Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Party VIP club (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360142)

Wynton 10-18-2005 12:29 PM

Party VIP club

I emailed Party directly to see if I could get any info about offers. Essentially, I was told that, if I send them my account info, they'd send me info concerning the new Party VIP club.

Can anyone tell me what the Party VIP club involves? I assume this is some very modest type of occasional bonus, perhaps just in the form of merchandise.

I know some here have described some offers from Party, but I'm not sure if this is the same thing.

The4Aces 10-18-2005 12:55 PM

Re: Party VIP club

hopefully it will be comparable or better than empires club. With good merchendise. and freerolls, and more money back to us.

palman 10-18-2005 12:56 PM

It is the same thing as other things described a few times here.

To sum it up, 6.6 cents per raked hand.

Wynton 10-18-2005 12:57 PM

I exchanged emails again with Party. They added the following comment:

"Members of our VIP Club will benefit from Monthly Promotions, personalised email and telephone support, special freerolls, cash redemption for points and invitations to special land Based events."

But that's all the detail I have so far.

somapopper 10-18-2005 02:36 PM

Do you mean your skin account info? I didn't send party my party info because I assumed that well... they had it. Perhaps I'm giving them credit for too much competence. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Wynton 10-18-2005 02:44 PM

No, I'm referring to my account at Party.

krazyace5 10-18-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is the same thing as other things described a few times here.

To sum it up, 6.6 cents per raked hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is great for lowlimit players but sucks for high limits in comparison to rakeback, correct?

somapopper 10-18-2005 02:54 PM

I think 6.6 cents per raked hand is about right for 10/20. But according to the mods here, this promo is this month only. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

10-18-2005 05:43 PM

I think it's actually closer to RB at $5/$10(assuming 25%)
By my count $5/$10 averages about 6.7 cents per raked hand.

I don't have a lot of hands at 5/10, so I might be wrong.

CardSharpCook 10-18-2005 05:49 PM

Isn't the VIP club just that stupid players' points deal where you get free Party gear so you can be a walking billboard for them?

10-18-2005 05:53 PM

OK... stupid hypothetical question.
Is it possible to sign up thru an affiliate AND get Party's VIP rewards? You see where I'm heading?

Femto 10-18-2005 06:51 PM

I'm about to find out.

Inthacup 10-18-2005 06:59 PM

fwiw, I talked to the guy in charge of the VIP system and he never mentioned anything as solid or reliable as a $.xx/hand rewards system.

From what he told me, the promotions will be changing monthly and will often be something other than $$ reimbursement.

Cup

palman 10-18-2005 09:07 PM

It is reliable permanantly. At least through the various emails I've exchanged. I suppose you can't know for sure until December 1st. It is NOT the points for cash promotions you see for October. The exact words are "for the month of October (and each month afterwards) I will credit your account with [6.6 cents per RAKED hand]"

Whether the 6.6 cents # was just my number or the standard # I couldn't tell you.

palman 10-18-2005 09:10 PM

Its pretty fair to assume that the mods never received the offer then. It is permanant.

palman 10-18-2005 09:12 PM

My calculations have it at the equivalent of approx 22% rakeback.

I get in about 370 hands/hour four tabling, and 71% of my hands are raked.

somapopper 10-18-2005 09:19 PM

Palman, can you give me some advice for how to deal with these folks? They're basically ignoring me. I've had about 4k rake in the past month at party, I figured that this was enough for the vip folks, but maybe not?

palman 10-18-2005 09:47 PM

I'd have no idea, they emailed me. I couldn't begin to speculate what their requirements are.

From the few people I've heard who also definately received the email, we were the people who hadn't played on Party for a few months. If you've been playing on Party consistently for the past year, they really would have no incentive to make the offer.

My email actually said "we know you've been playing elsewhere" so then they made the offer.

rhizome 10-18-2005 10:58 PM

Be patient. I sent them an email last week. This evening some lady called and talked to me about how much I play, what limits, etc. She said that I was the type of player they were looking for. The details weren't real good, but basically she said that would pay like $800 per month if I play 15k hands (i said that I usually play 20k-30k per month). Supposedly she'll send an email tomorrow with more exact details. If I like the deal, I'll go back, otherwise, I'm doing fine at other sites.

She also was very explicit about not making a new account.

goofball 10-19-2005 12:39 AM

who did you email exactly?

palman 10-19-2005 12:48 AM

I've been advising people not to start emailing party asking for the rakeback. I can only assume that if they ask you they're going to offer a better deal than if you ask them.

