Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Empire's road to hell (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359989)

William 10-18-2005 05:48 AM

Empire\'s road to hell

New Empire bonus. Today and tomorrow, you can depopsit $300 and get a 100% bonus.
To clear this fantastic (for them) offer, the ONLY thing you have to do is play 6000 hands in 10 days in their rock garden [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

MWAHAHAHA [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Desperation road leads to hell.....

Enjoy!

trentcroad 10-18-2005 06:38 AM

Re: Empire\'s road to hell

[ QUOTE ]
New Empire bonus. Today and tomorrow, you can depopsit $300 and get a 100% bonus.
To clear this fantastic (for them) offer, the ONLY thing you have to do is play 6000 hands in 10 days in their rock garden [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

MWAHAHAHA [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Desperation road leads to hell.....

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats 6000 raked!
It just gets better

Overdrive 10-18-2005 06:41 AM

6000 raked hands in 10 days would be what - 8000, maybe a little more dealt? Just about as worthless as it can be.

If I was a Royal Flush member I would be seriously worried that the free $100 a month they get is going to be going the way of the dinosaur before much longer..

daryn 10-18-2005 06:55 AM

it's actually not a rock garden. from what i hear from my friends the low limits seem fisher than ever

chisness 10-18-2005 06:55 AM

if they're making this dumb of promotions they deserve to go down

mosquito 10-18-2005 07:00 AM

Ugh. I stopped working on my 20X Multi bonuses on Black Saturday. Why would I start one on Empire?

Hung 10-18-2005 08:11 AM

It's funny to follow this.
The Empire strikes back with -nothing-

VinnyTheFish 10-18-2005 08:15 AM

I can not wait to get home and deposit!!! Another bonus for me!!

OH WAIT THEY BANNED ME for bonus abuse ... lol!

Does Empire miss us now? Are they going to ban all these people who take advantage of the bonus?

Sciolist 10-18-2005 08:22 AM

Is anyone gonna play the bonus to find out? I certainly don't want to play a thousand hands a day when there's a decent chance they'll just bar me.

gasoltub 10-18-2005 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's actually not a rock garden. from what i hear from my friends the low limits seem fisher than ever

[/ QUOTE ]
What limits would that be? I played some 2/4 yesterday and all four tables had a vp$ip of ~17%-19% with the occasional spike up to ~25% on one table for perhaps half an hour.

ThePike 10-18-2005 08:27 AM

I cleared this bonus in september, with no difficulties. Then it was 10x and you only had 3 days to clear it. The max limit deposit was $100, requiring 1000 raked hands. Here's my PT statistics for those days:

MyUserName PTY NL $25 (6 max)
sessions 38.0000
$won 118.1500
hands 1544.0000
hours 19.2333
BB/100 15.3044
VP$IP 22.6684
PFR% 2.5259
W$SD 53.9130

As seen, I played at lowest level, NL 6 max. I chose primarily tight tables, average pot between $3 and $4. That's because I think it's easier playing against tighter players. Notice that 1000 raked hands did compare to about 1500 hands, so for me, 6000 raked hands would require 9000 hands. 1500 hands took about 20 hours to play and since I was 3-tabling, about 7 real time hours. That means that 9000 hands will take about 120 h, and if 3-tabling, 40 h. To clear it in 10 days would thus take me 4 hours a day.

Well, it would be possible, the question is how the split has affected the type of players playing. I'm not a regular player, but was playing some evenings recently at Empire, and didn't notice too much of a difference, albeit spotting more Europeans and less Americans.

But now it's 20x, so the offer is less attractive. Don't now how to do, I actually withdraw recently from Empire and was surprised getting an email from them with this offer.

gasoltub 10-18-2005 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But now it's 20x, so the offer is less attractive. Don't now how to do, I actually withdraw recently from Empire and was surprised getting an email from them with this insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.

ThePike 10-18-2005 08:51 AM

Why insult? Getting paid $300 (tax free for Swedish players if site (Gibraltar) operated from within EU) for one working week (40 h), is not that bad. Well, I probably was just lucky earlier, can as well lose it now. Don't have enough statistics on my own play to tell.

