru his distorted prism of victimization. "honey did u see that maniac put in all his chips with 77" well guess what retard, u did it with aqo and im pretty sure 77 is a better hand...

gobboboy 10-18-2005 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thats hilarious

i love how phil views poker hands thru his distorted prism of victimization. "honey did u see that maniac put in all his chips with 77" well guess what retard, u did it with aqo and im pretty sure 77 is a better hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing against you at all, I just hate it when people say pairs are automatically 'better' than AK or other unpaired premium holdings. It's a favorite to win an all in against it, yes. Is it a better hand? Hell no. Would you call an all in with AK or 22? AK almost all the time, 22 almost never.

Phil did take some brutal beats and berated the guy more than he should have, but they are donkeys. I'm sure you all get pissed when you take a bad beat at home and are thinking to yourself "How does that *$%#&$ call off his stack with KJ!?" Get over yourselves.

KingDan 10-18-2005 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice lay down with AK on board of A44Q...

[/ QUOTE ]

That shrug and the I don't know if I want to bet lalala made me sick.

It seemed like Hellmuth reraised way too much with AQ. I know he wants to get the guy allin.... but you can commit less chips so if another player reraises him he can lay down.

lighterjobs 10-18-2005 10:19 PM

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9765/hell6jc.jpg

are you serious?

Uppercut 10-18-2005 10:26 PM

Someday, Phil will realize that luck does play a part in poker. I still don't think he actually realizes this concept.

graydot 10-18-2005 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to have to steal this idea from you to use next time I win a pot against a guy who is pissing me off

nolimitpro2005 10-18-2005 10:30 PM

the KJ guy was a major prick. gotta love how steamed he was when 99 went all-in and he called with JTs (what?!), flopped the straight, lost to full house, and was obviously enraged over his supposed bad beat. as phil pointed out, 99 had the best of it when the money was in.

then the guy hits a 3-outer on the river to beat phil when he was a monster favorite, phil goes off, and the guy calls him a crybaby. wow. seems hypocritical to me.

10-18-2005 10:31 PM

I LOVE PHIL.. hes the biggest c0ck you could possibly imagine when it comes to respecting other peoples style of play... besides.. he should realize that the reason he wins so much is that he plays better than most and most of the time he loses on a bad beat.. its quite simple.. im surprised he hasn't figured it out.. or at least adjusted his attitude.. like i remember reading somewhere.. "dont keep knocking on the fish bowl" or something

10-18-2005 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the KJ guy was a major prick. gotta love how steamed he was when 99 went all-in and he called with JTs (what?!), flopped the straight, lost to full house, and was obviously enraged over his supposed bad beat. as phil pointed out, 99 had the best of it when the money was in.

then the guy hits a 3-outer on the river to beat phil when he was a monster favorite, phil goes off, and the guy calls him a crybaby. wow. seems hypocritical to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of hypocritical, I love how Phil pointed out to the guy that it wasn't a bad beat because 99 was a favorite over JT, but then whined about it when his AQ got busted by 77. But yeah, that guy calling Phil a crybaby like 5 minutes after his own little tantrum was classic.

Xcalibur 10-18-2005 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what up?
How does a guy call for all his chips with a KJ?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, he studied Bill Fillmaff's secret system.

Kevin Bowen 10-18-2005 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://billfillmaff.planetstacked.ga...dwidechamp.jpg

Works every time...

Beavis68 10-18-2005 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someday, Phil will realize that luck does play a part in poker. I still don't think he actually realizes this concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

If luck didnt play a part in the game Phil wouldn't have any bracelets.

bmxreed36 10-18-2005 11:50 PM

I loved the one where he called the turn and river with JT (pair of tens) with two aces on the board and the other guy had jacks.

"You bet the turn and the river?!"
"You bet the turn and the river!!"

He called with a worse hand on the turn and the river. If he thought the other guy could only bet with an ace in his hand....well...oh, I like Phil just because I'd like to be at a table of his someday.

10-18-2005 11:51 PM

All I know is that I really wanted to throw something at the screen all night.

How can you be mad at the KJ guy... who by the way ISNT A PROFESSIONAL for being hypocritical when phil points out the 5% edge on 99-JTs, and then whine to his (psychologist..classic) wife abuot the same edge later?

I mean, Im still pondering how he got his bracelets... I know I came on the poker scene after he got most of them (2002) but I havent yet seen him play world class poker.

csuf_gambler 10-19-2005 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he already knows. if luck weren't involved, phil would win everytime

Dynasty 10-19-2005 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved the one where he called the turn and river with JT (pair of tens) with two aces on the board and the other guy had jacks.

He called with a worse hand on the turn and the river. If he thought the other guy could only bet with an ace in his hand....well...oh, I like Phil just because I'd like to be at a table of his someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil complemented his opponent on this hand. He called it "strong poker".

Army Eye 10-19-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what up?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was suited though, and Fillmaff's signature hand is king jack not suited. So it was a bad play.

SoftcoreRevolt 10-19-2005 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All I know is that I really wanted to throw something at the screen all night.

How can you be mad at the KJ guy... who by the way ISNT A PROFESSIONAL for being hypocritical when phil points out the 5% edge on 99-JTs, and then whine to his (psychologist..classic) wife abuot the same edge later?

I mean, Im still pondering how he got his bracelets... I know I came on the poker scene after he got most of them (2002) but I havent yet seen him play world class poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK vs KJ has a slightly higher edge than 5%

rheaume 10-19-2005 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thats hilarious

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing against you at all, I just hate it when people say pairs are automatically 'better' than AK or other unpaired premium holdings. It's a favorite to win an all in against it, yes. Is it a better hand? Hell no. Would you call an all in with AK or 22? AK almost all the time, 22 almost never.

Phil did take some brutal beats and berated the guy more than he should have, but they are donkeys. I'm sure you all get pissed when you take a bad beat at home and are thinking to yourself "How does that *$%#&$ call off his stack with KJ!?" Get over yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with u 77 isnt a great hand of course, but in taht situation for phil to whine about it is just ridiculous and retarded.. i mean rereaising all in preflop with aq offsuit.. its fair to say he was *probably* on tilt and for him to say the guy with 77 (who made the right read fwiw) was a terrible player is giantly hypocritical

in other new bill fillmaff rules

rheaume 10-19-2005 12:34 AM

when phil straight up called the guy a donkey, it was one of the greatest moments in TV history

remember, donkeys alwasy draw kids

rheaume 10-19-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that really bugged me. u checked the hand to him on a Axx flop wtf did u think he would do on the turn with qq

phils condescending nature continues to get more annoying. tonight he actually had me yelling stuff at the tv. and no i dont normally do that, heh

rheaume 10-19-2005 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil complemented his opponent on this hand. He called it "strong poker".

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon man is ur sarcasm detector totally busted [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Skipbidder 10-19-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it is just ridiculous and retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

You appear to be using some sort of strange variant spellings. Perhaps this is some sort of in-joke that I am not a part of.

rheaume 10-19-2005 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is just ridiculous and retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

You appear to be using some sort of strange variant spellings. Perhaps this is some sort of in-joke that I am not a part of.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOES NOT COMPUTE *sound fx*

Neurotoxin 10-19-2005 05:15 AM

That guy Phil reraised had called another allin with frigging JTs, and didn't understand why it wasn't a bad beat. If Phil's truly a player who thinks he can outplay anyone, why not wait for a flop instead of letting this obvious moron push you into at best a 75-25 all in for most of your chips?

The AK fold to me seemed more like weak play that turned out right. And even if it was a read, that old man was super confident and chatty with Phil during the decision. Big deal.

Oh, and checking in the dark over and over is stupid.