My deal was a little better than $800 for 15k hands. This is the first other $'s I've heard, so obviously party has some discretion in what they are offerring.

To get the best deal, I would suggest spending the next 2 months playing an insane amount of hands, then go and cash out and play somewhere else for a few months.

That'd be my best guess of how to get the best deal, however since they seem to be offerring it to more and more people per day, I'd at least wait another week or two before you ask them. What's a few weeks when we consider the next few years rakeback percentage?

StellarWind 10-19-2005 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she said that would pay like $800 per month if I play 15k hands (i said that I usually play 20k-30k per month)

[/ QUOTE ]
Total hands or raked hands?

10-19-2005 04:13 AM

What stakes if I may ask?

10-19-2005 04:27 AM

Palman, Did you get the pop up also when you logged on to Party or just the e-mail? And may I ask what limits you play? All I got was the pop up.

palman 10-19-2005 05:05 AM

Yes, I get the popup as well. And I've put in decent hours at all levels up to 30/60

rhizome 10-19-2005 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
she said that would pay like $800 per month if I play 15k hands (i said that I usually play 20k-30k per month)

[/ QUOTE ]
Total hands or raked hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. She just said "hands", but I suspect that they will be raked hands. I'm still waiting on the email.

rhizome 10-19-2005 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What stakes if I may ask?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a low level player -- mainly play 1/2, but have played a decent amount at 2/4 & 3/6. Over the last 2 months, I've dedidcated myself to 6-max. I told them I would primarly play 1/2 6-max.

Wynton 10-19-2005 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been advising people not to start emailing party asking for the rakeback. I can only assume that if they ask you they're going to offer a better deal than if you ask them.

My deal was a little better than $800 for 15k hands. This is the first other $'s I've heard, so obviously party has some discretion in what they are offerring.

To get the best deal, I would suggest spending the next 2 months playing an insane amount of hands, then go and cash out and play somewhere else for a few months.

That'd be my best guess of how to get the best deal, however since they seem to be offerring it to more and more people per day, I'd at least wait another week or two before you ask them. What's a few weeks when we consider the next few years rakeback percentage?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right, but it's hard to tell. Party seems to be changing its mind a lot these days, and perhaps the offers being reported now won't be available in a few weeks or months.

jba 10-19-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be patient. I sent them an email last week. This evening some lady called and talked to me about how much I play, what limits, etc. She said that I was the type of player they were looking for. The details weren't real good, but basically she said that would pay like $800 per month if I play 15k hands (i said that I usually play 20k-30k per month). Supposedly she'll send an email tomorrow with more exact details. If I like the deal, I'll go back, otherwise, I'm doing fine at other sites.

She also was very explicit about not making a new account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much just had the exact same experience, some guy just called me and welcomed me to the club. I sent an email to bonus@partypoker.com about a week ago, but the guy insinuated that he was calling me because I just completed my popup offer for oct.

FWIW, I used to play micro and small stakes on party until about 4-5 months ago, when I switched to empire and have been putting in 20k+ hands at 5/10+ for the last couple of months. About a month ago I deposited back into party to play in some PPM qualifiers, won a couple of semifinal seats, and in the last month have played 300 SNGs at the 55 and 109 level to earn the extra starting chips for the semis, and also mixed in around 5k hands of 5/10, 10/20, 15/30.

I told the guy on the phone all this, and told him that I was going to continue to play my 20-30k hands/month at another site because of the "bonuses" I was receiving. He asked about those bonuses, and I told him they worked out to about $.07/hand, and also told him that if party came close to matching this I would switch all of my cash game play to party. He said he would try to work some things out and get back to me with an offer.

as I was typing this I got a call back (literally 15 mins later) with a concrete offer: 10k raked hands by end of october, I get $500. 50k raked hands in nov: $2500. Limits unimportant. These bonuses are set amounts for a set number of hands; he said they were *not* doing $x/hand, but were considering implementing that in the near future. He also said I could give them a call any time during november if I thought I had no chance of hitting 50k and they would be happy to reevaluate. The guy was super nice, super helpful, very personal service. I was actually somewhat impressed by the experience.

I know this isn't close to 32%, but to have a clear, above board system with no risk that is maybe 20% or so is pretty nice to have (i haven't run any numbers, but it's .05/raked hand which I believe is in that neighborhood, if others can give me a concrete number I would appreciate).