ThePike 10-18-2005 09:02 AM

Let's see, a month's job would bring 4 times $300 then, that's $1200 a month, which is about half a normal monthly pay for a regular (lousy paid) job...well, maybe it's an insult after all [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Synergistic Explosions 10-18-2005 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why insult? Getting paid $300 (tax free for Swedish players if site (Gibraltar) operated from within EU) for one working week (40 h), is not that bad. Well, I probably was just lucky earlier, can as well lose it now. Don't have enough statistics on my own play to tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not an insult so much as just not very competitive. There are many sites offering better reload bonuses at the moment, so it's just not worth doing a 20X when you could do a 10X at say Bodog or Absolute.

Unless of course you love playing Empire, then it's OK for you. But its always better to clear $600 in bonus rather than $300 for the same amount of raked hands in my opinion.

Eder 10-18-2005 10:25 AM

20x is supposed to increase Empires #'s? Who the hell is running that site...Paul Martin?

aucu 10-18-2005 10:36 AM

The games should be even tighter than before because some will try to do this offer.

The question is how to change your game to take advantage of this for profit rather than just bonus then it might be worth it.

ThePike 10-18-2005 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The games should be even tighter than before because some will try to do this offer.

The question is how to change your game to take advantage of this for profit rather than just bonus then it might be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's beating me you're talking about. And I know exactly how someone should play to beat me. Should I tell? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1C5 10-18-2005 10:53 AM

I am never played another hand there...
20X, hahahaha idiots.

ggbman 10-18-2005 11:03 AM

This bonus is an excellent deal for many ppl, dont underestimate the # of high volume smaller stakes players.

MicroBob 10-18-2005 11:17 AM

Haven't looked at the mid-high games there but have seen that there are a couple of 100/200 games going sometimes and I can't imagine that ALL the players are Howard Lederer.

Played 5/10 6-max there the other day and was a little surprised to see that one of my favorite fish was at the table (naturally I just assumed he was a party-fish).

He remembered me too...because I stayed to play him heads-up late one night and he berated me endlessly for staying with 65s and beating him in a hand.
Others joined the table and even after he busted-out he decided to tell all the other new arrivals that I totally sucked and didn't know how to play and will call a raise with 65s (which, fwiw, is reasonable in heads-up play).

so when I showed up at his table on empire the other day he went right into his whole "OMG" routine and proceeded to play 50/3 style poker.

(also, just a thought - how the hell is it that all these VP-50 type players can actually find ways to criticize an opponents pre-flop selection? I've been at many tables where a 50/3 guy is total ripping on someone....sometimes that someone is 80/50, other times they are 24/14).

I liked the games on empire just fine...and will probably deposit for this bonus. Whether or not I actually finish it is another thing and it probably isn't THAT hugely profitable for me.
But the extra little incentive to just play my freaking hands is a little push I need sometimes.

Synergistic Explosions 10-18-2005 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This bonus is an excellent deal for many ppl, dont underestimate the # of high volume smaller stakes players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they could just go to a different site and pick up $600 in bonus for the same amount of hands. So it can't be an excellent deal if the object is to draw people in. It's only excellent for those who were going to play there anyways regardless, so the offer doesn't really draw additional players in.

colehard 10-18-2005 11:43 AM

So basically this bonus is worth about 3.85 cents per hand. Or 5c per raked hand. Based on my 50NL stats the rake per hand is 6.9c. So this bonus doesn't even cover the rake, unless you are getting rakeback too....

It wouldn't encourage me to play if I wasn't already playing. But it is free money if you are.

Keith Fellmy 10-18-2005 11:58 AM

Dear Player,

EmpirePoker invites you to enjoy another great benefit:
100% EXTRA on your next deposit, up to $300!!

Use deposit code "300MATCH" from October 19, 00:01 AM EST until
October 20, 11:59 PM EST, 2005.

To claim your bonus, make sure to deposit in the time frame stated above,
using the deposit code “300MATCH” and to play 20 times raked hands of the
bonus amount during 10 days.

To learn more, click here.