MicroBob 10-19-2005 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10k raked hands by end of october: $500. 50k raked hands in nov: $2500

[/ QUOTE ]

not great....but could be worse.

a bit easier now that you can play more than 4 tables.

i would probably do this....but think they should give more for 50k.
do you have a way of monitoring # of raked-hands?? or do you just aim for 60k and hope it's enough?

jba 10-19-2005 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10k raked hands by end of october: $500. 50k raked hands in nov: $2500

[/ QUOTE ]

not great....but could be worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts exactly. It's not great but vastly better than what they are doing now.

[ QUOTE ]

i would probably do this....but think they should give more for 50k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm think I'm going to actually push hard for the 50k (would be my biggest month) and then try to negotiate - I definitely got the impression that they had a lot of leeway in the offers they give. If that's the best I can get I will definitely reevaluate - like you said it's not great. I'm hoping a big fat MGR for november can give me more leverage than the .5/1-3/6 and SNG numbers I have now give me.

[ QUOTE ]

do you have a way of monitoring # of raked-hands?? or do you just aim for 60k and hope it's enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can find it in poker tracker, filter down to just your PP hands for the month, go to Game Notes tab, hit "Get All" button, bottom row of the table look at TRH--> xxxx.

KaBoom 10-19-2005 02:21 PM

So 10K hands for $500 and 50K for $2500. This is like a 20 x playthru bonus. I kinda think this is terrible. Palman got 6.6 cents per hand which is $660 per 10K and 3300/50K hands. Maybe you should still negotiate!

jba 10-19-2005 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So 10K hands for $500 and 50K for $2500. This is like a 20 x playthru bonus. I kinda think this is terrible. Palman got 6.6 cents per hand which is $660 per 10K and 3300/50K hands. Maybe you should still negotiate!

[/ QUOTE ]

sort of like 20x playthrough, but essentially bottomless which is unlike any other bonus offer party has ever offered. for me it all comes down to $/hr, I really don't care if it is 100x playthrough or whatever setup as long as it makes me the most money. With this deal I am probably coming up about .2-.3bb/100 short on party compared to empire, and it is definitely possible this difference is overcome by the lower quality of players on the party network.

like I said in my post, the party dude said there currently is no x/hand system. What palman has, I have no idea but it sounds like something else. More power to him but he appears to be the only one on these boards (which are full of high volume/high stakes players) getting this type of offer. I'm not saying he's making it up, just saying that it's not worth trying to get something that no one else but him seems to be getting.

KaBoom 10-19-2005 02:47 PM

Very true that this offer is better than nothing and maybe they'll make you a better one after a few months.

My offer is now on the table. They are going thru my account activity and will offer something within the next few days. I haven't played much on party in the last 2 years so my offer will probably be the biggest joke of all if I even get one.

palman 10-19-2005 05:53 PM

My original offer stated $1400 for 21k hands. I then emailed them back asking for more clarification and she replied saying that its not a limit, that I'd get $700 if I hit 10.5k hands, and $2100 for 31.5k hands.

The original email stated "$1400 for 21,000 hands (of course if you exceed this amount, you will be rewarded accordingly) when I asked the specifics of that, that's when she said the explanation above.

I don't know what they used to come up with these #'s. In fact, my email stated "Last July, you played approximately 21,000" Why they chose 15 months ago as a benchmark I have absolutely no idea.

MicroBob 10-19-2005 06:20 PM

I am pretty sure that by 'last July' they were referring to 3 months ago.

Again, why they chose this is anyone's best guess.

Perhaps this was your highest-volume month on Party amongst your past 6-12 months or something like that.

palman 10-19-2005 06:35 PM

It certainly wasn't one of my higher months because I was out at the series for 2 weeks. I did move up to 30/60 around then though.

aucu 10-20-2005 12:24 PM

This sounds interesting.
It's just that I havent spent enough time on Party to "prove my worth" to them. Maybe after a couple of high volume weeks I'll give them an email.

popeye18 10-20-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds interesting.
It's just that I havent spent enough time on Party to "prove my worth" to them. Maybe after a couple of high volume weeks I'll give them an email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, im in the same boat. I started high volume play at 3/6 and 5/10 once i left party for a skin. Now i dont know whether i should start playing there and hope to get a good offer or wether i should try a diffrent route with party. I already tried e-mailing the bonus@party and told them how much i play and what limits but no response in a week.

aucu 10-20-2005 12:50 PM

I don't think you got the email right try
bonus@partypoker.com

I havn't emailed them yet. I'm playing mostly $50 and $100NL but will wait befor writing to them.

Let us know what they say.