See you at the tables,

Promotions Department
Empire Poker

No they won't see me at their tables!!!!

10-18-2005 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

See you on Absolute's tables,

Promotions Department
Empire Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Synergistic Explosions 10-18-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

See you on Absolute's tables,

Promotions Department
Empire Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLOL

groo 10-18-2005 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6000 raked hands in 10 days would be what - 8000, maybe a little more dealt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played 3000 raked hands at Multi since the break up at 1/2 (6max), which I believe would give the highest percentage of raked hands. I've had a 59% raked hand average, that traslates to 10,169 dealt to clear this bonus. Good Luck........

groo 10-18-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played almost exclusively at the skins since the break up, there's just been too many bonuses to pass up. To say they have been fishier would be inaccurate, but so would calling them a rock garden. It isn't what it used to be, but it's a far cry from being like some of the rock gardens out there. 20x on the other hand is a MAJOR grind for me, not sure yet if I'm interested, but probably not. Maybe I'll just deposit enough for a $200 bonus.

Eder 10-18-2005 01:51 PM

He remembered me too...because I stayed to play him heads-up late one night and he berated me endlessly for staying with 65s and beating him in a hand.
Others joined the table and even after he busted-out he decided to tell all the other new arrivals that I totally sucked and didn't know how to play and will <font color="red"> reraise </font> with 65s (which, fwiw, is reasonable in heads-up play).

Gives you 2 ways to win haha

lorinda 10-18-2005 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6000 raked hands in 10 days would be what - 8000, maybe a little more dealt? Just about as worthless as it can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't played there for a while have you?

At .5/1 it would be more like 16000 dealt.

Lori

Brice 10-18-2005 02:10 PM

I am looking at the bonus. I am a full time player so I could clear the bonus with no problem in the 10 days. The $300 is the main thing I am looking at plus the rake back I will get. The only problem is I have $600 of my roll tied to PS and I am planning on attacking the Eurobet bonus as well. I also have the October Bet365 that I need to get around to. I will make up my mind eventually.

Either way, I am glad Empire is trying to remain competitive. This is the second bonus of the week and it seems they are done kicking you off the site if you just whore at the site. I will be keeping it in mind for future bonii.

William 10-18-2005 02:43 PM

I am glad Empire is trying to remain competitive

With a bonus that needs way over 10.000 hands to be cleared?

This must be the joke of the week. TY [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

barongreenback 10-18-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I was a Royal Flush member I would be seriously worried that the free $100 a month they get is going to be going the way of the dinosaur before much longer..

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not a Royal flush member but I'm curious about this too. $1200 a year deposit bonuses with no raked hands is a lot to give to players who may not be playing there any more.

NLSoldier 10-18-2005 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not a Royal flush member but I'm curious about this too. $1200 a year deposit bonuses with no raked hands is a lot to give to players who may not be playing there any more.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a royal flush member and I dont think ive ever gottne this 100 bucks.

gergery 10-18-2005 03:25 PM

What terrible marketing. They should be going after light users here to build up the games, not the heavy users.

-g

Brice 10-18-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am glad Empire is trying to remain competitive

With a bonus that needs way over 10.000 hands to be cleared?

This must be the joke of the week. TY [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You failed to mention that this is their second bonus of the month.

berya 10-18-2005 04:42 PM

I believe you have to deposit to get it. Something like 10% of your first deposit of the month up to 100?. They transfer the money then to your account within 74hrs. On the other hand all of a sudden you can't cashout from them now more than 3K a day or 10K a month. I can't cash out my bankroll from them unless I give them my social or fax them id. This restriction was not there before the breakup.

stabn 10-18-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the high volume small stakes players have rakeback. I haven't done the math but i assume rakeback comes out ahead of a 20x bonus.

PennDisc 10-18-2005 06:24 PM

Yeah but if their rakeback is with Empire then they can get both...

10-18-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but if their rakeback is with Empire then they can get both...

[/ QUOTE ]

So...it's a bonus that only high volume players with Empire rakeback care about. Yea, that'll help the fish [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I looked at it, and at the Eurobet one, and either they were worth less than my rakeback elsewhere, or close enough I didn't care.